Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

I had just gotten the camera so i was freaking out frantically pressing buttons trying to remember how to bring it back up

I wish it was attached to your scope instead of being its own rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I quickly strapped way too many balloons onto a little raft nearby and went flying towards it. my friends and I were completely losing our poo poo, its so good

wait holy poo poo that works? omg

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

sector_corrector posted:

I found... something on the Hylian bridge. it was loving gigantic, green, covered in lightning and flying. i took a picture of it for my album, but can't remember the name of it.

i was sitting under an arch with my horse, waiting for a thunderstorm to pass, and turned around to see it floating around. i said "holy poo poo" pretty loud, and was legitimately amazed.

theres a few of them. The first one I saw was a red one as it was flying around a canyon far beneath the cliff I was climbing... I've seen the green one too but for some reason seeing a giant thing lurking beneath me was way more awe-inspiring and intimidating than seeing it fly above me.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ths is the best fuckin game ever made, im literally sittng here at work thinking about making my raft fly and where i cn get to with it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ths is the best fuckin game ever made, im literally sittng here at work thinking about making my raft fly and where i cn get to with it

I just played for an hour on lunch break man. The Switch is the future

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i enjoy taking link selfies

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Today is the day I finally climb Death Mountain. I saved on the mountain tower so I don't get distracted and go on an 8 hour journey through the jungle or something.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

I suggest the true fans do the same

Seriously considering doing this now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rito dungeon talk that felt very easy and short? the boss was also a complete joke..that was so odd compared to like everything else in the game lol. whatever. couldve been worse but from the village to the boss it felt super rushed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto ("Shigsy") owns

getting serious gamer feels over miyamoto-san's vision finally being achieved

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I already cannot remember life without this game. I can't even imagine life after I'm done with it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

getting serious gamer feels over miyamoto-san's vision finally being achieved
Yeah I've heard dozens of time about how the original Zelda is built on the idea of Shiggy exploring the countryside as a young boy and it's impossible to play BotW and stand in the middle of a grassy field with the wind blowing through and rustling leaves and not be moved to tears at the realization that his dream was finally actualized.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

White Genocide posted:

i enjoy taking link selfies

wait... how do you do this?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

Is there a way to see how many hours you've played?

on the switch: sort of. once you have the game on your system for a week, itll tell you your playtime in your profile (tap your user icon up top)

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

wait... how do you do this?

Press b while the camera is out

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

IdealFlaws posted:

Press b while the camera is out

and then strike different poses using L stick directions :)

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto ("Shigsy") owns

Lol hes just a big ol kid. This interview from '92 makes it seem like his vision finally came true. Miyamoto on one of the discarded ideas for LttP: One idea was with the lantern: if you used it on a grassy area, it would cause a huge brushfire. If you cut a little circle of grass around you, you could safely stand there in the middle of it!
Interview: http://shmuplations.com/zeldalttp/

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

This game is one neverending goomba stomp

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im enjoying the scenic vistas of the bay area yet can't help but miss hyrule while im away from the wii u. i timed this trip poorly

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Guyovich posted:

im enjoying the scenic vistas of the bay area yet can't help but miss hyrule while im away from the wii u. i timed this trip poorly

i've got a huge deadline looming on saturday. i've only been able to get in like 1 or 2 hours a day. but that's also making the game stretch out, and every time i'm able to come home and play is goddamn amazing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A solid 40% of all the NPCs that I've met are horny as gently caress for link

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

A solid 40% of all the NPCs that I've met are horny as gently caress for link

it's sort of unnerving

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just followed a baby Korok at a crouch and it got attacked and shouted "help me Mr Hero" and when I ran forward to help it it caused me to insta-fail the mission. I hate this game now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just followed a baby Korok at a crouch and it got attacked and shouted "help me Mr Hero" and when I ran forward to help it it caused me to insta-fail the mission. I hate this game now

tht mission is pure dogshit, the next ones way fuckin cool though, gl larry

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the character designs are sooooo good...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

I found... something on the Hylian bridge. it was loving gigantic, green, covered in lightning and flying. i took a picture of it for my album, but can't remember the name of it.

i was sitting under an arch with my horse, waiting for a thunderstorm to pass, and turned around to see it floating around. i said "holy poo poo" pretty loud, and was legitimately amazed.

vvv thats a spoiler but SA keeps autoembedding webms so vOv

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/24706514464-offset-9713.310000000045-16-854x480.mp4

ive been recording as much of my gameplay as possible (missed a few hours recently though cause ive been playing on my bed) and its paid off real well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

delete that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fuckin lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i ahve 14 shrines completed is the game almost done

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's cool and funny.

edit: I got stuck on that quest for a while, also I'm not sure if I figured out the lost woods or just got lucky.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

i ahve 14 shrines completed is the game almost done

Yes, I'm sorry to say.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just want a simple yes/no: is there a later game thing that will make me regret selling diamonds as I find them?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I just want a simple yes/no: is there a later game thing that will make me regret selling diamonds as I find them?

yes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is that true of all the gemstones?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Everything is used for something or other. Sell ambers and opals liberally because you get tons, and you should still be set for cash. Sell a couple of the 3 mid tier ones in a pinch if you really need cash quick.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

depends on how much you want to 'complete' the game. if you plan on maxing out even the stuff you'll never use you should keep all of them, if not, you're probably safe only keeping a few diamonds on hand.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I sell most of my gems, its easily the best way to get money and they aren't a finite resource anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
so i've prolly clocked 35+ hours into this game so far, being thorough in my exploration, doing side quests and such, etc.. and decided gently caress it let's go to the castle and Destroy Ganon to see the ending. Guess what my completion percentage is. 17.03%. How did they do this.. My god

• Locked thread