Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The point of an empire is to rule over masses of foreigners conquered by your in group. The AI is bringing about 100+ thousand people with no more than about 25k from any one species. The idea is absurd.

More absurd than a species of only a few billion spacefaring newbs getting an equal share in a thousand year old civilization just 20 years after they learned it even existed because they had 1 really cool dude. No, seriously, he was really really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I wanted Fran Drescher.

Every entry would conclude with her "NEHEHEHEHE" laugh.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Nevets posted:

More absurd than a species of only a few billion spacefaring newbs getting an equal share in a thousand year old civilization just 20 years after they learned it even existed because they had 1 really cool dude. No, seriously, he was really really cool.

Oh, so Trump already made a cameo and I missed it.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Please save this thread Barons Cyber Skull. We cannot save ourselves.

Krogan lives matter.

Ethics in fictional historical voiceover journalism.

Equal rights for equal clones.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Unless they're Krogan clones, gently caress those abominations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Those Nvidia screenshots are the first I'm seeing this fella:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

mass effect dino-riders crossover merchandise promotion confirmed

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
That's not a screenshot from Horizon Zero Dawn?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know, Andromeda does leave events in the Silver Stream open enough for the indoctrinated-Shepard interpretation of the ME3 ending, where the last 20 minutes of the game were just a horrible nightmare.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Apraxin posted:

Have we heard any Angarans speak before? Based on the one in that video I'm imagining that the whole species speak in cheerful Cor Blimey Guv'nor accents, which would be amazing and horrifying.

Oh golly I hope so. Isn't Jaal's actor English?

I like the details on the backs of their heads. Very molluscan.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would enjoy the twist of British accented-people being the subjects of imperial overlords

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Elotana posted:

That's not a screenshot from Horizon Zero Dawn?

That is not a robo-dino it's just a dino with robo-parts.

Anyway, trophies are up: https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

IcePhoenix posted:

Anyway, trophies are up: https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/

Well, at least we know what the special Tech power is now.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

IcePhoenix posted:

Matchmaker
Complete romances with three different characters across all playthroughs.

At the same time or GTFO. :colbert:

Edit: There are some mild spoilers in the trophies, namely rescuing the ark of some specified species. Stay away if you don't want to know which.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 8, 2017

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Also, the Oedipus Retch trophy for doing that with your mom was a big surprise.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I am looking forward to this game. Looks super fun, hopefully there won't be any last minute delays for any reason.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

marshmallow creep posted:

Those Nvidia screenshots are the first I'm seeing this fella:

If I can't tame and ride this majestic beast then this will all have been for naught.

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if this is ALL of the trophies or if there's hidden ones?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 8, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Matchmaker
Complete romances with three different characters across all playthroughs.

At the same time or GTFO. :colbert:

Edit: There are some mild spoilers in the trophies, namely rescuing the ark of some specified species. Stay away if you don't want to know which.

I like that some of the trophies allow you to do something in either single or multiplayer to get them.

Also yes, spoilers, but I assumed that was implied since trophies have them all the time.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Can you have sex with the same alien multiple times in different positions until the cutscenes get boring and the alien starts saying their ocellus aches and you go jerk off in the space toilet thinking about one of the sexy octapods at the trading outpost you saw the toher day?

Yeah that's mapped to L1

Cowcaster posted:

careful you'll drive hedrigall to death by dehydration

:catstare:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Also, the Oedipus Retch trophy for doing that with your mom was a big surprise.

Turns out your new home was really your old one.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Deakul posted:

If I can't tame and ride this majestic beast then this will all have been for naught.

before the ending the greatest issue of ME3 was the fact that there was references to KROGAN CAVALRY mounted in badass lizards you found in a scan and then nothing at all to show

as another said before, embrace the suck, jetpack for greatness

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Ainsley McTree posted:

I would enjoy the twist of British accented-people being the subjects of imperial overlords

The British working class didn't share the economic benefits of the empire and were often made to go and die in foreign wars to maintain it. The first people subjugated by imperial overlords are normally in the same country.

Much like my child prince Ryder will seek to reign supreme over the poor sods trapped at his mercy in Andromeda.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Cloak and biotic charge are only available if you specialize at the beginning or spend enough skills on other stuff in the relevant tree later, what's the big gated combat power?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Cloak and biotic charge are only available if you specialize at the beginning or spend enough skills on other stuff in the relevant tree later, what's the big gated combat power?

Flak cannon, looks like - don't be fooled by the name, it's a rocket launcher.

Tech also has a unique passive tree, Team Support. As the name suggests, Team Support is all about making your companions with you stronger - increasing their health and damage, reducing their cooldowns, etc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress yes gently caress yes gently caress yes

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the "Complete 5 Gold Missions" before the game even actually comes out. Fellow Goon Seer and I made a habit of just crushing Gold mode as a duo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

IcePhoenix posted:

quote:

Vanguard Surprise
While cloaked, hit an enemy with a Charge attack. (Single-Player)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Enough about actual mechanics I heard that there isn't any fade to black bad if you're renegade enough you can have sex with an alien hole confirm/deny????

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

"we make it slightly different from the male alien" - someone else at bioware, probably

and then they did

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Do all female aliens have big lips as a tertiary sexual characteristic because every alien species has independently evolved the labia?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Do all female aliens have big lips as a tertiary sexual characteristic because every alien species has independently evolved the labia?

gunning for a new thread title i see

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

To be honest they should have made the angarans super hot buff spacedudes that are monogendered and reproduce by spitting or something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don't see any cat-tits how am I supposed to know which is which

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
We can't be too weird guys but our players gotta know which one to bang!!! <--- Bioware's special version of the road to hell paved by good bad intentions

Zane fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 8, 2017

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Admiral Ray posted:

To be honest they should have made the angarans super hot buff spacedudes that are monogendered and reproduce by spitting or something.

Have you been looking at my DeviantArt page?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
The best joke Bioware could play is if the alien sex scene stops halfway through because Andromedans have completely different sex organs.

"What the gently caress is that?"

"That's my dick, don't your males have penises?"

"No, procreation in my race is accomplished by having the female penetrate the male's birthing pouch with her ovipositor and implanting her egg. The male's genetic material never leaves his body."

"Wait a minute, I didn't see anything that looked like that when we were fooling around a minute ago!"

"Duh! I already told you only our females have them."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD DREAM THIEF

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zane posted:

We can't be too weird guys but our players gotta know which one to bang!!! <--- Bioware's special version of the road to hell paved by good bad intentions

You joke, but a developer for The Old Republic explicitly cited this argument when explaining why all the romance options in that game are mundane humanoids with human features as opposed to more exotic options.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

wasn't there an artist that left Andromeda and had like a full stack of awesome alien designs but all of them were shot because "TOO ALIEN" or something?

because the angara and the kett suck on the alien-ness scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There was a scan of the page in the art book for the angara that said they had very human like facial features so that the players would easily empathize with them. There was also a video feature on the design of the kett where concept art was shown and the one they went with was a human with a rock on its head for the same reasoning.