Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

My grandfather was a Nazi? Because that's an actual Nazi stormtrooper. Maybe that's :thejoke:

Based on the gun and the mask, it seems more likely that's a picture from WW1. Which makes the original tweet even more nonsensical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Perestroika posted:

Based on the gun and the mask, it seems more likely that's a picture from WW1. Which makes the original tweet even more nonsensical.

Please tell me that pic is artwork is from a videogame.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha you're right that seems to be a German ww1 soldier.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

RFC2324 posted:

45, right?

Dr Christmas posted:

The sum of the two numbers and the previous answer works just as well too, which is how some got 34.

Actually I think you'll find that regardless of what's written above the equation, 8+5 is 13. :smugbert:

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 13:31 on Mar 8, 2017

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Hardcordion posted:

Actually I think you'll find that regardless of what's written above the equation, 8+5 is 13. :smugbert:
It is in the decimal system :smugbert:

I can't actually be arsed to find out if the thing perhaps makes sense in another system.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Flipperwaldt posted:

It is in the decimal system :smugbert:

I can't actually be arsed to find out if the thing perhaps makes sense in another system.

2+2=10... IN BASE 4 I'M FINE!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Mid 20s, grandparents on one side were too young for the war so she stayed put on a farm in butt gently caress nowhere, Bavaria, and he lived in Karlsruhe, trying to get to the air shelter in time.

On the other side of my family they were old enough so my grandfather was given a choice between the eastern front and Africa. He chose the latter and fought for a short while in an infantry brigade before getting captured by the Canadians and finishing the war in the relative comfort of a canuck pow camp.

So I guess you can have it both ways :v:

My grandparents were born in the 1920s (I'm turning 25 soon but they had my mom much later than the rest of the kids, which is why they're so much older than average for people my age) and to my knowledge my grandfather either stayed a civilian or had a relatively peaceful non-combatant military job.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
My grandfather was in World War I, but he was a military police officer in Kansas, so I know that's not him.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like to picture her glaring at horses in a field over a fence and screaming "GET A JOB"

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

(Apologies for size, screenshots and HiDPI don't really go well together.)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I actually laughed out loud at this, what an amazing point of view!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

This quote, being read by your avatar, in the most patronizing voice possible, is hilarious to me for some reason.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That's a ripped off karl pilkington thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXMKr2mbhM

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I hate how boomers totally steal valor from the "greatest generation" anyway, like yeah big whoop, those were your parents (sometimes), they weren't you, you don't get any claim on that poo poo or their "GRIT". What's it got to do with you or your generation? "That's when men were men!", yeah, and you weren't those men :v:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I hate how boomers totally steal valor from the "greatest generation" anyway, like yeah big whoop, those were your parents (sometimes), they weren't you, you don't get any claim on that poo poo or their "GRIT". What's it got to do with you or your generation? "That's when men were men!", yeah, and you weren't those men :v:

My theory is that Boomers say this poo poo because the WW2 generation gave the Boomers poo poo over losing Vietnam.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
One like = respect.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

CommonShore posted:

My theory is that Boomers say this poo poo because the WW2 generation gave the Boomers poo poo over losing Vietnam.

Its even simpler than that. Boomers grew up during the Cold War, but saw their parents or older siblings who lived in a time that to them, was 'simpler'. Didn't have to worry about commies or war protestors or civil rights or gang violence or anything that some boomers clutch pearls over. Things like gender roles and race relations weren't a problem to them because everybody 'knew their place' and there wasn't any dissent they ever had to address. So they fetishize a generation that they believe didn't have to deal with any of it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Aerdan posted:

(Apologies for size, screenshots and HiDPI don't really go well together.)

I take it the idiot is Red?

(Also, rather strange to see someone I know in IOSM)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

TinTower posted:

I take it the idiot is Red?

(Also, rather strange to see someone I know in IOSM)
So how is Jenni irl?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

hanales posted:

One like = respect.

Man who is that dude and how did he do it? Maybe he should have been president.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hanales posted:

One like = respect.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fathis Munk posted:

Man who is that dude and how did he do it? Maybe he should have been president.

If I remember right he stood up to a dude being super racist to a Muslim guy on a hidden camera show.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha you're right that seems to be a German ww1 soldier.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5bjhpg/ww1_stormtrooper_with_mask_and_mp18/

Lol I'd have to be 40 to have a grandpa in ww1

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

So how is Jenni irl?

Nah, not like that; the thread is on a friend's page.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

:laffo:

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

This one is pretty great if it's a troll.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Push El Burrito posted:

If I remember right he stood up to a dude being super racist to a Muslim guy on a hidden camera show.

That's exactly it. He's got my like! God bless.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
A repeat of every March 8th for the last decade.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh man, I wish I could show you the shitstorm I've just encountered. The Photography Museum in Stockholm raised the entrance fee for men on this day only with 13%. The mantears on their Facebook is incredible.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

I'm almost 40 and my grandfather was in the Korean War, still a couple decades too young!

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh man, I wish I could show you the shitstorm I've just encountered. The Photography Museum in Stockholm raised the entrance fee for men on this day only with 13%. The mantears on their Facebook is incredible.

I bet the follow up discussion on flashback was calm, collected and open to different views.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 22:59 on Mar 8, 2017

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Is he dying in May?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

I feel like giving women a discount might be a better way to go about that.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

I'm almost 40 and my grandfather was in the Korean War, still a couple decades too young!

It's really addressing those 20-somethings whose parents had them way late in life. And rightly so because that small subset of the millennial generation are some real entitled assholes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grem posted:

I'm 30 and my grandpa was in ww2. Though I am the youngest kid of his youngest kid

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'll be 30 in a couple months, and my grandpa on my dad's side served in WW2. My grandpa on my mom's side would've been 10 when the war ended, though. Thanks for listening.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thank you for your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like giving women a discount might be a better way to go about that.

discrimination is good.