Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I'm finding it hard to back since I don't know what the third movie is or if any if the tiers will eventually include it as a VOD or not, it kinda confuses the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Well it just got a little more interesting: Trace and Frank are coming to the Summer Shorts show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Mary Jo and Bridget are back with The Maturing Woman.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Phone posting, how does it look?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

Well it just got a little more interesting: Trace and Frank are coming to the Summer Shorts show.

Oh goddamn that is amazing news!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

Oh goddamn that is amazing news!

And it gets better as Paul F. Tompkins has been announced as well.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

They brought back the one dollar reward tier so all you negative nellies can get some free shorts and other things for a buck.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Give up guys, this year is the year of MST3K.

On a second thought, don't give up. The kickstarter is funded past 90% with 20+ days to spare.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I'm just surprised, as normally they get more than twice their goal in their yearly kickstarter.

Unfortunately, I cannot go to Trace and Frank show when they come to my neck of the woods because of work. Oh well, perhaps next time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PassTheRemote posted:

I'm just surprised, as normally they get more than twice their goal in their yearly kickstarter.

Unfortunately, I cannot go to Trace and Frank show when they come to my neck of the woods because of work. Oh well, perhaps next time.

Ehhh, if you look at their past projects their goals were usually pretty low; $75-100K. They always topped out in the neighborhood of $250-265K; last year was a black swan event because they dangled an MST3K reunion at the height of the "OMG REVIVAL" craze and they got $621K. The year before that -- The Crappening -- they raised $250K. With 17 days left in that fundraiser they'd raised ~$150K; compare that to the $235K we're at now. Furthermore, the first day of The Crappening's fundraiser brought in $78,293. First day of this fundraiser brought in $110,042. So the enthusiasm hasn't drained away, though I'm aware I might sound a lot like the ROTC dude at the end of Animal House.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah this year's KS is doing pretty typical for them, I'm not sure why anyone is fretting. They always start strong, go on cruise control for about 3 weeks and then see another bump in the final 48 hours.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The thing about kickstarters is that (generally speaking), most of the funding happens in the first three days due to initial enthusiasm, then in the last 48 hours when the reminder emails go out.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I'll mirror the sentiment of another poster and say I don't quite get the need for Kickstarter in this context. I buy the vods, I go to every live show, but I don't feel the need to pay in advance. The 2 known shows, they've already got the rights. Third thing no one knows what it is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And I think that why it's so much slower this time. Without knowing what the third show is, and if it's the Doctor Who tv movie...the it kinda just 'why even kickstart" this. The MST3K reunion show needed to pay for everyone wanting to come together for the first time, and the others paid for big hollywood movies, where this time it just some public domain shorts and two low cost to license movies. I doubt the Doctor Who tv movie cost much compare to the two already VoD Doctor Who movies they have on the site.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rirse posted:

And I think that why it's so much slower this time.

:ughh:

DivisionPost posted:

Ehhh, if you look at their past projects their goals were usually pretty low; $75-100K. They always topped out in the neighborhood of $250-265K; last year was a black swan event because they dangled an MST3K reunion at the height of the "OMG REVIVAL" craze and they got $621K. The year before that -- The Crappening -- they raised $250K. With 17 days left in that fundraiser they'd raised ~$150K; compare that to the $235K we're at now. Furthermore, the first day of The Crappening's fundraiser brought in $78,293. First day of this fundraiser brought in $110,042. So the enthusiasm hasn't drained away, though I'm aware I might sound a lot like the ROTC dude at the end of Animal House.

Again I remind you, I'm not feeling this Kickstarter either. But it only feels slower because they set their goal at the low end of what their Kickstarters usually bring in, barring last year's "MST REUNION GET HYPE" event.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well, it's about 8k away from the goal, so we might see it push over tonight.

EDIT: This just came in from their email:

quote:

Free Shorts for ALL Backers!

Starting at 3,300 backers, and with every additional 150 backers who join our current Kickstarter project (up to 4,650), we'll give away a free short to EVERY BACKER! That means every single backer at every level - even $1! - could receive up to 10 bonus shorts for their pledge.

IF WE REACH... YOU'LL GET
3300 Backers: The Tiny Astronaut
3450 Backers: On Guard, Bunco!
3600 Backers: Choking: To Save a Life!
3750 Backers: The Snob
3900 Backers: Buying Food
4050 Backers: Goodbye, Weeds
4200 Backers: Improve Your Pronunciation
4350 Backers: Making Sense with Sentences
4500 Backers: Cooking Terms
4650 Backers: Shapes We Live With

Already own any of the shorts we're giving away? Then you'll automatically get a one dollar credit added to your RiffTrax account for each short you own instead. That way, you'll either get some free funny, OR free money to spend on the RIffTrax site!
I might do this, because I have all those shorts already, so it would be like a $10 gift certificate for me.

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 8, 2017

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Seriously nobody has an excuse to not drop at least a dollar even if you give zero fucks about any of the live shows. You're guaranteed to get your hard-earned Washington back and then some in the form of multiple shorts and/or gift certificates.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Planning on donating like I do to all of the Kickstarters, but will wait until the last movie is announced to pick the tier level

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ballz posted:

Seriously nobody has an excuse to not drop at least a dollar even if you give zero fucks about any of the live shows. You're guaranteed to get your hard-earned Washington back and then some in the form of multiple shorts and/or gift certificates.

I don't have a dollar or any means to transmit it it them. Is that an excuse?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, we're less than $2,500 away from the goal, so I'm not too worried.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
.....and it's GOOD!

The kickstarter is now 68 dollars over the goal and with only 17 days left. Can't see any reason not to give them at least a buck.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
:lol: they are not announcing the mystery show until after the kickstarter ends. Totally shocked here.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

quote:

Since our initial goal has been met, we’re gearing up to announce our next set of stretch goals. We’re not ready to spill the beans quite yet, but we promise if you’re GAME, they’ll drive you absolutely BATTY.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a Batman movie that features sports or something?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not sports related, but it could be the first series of Batman serials. They did the second one, so why not do the other half.

Probably not for a movie event through.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Drastic Actions posted:

:lol: they are not announcing the mystery show until after the kickstarter ends. Totally shocked here.

gently caress

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Probably mp3s for game of thrones episode 2 and Batman vs Superman, I'd bet

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RandomPauI posted:

Is there a Batman movie that features sports or something?

Games --> Riddles?

Batman Forever would be a prime target.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ixnay posted:

Probably mp3s for game of thrones episode 2 and Batman vs Superman, I'd bet

Sounds fair. Of course, then I'll actually have to sit through BvS...

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Did they say if the secret show will be a VOD or not? Couldn't see it either way on the page..

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The rumor of the secret show is:

Doctor Who – The Five Doctors Google for "rifftrax live doctor who" and the first result is a deleted page offering presale tickets. This is still a rumor and not verified but seems legit enough to me

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just got an email describing the stretch goals.

A brand new VOD of Final Justice? GO AHEAD ON!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MrMidnight posted:

Just got an email describing the stretch goals.

A brand new VOD of Final Justice? GO AHEAD ON!

Didn't they heavy edit the Sci-Fi one? Which is why that guy gets shot twice in the same fashion? Be interesting to see what changes on that one, since it was the whole Rifftrax crew for the old episode, but a new take should be great too.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I'd also like to see them redo Mitchell since that one got cut to shreds on MST3K ("Wasn't John Saxon in this movie at one point?").

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
In non-kickstarter news, the new VOD is the prequel to Cave Dwellers

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I hope they send a copy to Miles.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

How much Keefe was in that movie?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vicissitude posted:

How much Keefe was in that movie?

Oddly only 5,279 feet of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
lol

quote:

Pledge $625 or more
Script Review with Bill!

Bill will read and analyze your script then do a one-hour private phone consultation with you at a mutually convenient time. Please note: limited to scripts, not novels etc.; maximum 120 pages, but will consider slightly raising that if approved in advance. Also does not promise any kind of future help with the script, limited to this one hour only, and must be redeemed within one year of the end of this Kickstarter campaign. Also includes everything from the $250 tier.
Estimated delivery Apr 2018
Ships to Anywhere in the world
Reward no longer available 2 backers

• Locked thread