Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

The way the garbage people talk is probably the thing that has got me closest to quitting this show. It's embarassingly bad. I'd take a million magic van flips and dumpster glens over that poo poo anyday.

It is absolutely stupid, it's just not been long enough for this to start to happen. Like I said before so much of the show feels like there's been a huge gap between the apocalypse and now.

And I don't see a problem with Rosita. She's frustrated and wishes she could do something. Just like Carl, but nobody's calling him whiny or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Taear posted:

And I don't see a problem with Rosita. She's frustrated and wishes she could do something. Just like Carl, but nobody's calling him whiny or whatever.

The way they wrote her frustration is being a bitch to everyone all the time.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

TOOT BOOT posted:

The way they wrote her frustration is being a bitch to everyone all the time.

She's doing exactly what Carl's doing. And a bit what Rick was doing!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

At least she doesn't sweat as much.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Taear posted:

Naw, they're both all retarded.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My favorite part of the episode was the convoluted ways they put Rick and Micchone in danger. It was like a Rube Goldberg machine.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Taear posted:

It is absolutely stupid, it's just not been long enough for this to start to happen. Like I said before so much of the show feels like there's been a huge gap between the apocalypse and now.

How long have you been here because people have been complaining about Carl being whiny since around midway through Season 2.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So when Rick walked away from the easily killable non-threatening zombies to climb the ferris wheel it sounded like he was shot at when he fell, but nothing came of it. Did I miss something?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope the next episode is just about the guys playing golf that lost all their batteries

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How long have you been here because people have been complaining about Carl being whiny since around midway through Season 2.

Taear is the only person in this thread who isn't committing misogyny by not liking a female character. Let's all applaud Taear!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

coyo7e posted:

Rick is the deer, it's a symbol of him becoming complacent and what could happen if he, like the deer, stops metaphorically running to wank and not remain observant of his surroundings.

Every time you see a deer in Walking Dead, you know something bad is going to happen, It's foreshadowing. Chekov's deer. Unless Michonne is walking around with it slung over her shoulders. Then it's fine.

Here, this is super off topic but I think I used to play call of duty with you and a guy called alexnessie (i think that was his name) many many years ago.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

So when Rick walked away from the easily killable non-threatening zombies to climb the ferris wheel it sounded like he was shot at when he fell, but nothing came of it. Did I miss something?

One of the zombies had his gun and straps tied up in some rebar and that whole mess was jostling the trigger on the gun and it let off a few bursts

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Guys, guys, guys. You're all missing a HUGE plot point re: the deer.

It wasn't bad cgi, it was the Ghost of the deer from alllllllllll the way back in S2.

Rick was obsessed with bagging it so Carl can talk about the deer.

Sheesh. Are you people even WATCHING this show?!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Orange Red Bull posted:

One of the zombies had his gun and straps tied up in some rebar and that whole mess was jostling the trigger on the gun and it let off a few bursts

That's when he was in the car, not when he was climbing the ferris wheel.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ehud posted:

My favorite part of the episode was the convoluted ways they put Rick and Micchone in danger. It was like a Rube Goldberg machine.

I wanted a helicopter to fall on them while they were walking across the roof.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Bigass Moth posted:

That's when he was in the car, not when he was climbing the ferris wheel.

I don't know what you're talking about then. There was a loud noise when the thing he was holding onto gave out but I don't think there was any gunfire in that scene until he fell and started shooting.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I tried guys, I really did.

Z Nation is just so loving bad that I can't even get through the first episode. I just started watching Forensic Files instead.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

spudsbuckley posted:

Z Nation is just so loving bad that I can't even get through the first episode. I just started watching Forensic Files instead.

The first episode of z Nation is pretty Bad but I promise it picks up after like episode 4 when they get their groove

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, guys, guys. You're all missing a HUGE plot point re: the deer.

It wasn't bad cgi, it was the Ghost of the deer from alllllllllll the way back in S2.

Rick was obsessed with bagging it so Carl can talk about the deer.

Sheesh. Are you people even WATCHING this show?!
I mean in all honesty, if Rick deflected his self-loathing for being unable to protect Coral and turned it into an intense hatred for deer, and went berserk every time he saw a deer... That'd be way more entertaining writing than zombies somehow trying to shoot rick while he climbs playground equipment to shoot a deer in a carnival - that really was some Land of the Dead/Z Nation level wacky.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

I can understand this, but the first episode is a pilot. Try at least a few episodes. I'm watching Humans and I got such a Westworld vibe I about gave it up, now I'm hooked.

e: Z-Nation is great.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Z-nation doesn't really hit its stride until somewhere around episode 5 or 6, and then it gets really drat fun.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just skip the parts with Citizen Z

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Z-Nation is great, give it a few episodes. You will actually start caring about them more then the dummies on TWD.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

For Z-Nation is there any harm in skipping the early poo poo ones? And if so, does anyone have a recommendation on which one to start with? (Even if it's like, season 2, that's cool.) I'd like to give it a chance, but I save all my turd-tolerance for this show, so.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

moths posted:

Z-nation doesn't really hit its stride until somewhere around episode 5 or 6, and then it gets really drat fun.
until you hit the groundhog day episode and go wow, that was pointless

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't believe in skipping any episodes of a show you're watching for the first time, unless it's a sitcom or something with no long-term plot to keep up with. I can't imagine suddenly caring for characters I have no idea about just jumping in on their story in the middle of it. The early episodes aren't amazing but they're still alright.

If you can't get through an entire season of a show, it's not for you. You don't have to force yourself to like a show just because goons say it's good. I've tried it before and it's a waste of time.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't believe in skipping any episodes of a show you're watching for the first time, unless it's a sitcom or something with no long-term plot to keep up with. I can't imagine suddenly caring for characters I have no idea about just jumping in on their story in the middle of it. The early episodes aren't amazing but they're still alright.

If you can't get through an entire season of a show, it's not for you. You don't have to force yourself to like a show just because goons say it's good. I've tried it before and it's a waste of time.
z nation is a sitcom and a romcom. except instead of going to starbucks and hanging out in overpriced lofts, joey is an old drug dealer and the dream girl hooked up with chandler first episode, and the only competent had to kill zombies until he got through a series of bad dates at survivalist outposts, and then he died and was replaced by a guy who wears shoes on his head and shoulders and has a name from call of duty.

If you want to hold TWD to a high standard and then back up z nation as anything but a family-guy roulette-wheel of "well let's do charley manson/jim jones this episode" "hey I really liked groundhog day!" "stoner demographic is huge these days" "also we need to have a couple of solid season-lasting relationships for the ladies - maybe an interracial one - maybe not for the whole season though on the white guy black guy thing because TWD just hooked up Rick and Michonne while we were filming".

Z Nation is great, but it's very much "hey I get that reference" or "hey this is really original to see someone keep dying and wake up over and over but eventually they get it right - for love!"

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 9, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm sorry maybe nobody else itt has been at a design meeting which involved throwing out lots of lovely ideas and writing them on whiteboards and then everybody cheers eventually over one or a few, because hey either it's group consensus, or everybody is just tired of wasting their time but they want to go back to their office and knock out their cgi deer for the week

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

coyo7e posted:

z nation is a sitcom and a romcom.
Z Nation is great, but it's very much "hey I get that reference" or "hey this is really original to see someone keep dying and wake up over and over but eventually they get it right - for love!"

I feel like we watched completely different shows, because while yes they do the latter stuff to some extent but there are actual long-term plotlines like the Citizen Z stuff, Lucy, murphy, red hand...it's not all jokes and references.

e: vvv I know all those words but they aren't making much sense the way you've arranged them. The only thing z nation has in common with friends/seinfeld is they both have jokes and there are romantic relationships that develop. So does the Walking Dead but it's not a sitcom.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 9, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
i mean if I really had to I bet I can find a wiki page which specifically lists at least 1/3 of the references in every episode of z nation and shows how they are largely decades old - and that doesn't even begin to add in my thesis that it's actually FRIENDS(seinfeld) where ten-thousand is slowly going to go insane for lack of being able to form a meaningful connection with another human in post-apocalypse because she's only got one eye or refuses to take off her combat gloves

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

coyo7e posted:

until you hit the groundhog day episode and go wow, that was pointless

Oh, god. Yeah that one can be safely skipped.

E: Although it's fun afterward, in a "how long will Andy Kaufman run with this gag" sort of way.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Walking Dead should do some kind of themed or special show like a Groundhog Day episode or the fly episode from Breaking Bad. I'm so sick of the rut they're in and I just want something different.

Do an episode where Carl plays every character.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The Eugene episode was kind of that.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

what's going on with the garbage people? are they from the comics and can someone spoiler what their deal is?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Couldn't even take the minutes to correct the color temperature or lighting on the composite. My favorite part was when the deer ran past the metal support, just ran straight over the top of it or through it or whatever.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

moist turtleneck posted:

The first episode of z Nation is pretty Bad but I promise it picks up after like episode 4 when they get their groove

Unless that NSA guy dies in episode 4 then your opinions are fake news.

He's the worse.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 9, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The NSA guy stops being a sadbrains at least later

I think he was featured more in the first episodes because he was probably the main demographic of the show originally--some skinny guy from high school with a broken dick

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

what's going on with the garbage people? are they from the comics and can someone spoiler what their deal is?

AMC is trying to be creative. The best they could up with is weird for the sake of weird.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

They are Alien infiltrators sent to monitor and uplift humanity now that society has collapsed. We're officially converging into the Sci-Fi elements, so prepare for things to get interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Then why do they need guns? Maybe they are testing us.