Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

gently caress the thunder gigas' turn one 6k aoe bullshit :gibs:

Zero chance in hell I'm ever clearing the CM without any BSBs, the total lack of dancers or summoners in II means I have to spend forever hoping Break works on the (absurd) trash and gently caress that

Got the monk motes, shattered 2 lifebanes, honed meltdown to R2 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Torment II CM is basically "do you have maria bsb y/n" since all three of them are earth weak. Non-CM it's fine though, no geosgaeno bullshit.

e: For those who have dragged their feet on d250 Gi Nattak, I'd like you to know that if you take too leisurely a time with the fight, the flames come back. Not gonna lie, I screamed.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 8, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So this is happening.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gigases are definitely no fun. No extra dose of magic mitigation? You probably won't make it past the Gigases' first turn.

I did finally manage to clear the FFV D250 dungeon without a native Wall, Tifa and her new BSB from the last VII Lucky pulled through. Every time someone recommends a mage team, my physical team is what helps me get a clear.

Gigases are a different story though. Tifa can mow through their health decently enough, but having to bring three other elements and magic mitigation makes building my team a bit tricky.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hogama posted:

So this is happening.

Probably as a result of that poll JP had for their 2nd anniversary about what villains they'd like to see playable

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Hogama posted:

So this is happening.

Yes yes yes, please let me field a team of the 4 fiends + golbez.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Hogama posted:

So this is happening.

This is cool. Better than most of the C-list side characters we could get.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Hogama posted:

So this is happening.

Looks fun. Any word on what relics/abilities he'll have? I can't imagine they'll let you abuse those annoying cloak hijinks from the boss battles.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Looks fun. Any word on what relics/abilities he'll have? I can't imagine they'll let you abuse those annoying cloak hijinks from the boss battles.

He'd be a great candidate for a runic relic.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Other than the cloak bullshit he's basically a magic spammer, right? It's already a mage heavy realm so maybe they'll make him a ninja/spellblade?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Other than the cloak bullshit he's basically a magic spammer, right? It's already a mage heavy realm so maybe they'll make him a ninja/spellblade?

I think spellblade is a good bet, since I don't think that realm has one at all.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
They should make him Monk/Ninja/Spellblade/Black Basically if it does fire damage he should be able to use it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Attestant posted:

This is cool. Better than most of the C-list side characters we could get.

i like to imagine they're deliberately avoiding bringing in the TAY stuff as long as they can

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the gigases died horrible deaths thanks to my three earth BSBs :rip:

it was also pretty fun playing with mage meta for a change

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So I've been ignoring the lv250 torment dungeons. I have pretty solid magic buffs, enough to meet the magic cap in almost every realm. What I'm lacking is damage. Outside of well honed summons and semi-well honed black magic I only have quistis's bsb to hit heavy and hard. I've been using rw's to offset the lack of damage once my hones are used up, but that can only take me so far.

I'm planning to do the new torment lv200 with a maria bsb rw, but the lv250 dungeon kinda intimidates me. It's not that I can't survive, I'm pretty drat sure I can. It's that there's no way I can do enough damage to get past all that health. I guess all I can do is spike as hard as I can, and then just keeping building sb guages to keep up my buffs/quistis' bsb.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Aw yeah! I've had Red XIII benched for quite some time and it made me sad because he's super awesome. Welcome back to the team! I immediately grabbed his MC3 and egged him to 99 as well as record dived a majority of his stuff so now he's got a significant ATK and MAG boost as well as Black Magic 5 access. Feels good to splurge on a favorite. :unsmith:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Brother Entropy posted:

i like to imagine they're deliberately avoiding bringing in the TAY stuff as long as they can

The previous FF4 event was TAY, with Ceodore as a character.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just want Golbez's TAY sprite

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zurai posted:

The previous FF4 event was TAY, with Ceodore as a character.

well then i like to imagine they're avoiding bringing in any more TAY stuff then :mad:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Holy poo poo, this month's torment trash hit hard as hell. This is kinda crazy, these guys hit the hardest yet. I might just forget doing hit and run, and just pack mako might instead.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The problem is that everything hits harder when your synergy sucks

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Brother Entropy posted:

well then i like to imagine they're avoiding bringing in any more TAY stuff then :mad:

I'm pretty sure they're committed to doing no more than 1 non-primary event for any given realm (X-2, TAY, Dirge of Cerberus, etc) for every few primary events for that realm. It's been like 2 years since the first Crisis Core event in Japan and they've done, at this point, a grand total of 2 Crisis Core events and 1 Dirge of Cerberus event, vs like 20 or 30 primary FF7 events.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I haven't even tried any torments. Rewards seem lame. Convince me otherwise.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Challenge I guess.

I tried the FF X 250 torment since that's one of my strongest realms and while I'm sure I have the stuff to do it I had so little fun slogging through the trash I gave up on the penultimate floor and haven't gone back since.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Pretty much challenge yeah. They're something to do when you've completed all the other content in the game and your only other option is auto battling the dailies for orbs.

The crystals are nice too.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

djfooboo posted:

I think this depends on your progress in the game. If you can clear every Nightmare Dungeon and weekly dungeons through U++, there's not much else to test your new and awesome Gatcha relics to their fullest than Torments. It took me a little over a month before I was able to do U++ in January and I can't say my interest would stay up without knowing a bigger and badder challenge is available down the road.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I love doing the torments but simultaneously hate how god drat long they take to do. So if I screw up my setup any I gotta do the whole thing all over again. I'd like a built in save feature for torments so you can get through the trash then save then come back later if I don't feel like doing it all at once.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

djfooboo posted:

The D250 drops 2 major orbs from a pair of types (only about 15% of the time, but using a simple tool you can tell when you'll get the drop and it's free to flee and retry until you get the orb you want). This is a rate of 30 stamina per major orb. Compare that to dailies having a rate of around 130 stamina/major orb equivalent, and even good orbfests with around 60 stam per major orb equivalent. If you want orbs, then torment dungeons are flat out the best use of your stamina to get them (though granted, hones are not as important as they used to be with BSB's now being the meta). Once we get the D300 they will drop 3 majors, so the rate will go down even further to 20 stam/major, and those will be even faster to farm (if you can at all).

Personally I like the combination of the above plus the challenge. Even with a team capable of farming them, you really have to pay attention to what you're doing and play efficiently. A couple of fuckups can end up with your party annihilated.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

I love doing the torments but simultaneously hate how god drat long they take to do. So if I screw up my setup any I gotta do the whole thing all over again. I'd like a built in save feature for torments so you can get through the trash then save then come back later if I don't feel like doing it all at once.

Uhhhh... they're called "torment" dungeons for multiple reasons. That's one of them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Uhhhh... they're called "torment" dungeons for multiple reasons. That's one of them.

They were called Nightmare in JP. Also it's more torment for the bosses. They beat you again and again but get their victories nullified by your S/Ling. Then the one time you win you get all the credit.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Yeah. There was a long period before Torment dungeons came out where it felt any decently long player could plow through the U++ content. It was getting boring.

Now there's a nice end game to look forward to again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I remembered the best reason to try torment dungeons. The job motes they give allow you to unlock more 6* abilities on people to either use or shatter for crystals to hone other stuff

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
If you haven't farmed any Black Crystals, when do we get to hone Meltdown?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I still wish they'd bring back Five Dooms and just stick it into the Torment or Nightmare tab. Have it work the same way - it's always accessible, but if you've done it already, you don't get to redo it.

It sucks rear end not being able to play around with all the cool six star abilities. I know they aren't necessary or anything, but they look cool and that's like 75% of the point of this game.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm getting that pulling itch - I know to wait but it's been so long since I've pulled.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm getting that pulling itch - I know to wait but it's been so long since I've pulled.

I think there's at least one lucky draw coming up pretty soon, and then a couple more ramping into the anniversary, but I can't quite remember the schedule. Plus I'm sure there will be some Orbfest stuff. These banners aren't really worth it unless you're seriously hurting for VII synergy or if it has a lot of stuff for your favorite characters.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

lol sheep song or miracle veil got bumped off the Ultros banner in favor of ONION SLICE

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Oh great, wiser rod again.

E: nm I guess only the top 3 make the banner?

acumen fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 9, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

son of a bitch I really wanted sheepsong too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
How does Cecil's burst keep showing up on these? You'd think you'd see it more often in multiplayer or on roaming warriors if it were that popular. I was really hoping it'd fall off on the global poll and maybe we'd get another healing BSB (I could really use one). Mostly though, I'm salty that Gilgamesh only placed 14th in the character poll. What are these casuals thinking.

• Locked thread