Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hunter is a guy who exchanged gunfire with his neighbors on at least one occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

Buying land next to Hunter's seems like a recipe for that exact scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I HEREBY RENAME THIS THREAD TO THE HUNTER S. THOMPSON LIQUOR AND MACHINEGUNS MEMORIAL, ALL IN FAVOR.....SAY DIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Pz0ACNUEg

Zeris or shim could you rename the thread please?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwkM7gpx5E&t=300s

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Peep the MG3 at 6:17

We were talking about this a while back, and this is the perfect example for the difference in rate of fire between the MG3 and MG42. There's still a distinguishable dakkadakkadakka with the former, while the latter is just BRRRRRAAAAPPPP

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MG42 is peak machine gun for me. The sound miniguns make is kind of clinical while the MG42 lets you know somebody is getting hosed up.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

It stands for "abrasion resistance." The hardness of the steel is listed as AR400, AR500, etc. The higher the number, the harder the steel. Generally for handguns AR500 is good enough, AR550 for most rifles. You want the bullet to shatter on impact, not have any energy absorbed by the target. The fragments spray off radially almost 90* out from the angle of impact...I think there's about a 20* or 30* window, though. AR400 or other, softer steels will flex enough that the bullet may not entirely shatter, and can send fragments toward the shooter or spectators on the line. Thickness also plays a role...seems like most of these targets are about 3/8" thick. If you go too thin, flexing is again a problem.

Edit: Steel core or penetrator ammo is a whole other can of worms.

Huh. At one of my first jobs as a drafter, part of my responsibility was programming the plasma burn table. We didn't cut AR500 more than a few times a month, but when we were running a lot of parts at once, the guy operating the table would ask me to add targets to the program. I mean, sure, why not. I had no idea I was saving(/making) him thousands of dollars over the course of my time there.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_av1zBdnxXY

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't know nothing about that walther, but I do know that some of those anschutz and walther thumb hole stocks are absolutely magical.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I hope if one good thing comes out of this crazy timeline the Hearing Protection Act or something similar passes. Gonna put cans on everything.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I hope if one good thing comes out of this crazy timeline the Hearing Protection Act or something similar passes. Gonna put cans on everything.

lol nope

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:sigh:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm already full up on cans anyways, so it's a moot point for me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Not in California :lol:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You'll never get rid of the ear tax, but binary triggers/arm braces are going to be common as dirt.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Not in California :lol:

Not staying in this state forever

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Removing suppressors from NFA would be cool but really I just want federally enacted CCW reciprocity. That's like one of the sole good things I see the GOP Congress doing in the next 4 years.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Maybe now I can stop spending stupid amounts of money on gun stuff. :suicide:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

Removing suppressors from NFA would be cool but really I just want federally enacted CCW reciprocity. That's like one of the sole good things I see the GOP Congress doing in the next 4 years.

:same:

But also being able to own a can and a flak jacket would be nice. I want New England to be 3 gun friendly.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Body armor isn't illegal (maybe under some wacky state law)?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah I found out that owning body armor is a felony in CT unless you're active law enforcement or military.

Still thinking of setting up an NFA trust beween me, my sister, and my dad spreading the legal question to three different states.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah I found out that owning body armor is a felony in CT unless you're active law enforcement or military.

Still thinking of setting up an NFA trust beween me, my sister, and my dad spreading the legal question to three different states.

What about armed guards/armored car?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Turns out I misread it, its only illegal to own if you have a felony, and illegal to buy unless it's a face to face transaction

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's still retarded, but par for course.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I want to buy a Thompson so I can get some wood furniture custom made with :Fear and Loathing in las vegas" on it in the stylized movie font and I can call it my "Hunter S Thompson Submachine Gun"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

a reminder that this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

I want to buy a Thompson so I can get some wood furniture custom made with :Fear and Loathing in las vegas" on it in the stylized movie font and I can call it my "Hunter S Thompson Submachine Gun"

the m1928 with a 50 round drum is a heavy fuckin pig

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

That would be pretty nice and cool.

:lol: I had forgotten that thing existed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

could be worse

could be two hi powers welded together

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
great now i'm going to have nightmares tonight

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

great now i'm going to have nightmares tonight

now imagine it with two magazines of amateur reloads with a mix of hot loads and bad primers

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

gently caress this is such a cool video and gun

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

gently caress this is such a cool video and gun

I had some weird future-guns compendium hard copy in the early 2000s that essentially masturbated over cool or unique gun/weapon concepts that either never happened, or faded away into obscurity, like the HK G11, that FLASH shoulder-mounted incendiary rocket launcher, recoil-less rifle mass-flechette rounds, and other stuff.

The WA2000 was in there because it was the first (or only?) rifle specifically designed from the ground up for long distance marksmanship, as opposed to being a regular rifle platform adapted to those purposes. It sounded cool as hell, and I realized I'd never actually seen it in action until this video.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, first BBQ of the season yesterday evening. Treated my Koreans to some Kjottbullar and spicy turkey hamburgers. The after party was special because I had never run into one of those Amazon Echo things. poo poo was cool and creepy at the same time. They had the thing wired into their entire apartment electronics.

Best part was that I could yell "ALEXA, PLAY FORTUNATE SON" over my Koreans, and their music choices were overridden every time because Alexa is racist and doesn't listen to Asians.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the m1928 with a 50 round drum is a heavy fuckin pig

Last year I shot a Thompson with a 30-round magazine and it was probably the most fun SMG I've fired. The .45 round has kick but the weight keeps it easily controllable, so it's got just enough recoil to keep it fun without making it dangerous to the people around you if you hold down the trigger. Stens and full size Uzis are so sedate that it's almost like cheating.

Also, the sister channel to Forgotten Weapons took advantage of having a WA 2000 to do a shootout with a Dragunov and see what was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgrVdNqfDfA

The WA 2000 is much easier to do the rapid fire challenges with because of its accuracy and ergonomics, but you really have to baby it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

could be worse

could be two hi powers welded together
Disparaging the works of His Holiness John Moses Browning?! Mods?!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I think he meant hi point maybe?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i was thinking hi point but still a double barreled hi power is an affront to god aka john moses browning

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

:catstare:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Your trespass was in error. Your sins are forgiven, my son.

e: wrong sinner!

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i am tired