Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

More Godzilla yeah. The only thing it might have in regards to Monsters is probably the looming threat of the Empire, and it's presence over beautiful things.

Like that drat wall over Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I still mix up Gareth Edwards and Gareth Evans and still get annoyed that the man who directed The Raid and The Raid II hasn't been tapped to direct one of these Star Wars Story movies. Rogue One owns though.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I wish Rogue One kept closer to its original protag's a terrorist plot but the one we got is good though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Same, the way the movie distances Jyn and the Rebellion from Saw/etc. felt half-baked and like they were just afraid to commit. It really stands out because there's other parts of the story intact where this is clearly what they were going for.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
http://space-ace.tumblr.com/post/157638113188/what-a-good-day-to-remember-that-jar-jar-binks-has

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Same, the way the movie distances Jyn and the Rebellion from Saw/etc. felt half-baked and like they were just afraid to commit. It really stands out because there's other parts of the story intact where this is clearly what they were going for.
Saw was right, but even as it is liberals were writing thinkpieces about how Jyn and the other rebels are too mean to the poor Empire so it might have been tough to sell going with him

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://www.facebook.com/starwarsthelastjediofficial/

^
Did y'all see this fake trailer (first post)? Fooled a couple rubes I know.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Saw was right, but even as it is liberals were writing thinkpieces about how Jyn and the other rebels are too mean to the poor Empire so it might have been tough to sell going with him

Do you have a link? I gotta see this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Real Name Grover posted:

^

lmao like Rian Johnson could make something so ugly.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

At least they made the Star Destroyers run on time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real Name Grover posted:

^

People are so goddamn stupid. It angers me.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

A Disney shareholders meeting has apparently revealed Luke's first words in TLJ.

Who are you?

I can't loving believe this! What the gently caress are they thinking? This is ridiculous.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

A Disney shareholders meeting has apparently revealed Luke's first words in TLJ.

Who are you?

I can't loving believe this! What the gently caress are they thinking? This is ridiculous.

Pretty good opening line.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, if it's been a decade+ since he's seen Rey, he might night recognize her on sight

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

Pretty good opening line.

I was loving around. It's a pretty calorie-free line that shouldn't make anyone disappointed or thrilled. It just is.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I bid you Dark Greetings

Fixed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just realized a Jedi could never get stranded on an island like Castaway.

You could just hover across the ocean, periodically pulling fish out of the water using the force. Why is this not canon

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I love jizz

fixed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I just realized a Jedi could never get stranded on an island like Castaway.

You could just hover across the ocean, periodically pulling fish out of the water using the force. Why is this not canon

The Old Jedi and the Sea

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I actually heard that the opening will be Luke, upon being confronted by Rei, staggers backwards in surprise and falls off the cliff to his death.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

The Old Jedi and the Sea

Follow me, Rey, and I will make you Force fishers of Men

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I actually heard that the opening will be Luke, upon being confronted by Rei, staggers backwards in surprise and falls off the cliff to his death.

Followed by the Seinfeld theme.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Followed by the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Did you know that proton energy cannot melt thermal exhaust ports?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The actual first line is "Why is this stupid helicopter circling us?"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Luke: "Wow, I haven't seen another person in years. You don't have a deathstick, do you?"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
"Yo, you my new dealer?"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

Followed by the Always Sunny theme and a title card called "Rey Kills The Last Jedi"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Luke goes "finally" and starts to disrobe.

In other news, JJ Abrams gifted this crypic artwork to John Boyega.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

"Yo, you my new dealer?"

Anything other than opening the movie with the loudest Krayt call you've ever heard is unacceptable.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"this lightsaber will make another fine addition to my collection"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
"You stored the weed in a lightsaber? Clever!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

New lightsaber. Who dis?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I for one hope he starts the movie by not recognizing Artoo or Threepio

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The MSJ posted:

Luke goes "finally" and starts to disrobe.

In other news, JJ Abrams gifted this crypic artwork to John Boyega.

Rian Johnson did, actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I heard the opening line is going to pay tribute to Starwars by having Luke yell "YOU BASTARD"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Luke's dialog is all lifted straight from Yogurt from Space Balls.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

"This will begin to make sense, right?"

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

ungulateman posted:

"this lightsaber will make another fine addition to my collection"

Can't leave out the coughing either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I know that even a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, when you have someone like Kylo Ren, I know that there is a lot of elitist Alliance reaction. Like here we see the limit of rebellion but in the wrong sense, in the sense that you see stupid ordinary people are seduced and so on and so on. You know, the Force is not only simple tricks and nonsense, it's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. And now I think the Republic at a very important moment, at the moment when the Force has been clouded by the Dark Side. Now these are moments which can be catastrophic. In such moments the Sith can take over, but this can be also moments when the Rebellion, or whatever would be the new Rebellion, provides a new answer. So my first reaction to the Resistance who claim you see the stupid Separatists, New Order or whatever are voting for Snoke, yes but it's your responsibility. One moment of truth in the New Order is that they nonetheless so clearly see that this Alliance to Restore the Republic no longer works.

My second point is that I never trusted this absolute obsession with Snoke. Oh now we should be all together just to stop Snoke, for this we sacrificed Saw Gerrera. This is how Leia got us. Leia is not just alien rights, a little bit more progressive, Leia is today the vote of the establishment. Leia is not only the voice of the liberal establishment, she's also the voice of let's call it Clone War establishment. Now in the last days there was some propaganda against Snoke saying oh but can we trust this guy? He will bring us into a new clone war. No, I'm much more afraid that Leia will do this. So again, in no way I am for Snoke.

Unfortunately, as much as of course Lor San Tekka was a fascinating personality and so on, I think that at the level of his ideas, his political practice, and I’m sorry if I offends some of my leftist friends with this, he should be forgotten as soon as possible. You know why? Because, again, I know what is to admire, heroic Rebellion stance, a Resistance resisting the New Order, and so on. But ask yourself sincerely, did Jakku produce anything new in the sense of a new model of social practice in economy, in culture, and so on and so on? When I visited Jakku a little bit over 10 years ago, what really depressed me was not scavengers and so on, even not quarter portions, but this general sense of stagnation.

I mean I find this a clear example of how a certain ethics, basically I think it’s ethics of don’t give in to your anger; don’t have a too passionate engagement. Control, control, you must learn control, and so on.

• Locked thread