Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

morallyobjected posted:

yeah but nobody plays Rocket League for the AI modes.

Right but it's there to fill in for casual play when people drop out. In Disc Jam in 2v2 the whole match ends if one person rage quits.

e: also online phobia is a very real thing. I've heard a lot of people say they won't play online unless they feel confident with maps/modes/skills/whatever

Not saying it's for everyone but people like a decent option for offline.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nier is so good, holy poo poo

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
How come a bunch of people in thread have mentioned things being on sale, all I see are COD titles on sale?

Also wasn't Amazon supposed to be doing that 20% off games for a week after release too? I could've sworn it was preorders + first week but I just went to buy nier and it's not on sale for me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually think it's two weeks and the price doesn't get reduced until you check out

edit: oh also you need to have amazon prime so that may be the problem you're encountering

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I do have prime. I'll get in touch with tech support tomorrow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Instant Grat posted:

Blanket statement: Boost Mode has the potential to increase performance for any game that isn't already specifically patched/optimized to take advantage of the PS4 Pro. It does this by clocking the CPU and GPU past what a normal PS4 runs at, nothing else. Boost Mode will not make any difference if the game is already running smoothly at its intended framerate in Base Mode. It doesn't change the graphical quality, increase the resolution, enable additional AA or anything else.

No poo poo. I'm asking if anyone knows if it specifically helps Deus Ex(which I've heard can have some framerate issues on PS4). It was in beta for months afterall.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kind of edging towards picking up a PS4 later this month after not having a console the past five years or so. So far I've got a lot of single player action or rpg stuff I want to pick up (FFX HD, FFXV, Nier: Automata, Bloodborne, Nioh, maybe the new ME), but I was wondering what some good local multiplayer games would be. Are there any good co-op games that are recommended, or stuff like fighting/racing games that are pretty easy to just pick up with a friend?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RatHat posted:

No poo poo. I'm asking if anyone knows if it specifically helps Deus Ex(which I've heard can have some framerate issues on PS4). It was in beta for months afterall.

It has a pro-specific patch so no it won't help

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a shame.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
okay I'm going to give one more minus to Disc Jam. it's still a good game, but being able to win unlocks you already have is dumb when you have to "buy" them with the in-game points.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm kind of edging towards picking up a PS4 later this month after not having a console the past five years or so. So far I've got a lot of single player action or rpg stuff I want to pick up (FFX HD, FFXV, Nier: Automata, Bloodborne, Nioh, maybe the new ME), but I was wondering what some good local multiplayer games would be. Are there any good co-op games that are recommended, or stuff like fighting/racing games that are pretty easy to just pick up with a friend?

Helldivers

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Towerfall: Ascension is a great co-op game with an entire co-op campaign not to mention a great vs mode. Simple controls, you have an arrow you can shoot and have to shoot bad guys.

I really enjoyed Overcooked, it's a game about cooking and made for a great co-op experience, all the way with 4 players.

Rocket League is a great couch multiplayer game, one of the few I can think of with actual split screen.

I also got some mileage out of Broforce, Rayman Legends, Helldivers, and Magicka.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's a game I always recommend when talking about couch co-op.

...and that's Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Overcooked is good too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I added a huge list of couch co-op games to OP

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
So can I buy no man's sky yet? It is cheap and seems so neat, if terribly flawed. Also note that I will not be a victim of hype letdown as I have only watched very negative reviews and still want to play with it....

And also I didn't know about it before it came out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nichol posted:

So can I buy no man's sky yet? It is cheap and seems so neat, if terribly flawed. Also note that I will not be a victim of hype letdown as I have only watched very negative reviews and still want to play with it....

And also I didn't know about it before it came out.
As ever, if knowing what you know about the game and you still find it appealing, you will more than likely enjoy it.

FalsePriest
Oct 20, 2010

"hi im pyle shittenhouse" *plop* *plop* *plop* "oops i have shit in your house lol"

Arist posted:

Nier is so good, holy poo poo

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can I check how much of a game is already downloaded through the site or app or w/e?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Horizon: Zero Dawn was real, real good y'all. I don't think they should make a sequel but I am now looking forward to the next Guerrilla Games joint. One of the top three PS4 exclusives

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For some reason as of the update today, in Japan there's no theme or avatar section in the store anymore, unless it's moved somewhere where I have no idea where it is. Are they still there in the US store?

edit: on the web interface they're still there.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

Things I got on my shopping cart right now:

Metal Slug Antology 7.99€
Duke Nukem 3D World tour 6.99€
Broforce 3.99€
Terraria 3.99€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY 14.99€
No Man's Sky 15.99€

All of these make up for 54€ (enough for the 10€ cash back in April). Any suggestions on what to add/remove? I kind of want to try MGSV: Ground Zeroes and is dirt cheap (3.99€).

Games I own (as guide) are Titanfall 2, Destiny, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, all Uncharted games, Doom...

This is late and i'm not sure if you bought them already but I while I love Metal Slug. The anthology has a very bad input lag. it's game breaking for me personally.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
System Software Update's out. Is this the Boost mode one?

EDIT: It is.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 9, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was testing it on Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, the only two games I have with any kind of performance problem really. It clearly improved both.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Boost Mode is cool, now add a "Run Pro-optimized games as base PS4"-toggle so Pro-owners can play Final Fantasy XV with a smooth framerate and without frame-pacing issues again

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cubicle gangster posted:

How come a bunch of people in thread have mentioned things being on sale, all I see are COD titles on sale?

Sale is in Europe.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was testing it on Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, the only two games I have with any kind of performance problem really. It clearly improved both.

Framerate or load time? People were saying it didn't fix Bloodborne at all...

Edit: amazon prime's amazing discount is only for physical copies, which is super lame.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Edit: amazon prime's amazing discount is only for physical copies, which is super lame.

They have warehouse space to clear

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wish i had no affinity for physical copies but i feel horribly cheated buying games digitally without heavy discounts.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ramagamma posted:

I wish i had no affinity for physical copies but i feel horribly cheated buying games digitally without heavy discounts.

This is exactly how I feel

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

Couldn't tell about load time but the frame rate sure seemed more stable to me. But it wasn't a blind test or anything so I can't say for sure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Horizon: Zero Dawn was real, real good y'all. I don't think they should make a sequel but I am now looking forward to the next Guerrilla Games joint. One of the top three PS4 exclusives

Oh Horizon is most def gonna get a sequel, see how easily you can put alternate text to the right of that colon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Horizon: One Dawn

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

^^^ gently caress YOU

Looking forward to Horizon: One Morning y'all, coming Q4 2019.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
No spoilers but did any of the words "horizon" "zero" or "dawn" end up meaning anything to the story?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

No spoilers but did any of the words "horizon" "zero" or "dawn" end up meaning anything to the story?

Horizon doesn't have any significance other than as a vaguely cool sounding franchise name but you will hear "Zero Dawn" approx 1000 times in the second half of the story.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It is a god drat tragedy that Nier came out when it did, because this game is fantastic and it deserves better than to get smashed by Horizon and Zelda in the collective gaming memory. The same can probably be said for Yakuza 0 I suppose.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

basically Horizon is just a TM anchor, the next game if there is another will have a different subtitle that will mean something in that game with Horizon being the brand name that ties them together. Bonus is it doesn't have to have anything to do with this game if they don't want it to.

Basically,

exquisite tea posted:

Oh Horizon is most def gonna get a sequel, see how easily you can put alternate text to the right of that colon.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Sefal posted:

This is exactly how I feel

I feel you both, I hate having to switch disks, I hate those cumbersome plastic boxes and having that loud fan noise whenever I pop a disk. And yet it stings to pay 60€ for a digital version of Horizon ZD I won't be able to resell.

Just let it go brain, that money is gone ! :retrogames:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I feel you both, I hate having to switch disks, I hate those cumbersome plastic boxes and having that loud fan noise whenever I pop a disk. And yet it stings to pay 60€ for a digital version of Horizon ZD I won't be able to resell.

Just let it go brain, that money is gone ! :retrogames:

I've never understood the switching discs arguement. For one i don't tend to switch games more than once in a gaming session.

Also i love plastic boxes. They make me feel like a magpie collecting shiny things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon doesn't have any significance other than as a vaguely cool sounding franchise name but you will hear "Zero Dawn" approx 1000 times in the second half of the story.

There was actually a name drop in the game, someone says: "On the Horizon is a New Dawn!" and I think I rolled my eyes at that