Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm embarrassed that an industry professional showed this at a conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat what's wrong with Guilty Gear

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Grapplejack posted:

I'm embarrassed that an industry professional showed this at a conference

It looks like that's from Robert Yang, who I am pretty sure doesn't give a poo poo whether you're embarrassed or not

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Owns.

precision posted:

someone should make a horizon gang tag

Aloy's Bad Boys

heh

That's perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yet another gaming person I've never heard of who has blocked me on twitter. :shrug:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

Yet another gaming person I've never heard of who has blocked me on twitter. :shrug:

I have no idea what you tweet but here

(what gets me about this slide is that it's not wrong)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Literally the only thing anyone would twitter block me over if they're not a really hardcore Trump supporter is gamergate poo poo. Pretty sure I got put on a GG blocklist back in the day. It's not like I go around @ing people and trying to pick fights, I mostly just tweet about whatever godawful procedural I'm currently watching.

That's a good slide tho.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

The Chapo Trap House hosts describe a failson as “twenty-six,” in Community College, and more interested “gaming and masturbating” than spending time with their family at Thanksgiving. Or, more compassionately as “nonessential human beings who do not fit into the market as consumers or producers or as laborers… Some of them turn into Nazis… Others become aware of the consequences of capitalism.”

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Literally the only thing anyone would twitter block me over if they're not a really hardcore Trump supporter is gamergate poo poo. Pretty sure I got put on a GG blocklist back in the day. It's not like I go around @ing people and trying to pick fights, I mostly just tweet about whatever godawful procedural I'm currently watching.

That's a good slide tho.

I'm having trouble parsing this, I'm probably just tired sorry, are you trying to say they blocked you because you're a hardcore trump supporter/gamergate supporter or because you're a hardcore antitrump/antigamergate person

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think it's pretty obvious lurdiak is anti both

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think you can end up on the GG blacklist if you talk about it at all, positive or negative, because some people just dont want it in their feeds

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

oddium posted:

Ye.

Quest For Glory II posted:

i think you can end up on the GG blacklist if you talk about it at all, positive or negative, because some people just dont want it in their feeds

I haven't tweeted about it since like December 2014. :/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah but I think the blocklist was probably started around that time. Which also shows how long this bullshit has been going on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

I thought so too but I just wanted clarification cause my brain's all fuzzy right now. Sorry. Not trying to be a burden on anybody :\

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I am playing Armed & Dangerous and you get a gun that shoots sharks

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought so too but I just wanted clarification cause my brain's all fuzzy right now. Sorry. Not trying to be a burden on anybody :\

FirstAidKite you are one of the best posters in the games chat thread and perhaps the entire games subforum, you are not a burden on anyone.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

FirstAidKite you are one of the best posters in the games chat thread and perhaps the entire games subforum, you are not a burden on anyone.

awww

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay I killed Star Destroyer Ansem. I can finally say goodbye to this dumb game.

FirstAidKite posted:

What don't you like about it? I thought it was fun.

In hindsight it wasn't too bad. Didn't care much for the heartless gauntlets near the end, though. Maybe I was just burnt out on it.

Also it's kinda bullshit that you fight Ansem once as a party, then there's a beat battle, and then you repeat the exact same first Ansem fight but solo this time.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 9, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Ahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahhahaa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
*pause to catch breath*

hahahahhaahahahaha

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite, it's true. You're a good person, and appreciated around here. Please keep posting as you do, it cheers up my day. :)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FAK at least admit that you have the best avatar

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My av is poo poo cause I forgot to edit the joestar mark to be on the correct side when I mirrored the image, tho that gets cancelled out by people who use the mobile app only seeing this part of my av

e: seriously though idk how some of you put up with me lol, all I do is show up and wish people a good day and disappear and sometimes post about games poo poo nobody else is talking about and otherwise just be sad and depressing lmao. Either that or just talking about dumb cosplay or anime poo poo like the dumb don't starve mod I wanted to make for KCB so she can play as the succubus in her av. You don't need to try to pat me on the back or anything cause I don't think I've done anything worth that kind of treatment, it's fine lol

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 9, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

How the heck did I never hear about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pybOtiV2ggI

That's what I knew it as for a long time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, that's the garbage-rear end sanitized version of Contra they got in Europe.

FAK you're good by me, sometimes just being positive and wishing people a good day is all they need.

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 9, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

My av is poo poo cause I forgot to edit the joestar mark to be on the correct side when I mirrored the image, tho that gets cancelled out by people who use the mobile app only seeing this part of my av

e: seriously though idk how some of you put up with me lol, all I do is show up and wish people a good day and disappear and sometimes post about games poo poo nobody else is talking about and otherwise just be sad and depressing lmao. Either that or just talking about dumb cosplay or anime poo poo like the dumb don't starve mod I wanted to make for KCB so she can play as the succubus in her av. You don't need to try to pat me on the back or anything cause I don't think I've done anything worth that kind of treatment, it's fine lol

Nah, you're pretty OK, which is the absolute best anyone can hope to be.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Joining in on the FirstAidKite Is Cool train, this forum needs more people who aren't miserable bitter assholes

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

FAK helped Lurdiak make a good post with good opinions.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I think it's important to bring up games that no one else is talking about - even if no one bites, it adds variety to the discussion and sometimes to funny posts. And best case scenario you let someone know that they should play this thing they've never heard of.

Speaking of, everyone in here has played Brigador, right? :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

Yeah, that's the garbage-rear end sanitized version of Contra they got in Europe.

I thought the robots were cooler to be honest. The worst change they made was making it so you didn't see the true final boss or a proper ending unless you beat it on hard. So like once for me.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CJacobs posted:

this forum needs more people who aren't miserable bitter assholes

fuk u games r poo poo

FAK, just take the compliment yo. Doesn't matter if you feel like you're worthy of it; if someone thinks you're cool, then you're cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mak0rz posted:

FAK at least admit that you have the best avatar

Whoa hold on

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite? That dude is okay with me. :hai:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

fuk u games r poo poo

FAK, just take the compliment yo. Doesn't matter if you feel like you're worthy of it; if someone thinks you're cool, then you're cool.

this is good advice

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FAK made the lovely evil games posters agree and be nice. Behold the power.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, what a ride. Took me 45 hours and this is the first time I've platted a game in quite a while. The funny thing is that I can't tell you any one specific thing where this game was groundbreaking or super amazing or anything. But as a whole it just pulled me in. I actually got quite interested in the story, and the only nagging thing was that there was probably a better way to convey a lot of that besides hunting for audio logs. When someone mentioned that they had brought in the writer from New Vegas and people from CD Projekt, it made perfect sense how this came together in such a strong way. Because this is basically Fallout except without the nostalgic kitsch (super welcome, in my eyes) and with actual good open world and combat gameplay. Also,

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/837735925417390085

Now time to play RE7 while I wait for Nier to come in

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ok inspired by esteemed forums poster and mod VideoGames I've decided to just tackle my backlog by going through whichever games I haven't really played and give them a six-hour or so fair shake. If I like them, I'll keep playing. If I don't, I'll quit.

Here's the list if anyone cares:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PdVsLFhM1Wy6cKGSQjAMBrAvCEHI36S-bGTmZ0UQqAk/edit?usp=sharing

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

ok inspired by esteemed forums poster and mod VideoGames I've decided to just tackle my backlog by going through whichever games I haven't really played and give them a six-hour or so fair shake. If I like them, I'll keep playing. If I don't, I'll quit.

Here's the list if anyone cares:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PdVsLFhM1Wy6cKGSQjAMBrAvCEHI36S-bGTmZ0UQqAk/edit?usp=sharing

beep boop have some opinions

Banner Saga: it has a third and final installment coming out, if you need an excuse to put them off, wait until it's out.
Transistor: Forget Bastion, treat this as a strategy game instead of a click 'em up action game. Also the story is very love it or hate it material.
System Shock 2: a good time, have fun!
Thief 1: you might wanna watch an LP of this and jump to Thief 2 instead. It's got some pretty terrible levels in it - and a few good ones, but yeah. The plot is still good though.
World of Goo: this one is good and relatively short! Especially compared to the entire Witcher trilogy, which will occupy you for the next year if you love it enough to go through all three of them. (if you don't dig Witcher 1 or 2, just jump to 3, it's good)

Also for some of them - World of Goo, Osmos - I'd advise using them as breaks inbetween other games instead of trying to blitz them all at once. At least that's how I do it, because doing a puzzle game in one sitting is too much for me.

Anyways, have fun! I'm genuinely jealous that you're playing some of these for the first time. :D

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

StrixNebulosa posted:

beep boop have some opinions

Banner Saga: it has a third and final installment coming out, if you need an excuse to put them off, wait until it's out.
Transistor: Forget Bastion, treat this as a strategy game instead of a click 'em up action game. Also the story is very love it or hate it material.
System Shock 2: a good time, have fun!
Thief 1: you might wanna watch an LP of this and jump to Thief 2 instead. It's got some pretty terrible levels in it - and a few good ones, but yeah. The plot is still good though.
World of Goo: this one is good and relatively short! Especially compared to the entire Witcher trilogy, which will occupy you for the next year if you love it enough to go through all three of them. (if you don't dig Witcher 1 or 2, just jump to 3, it's good)

Also for some of them - World of Goo, Osmos - I'd advise using them as breaks inbetween other games instead of trying to blitz them all at once. At least that's how I do it, because doing a puzzle game in one sitting is too much for me.

Anyways, have fun! I'm genuinely jealous that you're playing some of these for the first time. :D

Yeah I forgot to mention that my girlfriend's library is something I'll do after I'm done my own. Games like Banner Saga, Witcher 3, and Deus Ex will come later. My computer can't really play Witcher 3 but I put it on the list anywho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gone Home is about two hours long for a first playthrough and is really really good.

• Locked thread