Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Ya no poo poo. Is that the actual voice actress, or am I oblivious to a voice over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nate was never recruited at all!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
A podcast I listen to had one dream for Legends of Tomorrow when it started. "Wentworth Miller riding a dinosaur."

I left it on after Flash and it seems they ended up in a time period where that would be possible but Captain Cold isn't on the show anymore for some reason. Sad!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Sara is going to make out with the ship?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Sara no you can't gently caress the ship.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How can you date a ship anyway? It'd be like me dating a really fat lady. And living inside her. And she'd be all like-- *woooosh*

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
This is somehow even more awkward than the pilot in the Mass Effect games dating his spaceship.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
But yay! Rip's back!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

uh oh the ship's horny now

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

FELD1 posted:

This is somehow even more awkward than the pilot in the Mass Effect games dating his spaceship.

I think it's because Rip had a wife and child

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

that's not Kevin Bacon!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Slandible posted:

Ya no poo poo. Is that the actual voice actress, or am I oblivious to a voice over?
Yeah that's the actual voice actress playing the role.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Yeah that's the actual voice actress playing the role.

I've said for a while now that it was only a matter of time before they just caved and had Amy Pemberton appear on camera in some capacity. Nice to see it finally happened :allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly with all the future tech the ship has, I feel like there's a perfect excuse to just give Gideon a robot body and upload the A.I. into it. Gideon is as much a character on this show as the others, I feel like they could just bring her on physically as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FELD1 posted:

Don't gently caress the spaceship Rip

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

Honestly with all the future tech the ship has, I feel like there's a perfect excuse to just give Gideon a robot body and upload the A.I. into it. Gideon is as much a character on this show as the others, I feel like they could just bring her on physically as well.

So, Andromeda?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also can we change the thread title to "I'm gonna kick my own rear end" ?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

lotus circle posted:

She really should have done the intro narration for this episode

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Also can we change the thread title to "I'm gonna kick my own rear end" ?

That's probably not the only thing she wanted to do.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sara Lance. The only woman she couldn't seduce was the bizarro version of herself.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Um...Did they really just have Swigert say "I just want to be on that shuttle" at the end there?

Even on this show, could they have really made that big of a mistake?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

So, Andromeda?

Avatar Gideon arguing with ship Gideon would be pretty good.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Longbaugh01 posted:

Um...Did they really just have Swigert say "I just want to be on that shuttle" at the end there?

Even on this show, could they have really made that big of a mistake?

ya, I was scratching my head at that.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Klungar posted:

This isn't Inception at all, no sir.

You're right, it's The Cell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Avatar Gideon arguing with ship Gideon would be pretty good.

Andromeda the show did a lot of things hilariously wrong (mostly thanks to Kevin Sorbo), but Rommie wasn't one of them. I'd be down with Gideon getting an android body in season 3.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

So, Andromeda?

No, she's on Arrow, now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If The Arrangement makes it. She's on that.

Watch the pilot... it's Entourage meets Scientology by the CW. But not by the CW

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Evil Mick!? I guess that's just regular Mick but still.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

No, she's on Arrow, now.

See, it's canon!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mooseontheloose posted:

But yay! Rip's back!

Yay? :crossarms:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Evil Rip was fantastic. Unless they write him very differently than they did in the first season, Regular Rip is gonna be a huge step down.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Evil Rip was fantastic. Unless they write him very differently than they did in the first season, Regular Rip is gonna be a huge step down.

Rip was hands-down the worst part of seasons 1. Yes, even worse than the bird-lovers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well he's probably over his dead family now that he has a digital girlfriend to try and find a body for.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
When they called him captain at first I was like nooo, then a moment later he's like capt- mister hunter. hopefully he's not captain.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

MiddleOne posted:

Rip was hands-down the worst part of seasons 1. Yes, even worse than the bird-lovers.

Season One was this fascinating character of study of a man coming to grips with loss...written by a bunch of ham fisted monkeys. In the season 2 premiere Rip had this great swagger going, maybe they can get back to that.

I like Darvill as an actor, so I hope he sticks around, but with Sarah as the leader, Ray and Stein as the science guys, Nate as the history guy, Jax as the ship guy and Mick as...Mick, he's kind of superfluous.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

howe_sam posted:

I like Darvill as an actor, so I hope he sticks around, but with Sarah as the leader, Ray and Stein as the science guys, Nate as the history guy, Jax as the ship guy and Mick as...Mick, he's kind of superfluous.

What would Rip be, then? The guy who has sex with the ship?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

Mick is the actually competent one who steps up to save everyone when they inevitably gently caress up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ApeHawk posted:

What would Rip be, then?

Right, that's my point, the team doesn't need Rip. I mean I suppose he could be the temporal mechanics guy, but that would require the show to have consistent temporal mechanics

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ApeHawk posted:

What would Rip be, then? The guy who has sex with the ship?

Yes. Every time they go on a mission, Rip just stays behind and fucks the ship. He starts going to the gym and ditches the gross old duster for better clothes, buys a motorcycle, etc. Basically Rip's story arc this season should be a middle aged guy who gets a divorce and immediately starts dating a younger woman. Only the woman is a time ship that he lives inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Is anyone going to tell/ask Rip about future Barry's warning, or has everyone forgotten about that?

And by "everyone" I mean the writers.

• Locked thread