Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i love diners,dine ins and dives. Every single lovely place he goes to he LOVES it's hilarious and i've never heard him make a negative comment on that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

hemale in pain posted:

i love diners,dine ins and dives. Every single lovely place he goes to he LOVES it's hilarious and i've never heard him make a negative comment on that show.

He needs to hit a real dive: LIke a poorly-run major fast food chain place. Go out and chat up the customers.

"So, you seem to have got the value meal there. What brings you back here all the time?"
"Man, I don't know! I'm hungry, I'm in a hurry and I have the vague hope that this will be the ONE time they don't **** my order somehow and the place is not a ******* wreck!"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'd love to see a bloopers version of Triple D, with all the places the crew goes to that are too lovely even for that show.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

ScrubLeague posted:

I'd love to see a bloopers version of Triple D, with all the places the crew goes to that are too lovely even for that show.

"Man, you guys seem so busy in the kitchen. How do you even find time to go the restroom?"
"I just use the drain on the floor."
"Haha!"
"Yeah, watch..."
*proceeds to unzip and piss into drain on floor*

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

priznat posted:

Been watching Jaboody dubs and dyin.

That is good poo poo. And I've only been watching the Guy Fieri and the commercials so far. gently caress yes sticky roller!

The ones where they watch worldstar and other videos are really good too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, they don't actually go to places that are supremely lovely, since everything is vetted months before they even break out the cameras.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Well yeah I'd like to hear from the scout team I guess.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"Well, we had to use a little of our production reverse-logic on this place. We all thought it was barf-city, but we knew Guy would slurp this garbage up like manna from flavor-heaven."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even the places they do go are horrific though. I fell asleep last night watching those Guy Fieri videos at my desk.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

PostNouveau posted:

Why is Guy Fieri so loving red? What the gently caress is wrong with him he looks normal in the B roll before the show starts.

it's like with mike only food and not alcohol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Whorelord posted:

it's like with mike only food and not alcohol

So Rich Evans

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I watched prereq play 1-2-switch. Nintendo bring shame on their ancestors 1) charging money for that 2) having it in their miserable excuse for a launch lineup

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

I watched prereq play 1-2-switch. Nintendo bring shame on their ancestors 1) charging money for that 2) having it in their miserable excuse for a launch lineup

never forget

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Berious posted:

Yeah it's the kinda shovelware crap that used to come free with controllers.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i dont know. i think the last game that gave me probably years of entertainment was the lovely 9 hole golf game that came with the nintendo wii. i would get drunk with my roommate and play that for hours. played it so much that i shot 11under one time. thanks for reading my years past lets play.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

The only part of that show I really remember is the peanut butter burger. He took a bite out of it, got this real sad look on his face and just said, "I want to go home."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i dont know. i think the last game that gave me probably years of entertainment was the lovely 9 hole golf game that came with the nintendo wii. i would get drunk with my roommate and play that for hours. played it so much that i shot 11under one time. thanks for reading my years past lets play.

this is a nice story i liked my room mates too :unsmith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Video games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyazM83nHfs

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vin played a RLM game last week and it looked atrocious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdhY3ydMCFE&t=2077s
(time-stamped)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Rewatching Hellraiser. They definitely need a ReView on this, so Jay can go into extensive detail about the sexual imagery regarding the mattress in the stairwell part.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those cenobites talk a big game about pain and stuff, but all they do is pull a dude apart with chains a couple times. How about some creativity?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

bring back old gbs posted:

this is a nice story i liked my room mates too :unsmith:

thank you. you are so kind

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just remembered this is a real thing that is happening.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gotta strike while the iron is room temperature.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Entropic posted:

I just remembered this is a real thing that is happening.

Those dates have been pushed back multiple times.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It is kind of weird that Avatar was so huge when it came out, but there's really no one who gives a poo poo about it now. How does a movie make two-point-something billion dollars and 8 years later no one really remembers anything about it and it has no lasting fanbase whatsoever? Was it all just the 3D Hype? What I remember from the time is people who saw it telling me it looked amazing and you had to go see it "for the experience" but no one even then really had anything good to say about the story or characters. And nowadays even well-done 3D is mostly regarded as tiresome.

Doing a sequel would be predictable and fine and people would probably give the benefit of the doubt, hey, maybe it could be good... But the sheer hubris of announcing that you're doing four of them is fantastic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

It is kind of weird that Avatar was so huge when it came out, but there's really no one who gives a poo poo about it now. How does a movie make two-point-something billion dollars and 8 years later no one really remembers anything about it and it has no lasting fanbase whatsoever? Was it all just the 3D Hype? What I remember from the time is people who saw it telling me it looked amazing and you had to go see it "for the experience" but no one even then really had anything good to say about the story or characters. And nowadays even well-done 3D is mostly regarded as tiresome.

Doing a sequel would be predictable and fine and people would probably give the benefit of the doubt, hey, maybe it could be good... But the sheer hubris of announcing that you're doing four of them is fantastic.

The 3D in Avatar was loving amazing, and nothing you're watching these days comes close to it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

PostNouveau posted:

The 3D in Avatar was loving amazing, and nothing you're watching these days comes close to it.

You say that and I watched it in ~3-D~ in the theater and I don't remember much of anything besides the blue version of Ripley's smirk

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Entropic posted:

It was just an sfxtravaganza with competent actors. There was nothing memorable about the story or the characters. Unobtanium tells you how serious they took the plot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

You say that and I watched it in ~3-D~ in the theater and I don't remember much of anything besides the blue version of Ripley's smirk

I dunno maybe I had the right mix of Dolby Digital AFterburner 3D or whatever, but it was goddamn incredible at the Imax I saw it at. Every other 3D has just seemed half-assed after that.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I remember them giving Weaver a CGI rear end since her normal one is way too wrinkly and poo poo.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
How are those things still in pre-production? Weren't they announced like 10 god drat years ago?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

How are those things still in pre-production? Weren't they announced like 10 god drat years ago?

WampaLord posted:

Those dates have been pushed back multiple times.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The best use of 3D was Jackass 3D which used the avatar cameras but in practical and creative ways.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Avatar was ok... It had mechs but was too tame imo. Either go all out with the violence or don't make it focused on violence with huge giant mechs with huge giant mech guns

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Zzulu posted:

Avatar was ok... It had mechs but was too tame imo. Either go all out with the violence or don't make it focused on violence with huge giant mechs with huge giant mech guns

ok I remember another thing, the giant mech with the giant knife

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah, it's like, why include a mech with a mech-knife if you can't show him cutting folk in half with it? Like cmon son

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Chekov's giant mecha knife

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I watched avatar in the theatre in 3D and it gave me a big ol headache. after an hour I just had to look through one eye at a time to keep from throwing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Avatar was a really bad and forgettable movie with cool looking graphics

• Locked thread