Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

The_Rob posted:

I want to like Patrick Clarks gimmick but I feel like there is no commitment from him. It doesn't seem like he believes anything he is doing. He is just being generic flamboyant guy. Even his tights are just black. Dude needs something a bit more.

A match with Darren Young who beats the gimmick out of him and tells him to take this queer-baiting, dead-rear end prince, lisping horseshit back to middle school .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

A match with Darren Young who beats the gimmick out of him and tells him to take this queer-baiting, dead-rear end prince, lisping horseshit back to middle school .

With Goldust as guest referee.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This episode will be worth it for Nak kicking off TJP's head

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And we'll definitely need a gif of Nak dabbing.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Really hope End debuts on Takeover.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 9, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Peyton and Billie winning break out star fan awards just indicates how few people are watching NXT

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFhX2e5UEk4

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm glad they didn't throw away the Ascension's old gimmick but all the same, I brace myself whenever it comes time for an indie dude to cut a promo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tommy is fine on the mic, he doesn't even have much of an accent

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kairi Hojo of Stardom has agreed to a three-year contract with WWE per the Observer.

Io Shirai maybe WWE bound too Meltzer doesn't make that super clear.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Kairi Hojo of Stardom has agreed to a three-year contract with WWE per the Observer.

Io Shirai maybe WWE bound too Meltzer doesn't make that super clear.

Wasn't the speculation that Shirai was definitely signing and Hojo was on the fence? Maybe I'm getting mixed up but I definitely remember it being that way round.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no shirai told stardom she was saying and stardom feels kairi misled them about whether she would be

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't get where they're taking the Billie Kay injury thing.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Basic Chunnel posted:

Peyton and Billie winning break out star fan awards just indicates how few people are watching NXT

They campaigned, and then won. Nobody else did videos and stuff to try and get people to vote for them.

keevo posted:

Maybe it was legit in some form, more likely Ember is going towards a title shot and they were selling the hell out of the Eclipse. Which is insane, as it's her most over thing by far, everyone already believes it as a definite win.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Tommy is fine on the mic, he doesn't even have much of an accent

Honestly I'd say he is pretty drat good on the mic. He has a very natural way of speaking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bobby Roode has a framed photo of himself in his robe with the belt on his cabinet :allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

keevo posted:

i kept thinking peyton was gonna turn on her for not winning for them or something, i dunno, just kinda did... nothing.

that crowd though, hoo boy. i assume next week was taped at the same show. maybe they'll liven up a little more if there's not half un-matches (and almas beating up the tinyboy from hong kong) but that's the least-engaged nxt crowd i've ever seen.

i checked out a little after takeover, aside from watching a few clips, it looks like ember moon has a few more spots besides a sick-rear end finisher, which is nice, and i like that ddt that almas did, even if it doesn't really play to his strengths. still looked awesome. chrissius hono and bobby roode oughta be good, i guess. i mean, bobby roode is good enough for a really good wrestler to make a fine match? whatever.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Yeah this NXT crowd is loving terrible. How many episodes are we getting them for?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

keevo posted:

Yeah this NXT crowd is loving terrible. How many episodes are we getting them for?

i hope its not for more than one more week, trying to build to takeover with a crowd that feels like it's as papered as an average impact taping is gonna be ROUGH.

i think it'll be only one more week though, they brought out about half the talent that'd be marketable at this show, next week is gonna be ohno/roode, diy will probably be in it, maybe asuka mercing some jobber lady, and, uhhh, the drifter and oney lorcan, i dunno, i don't read spoilers.

if i were to guess for the takeover main event, since they were stressing nakamura's rematch tonight, ohno wins next week, two weeks of tapings set up nakamura and roode both wanting their rematch at takeover, REEEEEGAALL, triple threat at takeover, one of roode or ohno wins so shinsuke can finally go to the main roster.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think WWE must have a contract to shoot at this area during WM season and they shouldn't reup because no one goes to these shows and more often than not the crowd is bad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

keevo posted:

If it wasn't a legit injury, it was a refreshing change to how matches usually end. With the winner on the ramp and the loser in the ring acting all salty.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Looks like they're going full Gaahl with Tommy End, which is going to be fun.

keevo posted:

"If she hits Asuka with this, she'll be champion! Also we forgot to build her properly so here's a shortcut."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The only redeeming thing about filming there last time was the giant fat man, is he not there?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Oh my God, the giant fat guy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/840019570400346113 https://twitter.com/WWEEmberMoon/status/840044643974807553 https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/840047032169615360

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is this a shoot?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you really asking?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I can't believe Regal is going to ban the Brogue Kick

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

Looks like they're going full Gaahl with Tommy End, which is going to be fun.

Can't wait for the segment where he imprisons and tortures Dan Matha.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lol, did bacne jones ever come back after joe beat the hell out of him?

being the guy every debuting indy star beats up would be one of the better uses theyve gotten out of performance center guys recently.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/840342441333010432

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/840376152451620864

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Chris Hero and Tommy End reprised their indie tag team in Dayton, FL tonight. https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/840409647710380033

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
The best way to use Shirai, Hojo, Evie and Nixon is to have Ember Moon destroy them in squash matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

The best way to use Shirai, Hojo, Evie and Nixon is to have Ember Moon destroy them in squash matches.

You think it will be a 32 Woman tournament?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

You think it will be a 32 Woman tournament?

With all the recent signings and the rumoured signings, they could almost have a 32 woman tournament of only in-house wrestlers:

these are the signed girls already in Orlando

Asuka
Ember Moon
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Aliyah
Liv Morgan
Nikki Cross
Kimber Lee
Heidi Lovelace
Mandy Rose
Daria Berenato
Bianca Blair
Macey Estrella
Sarah Bridges
Danielle Kamela
Andrea (Rosie Lottalove)
Taynara Melo
Victoria Gonzalez
Zhao Xia
Julie Ho

+ these are reporting to Orlando soon
Evie
Kairi Hojo
Nixon Newell
Demi Bennett
Isabel Lahela

+ rumoured signings
Zeuixs
Shazza McKenzie
Scarlett Bordeaux
Deonna Purrazzo
Toni Storm
Io Shirai
Nicole Savoy

+ girls they are known to be keeping an eye on
Rachael Ellering
Tessa Blanchard

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I must have missed Evie being signed, sweet!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Scarlett just moved to Vegas, I don't think she's getting signed

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Io is also not leaving Stardom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Io is also not leaving Stardom.

Based on what? She's coming to Orlando during WM so I'd have to say she's at least seriously considering the offer.

The list isn't mine BTW, just one I found. You can probably add Mia Yim to it somewhere as well.

• Locked thread