Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've never played metal slug, is it worth getting at 7€ for some couch MP with a buddy?

Also, any info about that snipperclips+joycon bundle in Europe? Supposedly it comes out tomorrow right? I can't find much about it and I've been avoiding snipperclips to get it with an extra pair of controllers, but if it's not that much cheaper I might just get it now.

-
I really like the switch but the wifi issue is killing me. I've tried every config on my router and no luck. I'm considering getting a better router but that's not an assurance that the switch will reach it. If it weren't for that very important problem I'd be 100% happy with how the switch works and feels (other than the lack of games, but that's the price to pay for early adopters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I have ubiquiti gear and the switch has zero issues. Same thing with the fios router my mom has

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ChocNitty posted:

My XB1 and PS4 get the most use at home. The Switch is primarily my handheld gaming device, and my travel console. I take uber, bus, and train rides, and stay in motels and visit family out of state pretty often, so thats when the Switch gets to shine.

It's frustrating for me because I'd love to use Switch on public transit but it's so overcrowded that it's not realistic. The only moment of solace is when I get on this, but that's only for 12 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chc_QjEZJbw

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's definitely viable for aeroplane usage, provided the battery will last. That being said, many planes have power sockets so it's a moot point. Trains and buses probably much less so.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The battery life on the switch is pretty long if you aren't playing something intensive like Zelda.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/839561498624143362

So that's kind of weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Probably had to submit the game for approval before it went up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hace posted:

The Warriors spinoff game is Fall and will probably be bad, because all of those are bad
:yikes:

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Miyamoto trolling new generation of Nintendo developers:

quote:

While there were other things in the world, Miyamoto couldn't stop climbing trees. "When we first presented this to Mr. Miyamoto, he spent about an hour just climbing trees," Fujibayashi added. While they left goodies for him to find in other parts of the area, "he just kept climbing trees. Up and down."

Fujibayashi eventually asked him if he wanted to explore some of the other content, but just continued climbing. After exiting the Shrine of Resurrection, the director said Miyamoto "spent an hour just within a 25-50 meter radius outside of that cave just climbing trees."

Spellman
May 31, 2011

He's an old man, climbing trees is like the height of excitement for him

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

honestly those trees are a drat good climb. very satisfying.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I wonder if they only got pro controllers to test with late in the Dev cycle or something

Spellman
May 31, 2011

One thing people don't ever mention: syncing the controllers is really easy, and it's easy to change controller styles on the fly.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
What are the opinions on snipperclips. My Switch is still on its odyssey to get to me so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Pre launch hype seems to have fizzled. Is this because the game isn't that good or that Zelda has exceeded any and all expectations and has taken over everyone's life?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I bought Snipperclips but haven't had a chance to play it yet because I'm enjoying BOTW so much.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady Videogames and I keep having little snipperclips marathons.
It's a wonderful little multiplayer game and a real joy! Lot of laughing and sabotage takes place.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have a lot of fun with Snipperclips but on weekdays when there is less free time available Zelda is higher priority.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Not as weird as making grenades have limited ammo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

amotea posted:

Same but mountains

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

amotea posted:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Same but mountains

Why not both?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I've spent a couple of days with the Switch now, and have some of observations:

Joy-cons - The left controller is indeed a steaming pile of turd. My TV unit isn't really a TV unit per se, so the only space I had to put the dock was behind the TV itself. Sitting 6-8 feet away, it would be okay for 90% of the time but input lag was noticeable. Much further away than that the controller would periodically stop responding to inputs. I moved the dock onto the floor next to the TV unit so that I had line of sight and that seemed to put things into the 10-12 foot range before it started misbehaving.

Dock - As far as the dock goes, mine does appear to be warped but I've never felt like it was an issue - are people slamming their switch into the dock or something? It is a complete piece of poo poo though. They could have maybe put some weights in it to make it feel a bit more sturdy. I'll probably buy a nicer looking 3rd party dock when that becomes a thing.

WiFi - After reading a lot of issues in the thread I expected this to be a bit of a dumpster fire since I live in an apartment with 20+ intersecting networks. The switch played really nicely with my UniFi access point - eshop was downloading in a flash no matter what room I was using it in

On the whole I loving love this thing. Although the Joy-con issue is a bit annoying, it's not a dealbreaker - though it would be nice to see nintendo address this and maybe offer a replacement controller since it's an obvious hardware issue.

Zelda is fun and good, and you should play it. Right now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Switch + Zelda breakin' records in the merry old land of Oz as well :toot:

quote:

We can confirm that, across Australia and New Zealand combined, Nintendo Switch sold more in its launch weekend than any other Nintendo hardware in history.

Launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has not only been bestowed with some of the highest review scores in gaming history, in Australia and New Zealand combined its had the best launch weekend sales in the Zelda series 30-year history. Not only that, its the biggest-selling Nintendo hardware launch title ever in this region, even outselling Wii Sports previously the biggest-selling Nintendo launch title ever in this region in terms of first weekend sales.

And all this in March, traditionally a quiet time for the games industry.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Linx posted:

WiFi - After reading a lot of issues in the thread I expected this to be a bit of a dumpster fire since I live in an apartment with 20+ intersecting networks. The switch played really nicely with my UniFi access point - eshop was downloading in a flash no matter what room I was using it in

I hate reading this because I'm still not sure if I should try and get mine replaced, or if it's a general issue with switches and I need to do some weird poo poo to get better wifi reception on my living room.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I hate reading this because I'm still not sure if I should try and get mine replaced, or if it's a general issue with switches and I need to do some weird poo poo to get better wifi reception on my living room.

The only thing I could suggest is taking it round to a friends and testing the WiFi there? Also Nintendo you should be ashamed, it's 2017 and I still can't connect your devices to an enterprise network

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gotta love CNET...

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-faq-beginner-guide-issues-games-apps-usb-c-charging/

quote:

What is the Nintendo Switch?

It's Nintendo's new Wii and Game Boy merged into one .

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want Nintendo to release an Animal Crossing Switch with two themes. One that uses the really cute stamp motiff from the AC 3DS, and an Isabelle version, that has the green plaid design on the back and Joy Cons where Isabelle is making an L shape and an R shape.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone else's joycons a bit wiggly in handheld mode? I noticed a very slight shifting in mine, did some poking and it turns out the bottom of the plastic rail on my left joycon wiggles a bit. It's very slight but if I'm shifting the console in my hands I can sometimes feel it and it makes a slight creaking. The right joycon also wiggles but it's barely noticeable unless I'm actively trying to detect it.

Is this normal? Did I loosen it? I've held the Switch in one hand now and then when checking my phone or having a drink, but I don't think I was putting too much pressure on that joycon.

Omg I was typing my post about this exact thing :argh:

You described exactly what happens to the joycons if you put the wrist strap on backwards. Hard to believe but yeah this really is what happens. There should be two little nubs that keep the joycon from wobbling. Putting on he wrist strap backwards will shear away those nubs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man that whole article is just CNET sneak-dissin Nintendo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Who even uses Cnet

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cnet is the new Gamexplain around here

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

My mother said cnet was an unspeakable word

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Republicans posted:

Not as weird as making grenades have limited ammo.

Waaaht? I have fond childhood memories of using my NES Max to turbo fire those things everywhere.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

It's definitely viable for aeroplane usage, provided the battery will last. That being said, many planes have power sockets so it's a moot point. Trains and buses probably much less so.

Trains and buses have power sockets so it's a moot point

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did anybody make cnetkickstand.gif?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bomberman 64 is releasing on the Wii U VC today, if anyone wants to spring for that instead of Super Bomberman R

(I'll get both eventually)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

cnetkickstand.gif?

http://i.imgur.com/q7jma8G.mp4

Spellman
May 31, 2011

button button joystick, button joystick button joystick

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
If only it were in black and white, it'd be straight out of an infomercial.

To anyone who owns a switch: have you had buyers remorse at all?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Hamshot posted:

Nope. Probably once Zelda is all played out and there's no more games for a while though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Hamshot posted:

I'm having a little buyer's remorse that I bought any other games besides Breath of the Wild. My poor, poor Snipperclips has been played for all of mayyyyybe 40 minutes compared to like 40 hours of BotW.

• Locked thread