Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
what is that a chinese myth dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

A hallucination. Is there an ocarina in this game?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Played for easily over 35 hours at this point and there are still 2 towers I need to activate...this game...

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
man, the lightning storms are pretty irritating. it's a cool idea but i feel like it should just apply to what you're wearing or have equipped. it's bad enough to have a drop of ton of stuff in a pile to avoid getting struck, but then when your pile of crap gets hit it scatters everywhere as well. sucks especially if you're on mountain when a storm comes.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

fiber posted:

man, the lightning storms are pretty irritating. it's a cool idea but i feel like it should just apply to what you're wearing or have equipped. it's bad enough to have a drop of ton of stuff in a pile to avoid getting struck, but then when your pile of crap gets hit it scatters everywhere as well. sucks especially if you're on mountain when a storm comes.
uh it does only apply to what you're wearing or have equipped. You don't need to drop anything

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fiber posted:

You don't have to drop anything what are you talking about

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i guess i'm insane then, i was sure i'd unequipped everything but kept getting the spark warnings til i took everything out of bag that was glowing

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

fiber posted:

it does just apply to what you have equipped. you do not have to drop everything.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tarry Town is the best sidequest

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Tarry Town is the best sidequest
Larry Town

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Garry town?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk if it's the QA team or the designers but someone at Nintendo is incredibly on the ball with all the little things like how if you paraglide onto your horse you automatically climb on

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Idk if it's the QA team or the designers but someone at Nintendo is incredibly on the ball with all the little things like how if you paraglide onto your horse you automatically climb on

rain keeping you from starting a campfire so you find a an overhang to build one under (by just throwing a pile of wood and flint and then hitting it with an axe) is ftw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

are there any materials that are explosive or really combustible? its fun to toss a piece of flint down a hill and then strike it with an arrow to start a little fire, but id like to step it up

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

are there any materials that are explosive or really combustible? its fun to toss a piece of flint down a hill and then strike it with an arrow to start a little fire, but id like to step it up

pretty sure that's exactly what chu jelly is for.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

chuchu jellies can be changed o different elements, like fire, ice, and thunder, and when struck, they explode with that element.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

pretty sure that's exactly what chu jelly is for.

ah yeah what he said

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

fire chu jelly, aalthough i thnk you can just hit that with an arrow and itll go up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

loving cool

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
3 stooges bit where larry, curly and moe fall all over each other trying to tell a guy that chuchu jellies can be exploded

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm glad you were all able to share that moment.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tried to parachute onto a guardian helicopter and Link just kind of sadly stumbled and clipped through it :whitewater:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hs anyone found an electric fish, i n eed one for a quest and i cant find it anywhere. thoght itd be in faron but all i can find there are carp

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fungah! posted:

hs anyone found an electric fish, i n eed one for a quest and i cant find it anywhere. thoght itd be in faron but all i can find there are carp

Octoroks along the Zora River have a chance to drop them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

does the bloodmoon respawn hinoxes?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

does the bloodmoon respawn hinoxes?

yes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cool, just wanted to know whether or not to keep marking all the places I find them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
this is really fricked up nintendo why can't I pet dogs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i found the first thing i'd really call a bug. i left my newest horse (Cena) on a hilltop near the lake tower, and went off to complete a few sidequests in Zora's domain. i came back, and it had somehow wandered down a hill that it refuses to climb that leads into water. it constantly gets stuck trying to climb, sliding down, swimming in the water until it finds a place it can stand, and then staying there. i think i might just have to abandon it and find a new solid colored horse to tame. not the worst thing, but i put about an hour into that horse, and it feels bad just leaving it there forever.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i found the first thing i'd really call a bug. i left my newest horse (Cena) on a hilltop near the lake tower, and went off to complete a few sidequests in Zora's domain. i came back, and it had somehow wandered down a hill that it refuses to climb that leads into water. it constantly gets stuck trying to climb, sliding down, swimming in the water until it finds a place it can stand, and then staying there. i think i might just have to abandon it and find a new solid colored horse to tame. not the worst thing, but i put about an hour into that horse, and it feels bad just leaving it there forever.

got o a stable and either take horse >> cena or board horse >> cena

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Seems really obvious in hindsight but don't try to shoot bomb arrows anywhere the temperature is hot enough to burn things.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

got o a stable and either take horse >> cena or board horse >> cena

i thought you had to have the horse present to do that? i've considered taking my other horse out of storage and seeing if Cena finds its way back to a stable.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i thought you had to have the horse present to do that? i've considered taking my other horse out of storage and seeing if Cena finds its way back to a stable.

nope, you cn recall a horse from anywhere on the map to a stable

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cannonballoon posted:

Seems really obvious in hindsight but don't try to shoot bomb arrows anywhere the temperature is hot enough to burn things.

I kept trying to swap arrows by pulling out my bow every time I did this

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

ah, nice. welcome back, cena.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish there was more time in the day so i could really just enjoy exploring and chill cooking and stuff instead of trying to squeeze out as much content as i can between work and friends

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah! posted:

Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I found a giant stone door in the north-east of the map at the bottom of a mountain. None of my abilities work on it, it's unmarked on the map and I don't think theres a shrine behind it. wtf do I do with it

• Locked thread