Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Trump is not making profit. He's barely staying afloat.

I wouldn't call it successful.
One of my old bosses, who is really enthusiastic about Trump, says he would kill for that kind of success. I mean, he's a guy who owns his own business that was handed down from his father, and blows all his money as quickly as he earns it then considers declaring bankruptcy to escape his crippling debt in the slow seasons, but I dunno, I've known him for decades and am willing to respect his viewpoint. Sure wouldn't vote for him, though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The whole being president of the United States, however...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hillary Clinton was literally skimming money off a bribe machine / fake charity to become a billionaire, Trump is an angel compared to that

Rich people are generally all terrible and you would have never heard of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump if their rich parents hadn't propped them up in life.

"Wealth planners" are literally around to teach rich people how to avoid taxes. And now the rich have infiltrated the government so it will stay this way forever.

Just be born rich and you'll be ok in life. :911:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Don't hate the player hate the game.

All these kids are snowflakes who don't want to try, can't handle failure, and think they're better than everyone. So they sit back and try to make fun of someone's hair or suit or call them racist, because they know they're inferior to Trump in every metric of actual success.

Lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

The whole being president of the United States, however...

He's a good bullshitter and winning the US election against all odds is quite an achievement, I can easily admit it.

I'll wait to see how he manages to capitalize on it in the coming years though.

My criticism in this thread wasn't that he was a bad salesman, it's that he's a bad manager. I don't know what the US need the most right now, I'm not familiar enough with the situation.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

rezatahs posted:

like there is a billion legit criticisms of president donald j. trump but trying to sell people on him being a giant failure is pretty lol

he games the system. he gamed it right into the white house with basically everything stacked against him

seems like a winner to me :v:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I don't know what the US need the most right now, I'm not familiar enough with the situation.

A purge of the house and Senate and term limits on congressmen

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

A purge of the house and Senate and term limits on congressmen

I will wholeheartedly support my American friends in all their attempts to overthrow the plutocratic and oligarchic US government.

I hope that if Trump doesn't deliver on that point, they start taking matters into their own hands

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
the last couple pages are a good demonstration on how a cult of personality can blind fans to documented facts and reality.

i mean, you can just read about all of trumps business failures and his debt. all that information is out there. they are things that actually happened.

whatever position he holds now does not change the past & his consistent failures.

how these failures reflect on him as an individual, however, is obviously far more subjective.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

the last couple pages are a good demonstration on how a cult of personality can blind fans to documented facts and reality.

i mean, you can just read about all of trumps business failures and his debt. all that information is out there. they are things that actually happened.

whatever position he holds now does not change the past & his consistent failures.

how these failures reflect on him as an individual, however, is obviously far more subjective.

It's actually more a commentary on how detractors have never attempted to do anything with their lives. They don't understand that for every 8 businesses only 1 succeeds. It's hard to do things in life. But you keep trying, no matter how much you fail.

And then one day, after much failure, you can become the president by just working hard day in day out.

But you're a little Canadian commie, so you don't get that.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's actually more a commentary on how detractors have never attempted to do anything with their lives. They don't understand that for every 8 businesses only 1 succeeds. It's hard to do things in life. But you keep trying, no matter how much you fail.

And then one day, after much failure, you can become the president by just working hard day in day out.

Its not the fact that he's failed its the fact that he's lied about so much of it and done so many ethically questionable things along the way.

e: unethical

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wait, are you the Fedex Manager?

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Rich people are generally all terrible and you would have never heard of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump if their rich parents hadn't propped them up in life.

"Wealth planners" are literally around to teach rich people how to avoid taxes. And now the rich have infiltrated the government so it will stay this way forever.

Just be born rich and you'll be ok in life. :911:

Uh, Hillary's mom was poor as hell

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Hopefully one day but that rear end in a top hat Dominic doesn't trust me with the lock box keys yet

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Status of hosed?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hopefully one day but that rear end in a top hat Dominic doesn't trust me with the lock box keys yet

Clearly you are not trying enough

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

#solidarity

Knight posted:

considering how much spunky posts in this thread, im honestly not sure if he has a real job (though he did take that week-long break recently (i missed ya spnky bud, the thread wasnt the same without you))

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fog Tripper posted:

Status of hosed?

Utterly unfucked, the ACME rocket skates did not work as advertised.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's about the fact that everything about Trump is a huge facade masking the most fragile ego and the greatest need for validation. And that makes him particularly unfit at leading and managing because one day he's going to collapse and cry like a lil bitch because his approval ratings are bad

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Kjoery posted:

Do you really think a lot of the posters butting heads with you are Trump supporters? Can you conceive of a different explanation for why people push back on some of the poo poo you post

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

#solidarity

considering how much spunky posts in this thread, im honestly not sure if he has a real job (though he did take that week-long break recently (i missed ya spnky bud, the thread wasnt the same without you))

:angel: :love:

I'm back from the south where I've never been before and it feels racist down there tbh

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Do you really think a lot of the posters butting heads with you are Trump supporters? Can you conceive of a different explanation for why people push back on some of the poo poo you post
being affected by a cult of personality doesnt necessarily make a person a supporter of said cult's political positions, it just skews their perception of reality surrounding said cult of personality.

that being said, yeah, the cult of personality explanation is certainly not the rule, but it seems like an extremely likely explanation for the dissonance demonstrated in this thread

another reason could be, for example, the proliferation of propaganda media (fake news) on the internet (though from the perspective of some it is the global free press that have become propaganda mills (occams razor comes in handy here))

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yeah he's a loser lol anyways cya later shitlords *flies away in personal Boeing 757 *

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
or just a complete lack of understanding of how economics works, and how one can make money despite all of one's businesses failing, i guess

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Kjoery posted:

being affected by a cult of personality doesnt necessarily make a person a supporter of said cult's political positions, it just skews their perception of reality surrounding said cult of personality.

that being said, yeah, the cult of personality explanation is certainly not the rule, but it seems like an extremely likely explanation for the dissonance demonstrated in this thread

another reason could be, for example, the proliferation of propaganda media (fake news) on the internet (though from the perspective of some it is the global free press that have become propaganda mills (occams razor comes in handy here))

Nice word salad there buddy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i cud do what trump did

*rots away at an it job*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Kjoery posted:

Are you ok? My question was pretty straightforward.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Trump is a bad businessman and person and lol if you think he worked hard to get where he is, he IS however a good con man who can get idiots to believe that he is good at anything else other than playing them

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
My measure of a persons success is how many retro video game systems and games they own and how good they are at them. I'm way more successful than Trump. You think that chump could beat me at street fighter 2 or Tecmo Bowl? Keep dreaming.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
We're arguing over like six different metrics of success right now

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

We're arguing over like six different metrics of success right now

Sure Trump is wealthy. But how many friends does he have?

checkmate trumptards

:smuggo:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Apparently Trump's failures are 100x more awesome than anyone's successes here so he's got that going for him

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
One secret of being a business man is to never pay for something if someone else can foot the bill.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

USSAr posted:

Nice word salad there buddy

Toadvine posted:

Are you ok? My question was pretty straightforward.
yeah, and i answered it? should i use smaller words?

i stated that the people i outlined were not necessarily trump supporters, and stated other possibilities for the source of their dissonant perception of reality

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You seem upset

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Jukebox Hero posted:

You seem upset

When's the last time you made a post that didn't boil down to Trump's bad, republicans bad, or conservative tears lol?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

dissonant perception of reality

:ironicat:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Thanks to Hellthread™ I now know that trump is a bigly successful and smart and hardworking businessman and not a barely literate conman who is in way over his head

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He actually did something with the money he was given, he built an empire, how many rich kids would've squandered it and done nothing

lol he literally could have put his money in an SP500 index and made way more than he actually did, not even adjusting for risk

it's not hard to buy a ton of property and accumulate rent when you already have a bunch of money and dad's real estate empire + brand. dude's basically been treading water for decades and talking a big game and people buy it hook line and sinker it is amazing

he's a reality TV show star except instead of prada bags and hollywood hills it is business and jet planes

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
trump might be a loving clown and an idiot, but what he isn't is a loser lol

• Locked thread