Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

I tend to think that NK is getting more and more belligerent in a desperate way to try and counter tightening sanctions from China. Whether or not it bothers China in the slightest remains to be seen.

North Korea being a legit regional nuclear power does not bode well for Chinese control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

oooh goodie goodie, noted thx friend

whoa are u in the city?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Admiral Ray posted:

North Korea being a legit regional nuclear power does not bode well for Chinese control.

any sort of economic activity it has relies completely on china though. Tough to know, its a degenerating situation because Un is a complete lunatic.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

it bodes well for chinese cutting off food supplies or like dronin then w defoliant to unfood them asap

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

gigged in the butt and you're to blame
you give ed balls a bad name

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

Im looking forward to see what neotokyo looks like

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I love it when world leaders are stupid and insane.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

Assuming a supreme court that wasn't fully of complete fucks, is it still a bill of attainder if you tailor it to attack a single specific entity, without specifically naming it?

republicans suddenly started stonewalling hard when the democrats brought that up, so im guessing that's what they're counting on

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lol nk is going to be turbofucked because their thumb-headed leader wanted to be treated like a big boy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Baloogan posted:

for the record i loving love thatcher, one of the finest conservatives in modern history

i liked the part where she died and Chumbawumba put out an album to celebrate

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I tend to think that NK is getting more and more belligerent in a desperate way to try and counter tightening sanctions from China. Whether or not it bothers China in the slightest remains to be seen.

I should really make a thread about this but there's a good chance that the geopolitical situation around Korea is about to change.

The Constitutional Court of Korea is ruling tomorrow on whether Park Geun-hye will be impeached and I have to imagine they'll let it happen. That would cause snap elections, which Moon Jae-in is the favorite to win right now. He's suggested a return to the Sunshine Policy where the North and South work towards an agreement, which would remain to be seen how it'd work with the US making noise but who knows.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow its all true, all of it

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
NK is not gonna survive the Trump administration lol

the rest of us might but Trump isn't gonna want to "look weak"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
A chinese invasion of nk would take as long as it took the tanks to drive to pyongyang

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

of course baloogan idolizes thatcher hahahaha

white supremacy duck

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

trump is also a huge coward so who knows

china is gonna gently caress them up though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

crazy cloud posted:

Are brave boys will have a chance to die on Korean soil like their grandfathers

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

paranoid randroid posted:

i liked the part where she died and Chumbawumba put out an album to celebrate

went to a Morrissey show where they played "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" on the screen with Maggie's face superimposed over the wicked witch and that is literally how I found out that Margaret Thatcher died

shitposting in the real world saved my life that night

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i want a chinese official to release a statement saying theyve reviewed the evidence malaysias gathered and gosh it sure looks like theres something to it, and i want a camera livestreaming kjus reaction when he hears

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

any sort of economic activity it has relies completely on china though. Tough to know, its a degenerating situation because Un is a complete lunatic.

That's true, but that hasn't stopped them so far. If NK has real nuclear capability then Japan and South Korea, some of the most technologically advanced nations on the planet, will quickly have their own hidden nuclear programs complete. They have every capability to build a working bomb on a first run.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

it would actually work nicely with trump's isolationist line of our allies paying for their own defense if the north and south try and thaw relations.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'm from neotokyo and I say kill them all!

orange sky
May 7, 2007

China wouldn't think twice if NK threatens to cause some kind of real instability in the region, they'd just nuke them immediately and worry about it later.

Any kind of social, economic or military instability in China results in A LOT of death. I can understand them not wanting that.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

kelly is a national treasure

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
SMITTEN

TEENS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://streamable.com/38l6e

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

orange sky posted:

China wouldn't think twice if NK threatens to cause some kind of real instability in the region, they'd just nuke them immediately and worry about it later.

Any kind of social, economic or military instability in China results in A LOT of death. I can understand them not wanting that.

and as bad as it wounds, china nuking NK would actually be the best thing for them since it would severely cut down on the refugees they would get flooded with

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

SMITTEN

TEENS

smitteens

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Would new Tokyo be in Hawaii?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

smitteens

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lmao like there are any people alive who find donald trump attractive and aren't golden shower diggers.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

its looking into my soullll

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gringostar posted:

and as bad as it wounds, china nuking NK would actually be the best thing for them since it would severely cut down on the refugees they would get flooded with

no one wants to use a nuke tho

theyd do something but not nukes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

uggghh pete peterson is going to be meeting with trump in the oval office this afternoon

of all the people you dont want to have the ear of that orange buffoon

Not that famliar with him, other than he was at Lehman and Blackstone. Dets?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
precision carpet bombing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

eh, if every North Korean went to China that'd only be like an extra 25 million people. They could deal with that. That's like 2% of their total population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feminasty Slut posted:

lmao like there are any people alive who find donald trump attractive and aren't golden shower diggers.

Maybe Ben Garrison?

• Locked thread