Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

No wayyy, all these NeoGeo games. So sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Has anyone had to recharge their pro controllers since release

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I haven't HAD to but for whatever reason plugged it in Friday and Saturday night. Haven't charged it since Sunday though and I'm gonna see how long I can go. I think I'm still well over 50%.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Calaveron posted:

Not me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Holy poo poo, I didn't expect those NeoGeo games to reach America until much later. This is excellent news!

I'm gonna grab Waku Waku 7 and Metal Slug 3 as soon as I can

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah, the news about Metal Slug 3 coming to the Switch is awesome.

Here's to hoping they port all of them. Those games rule.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Has there been any indication of when the next shipment of Pro controllers is going to be available for purchase?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think a Snipperclips demo went up in NA today too.

Nothing out of the ordinary on the PAL shop. Blaster Master and ACA NeoGeo Nam-1975.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I flew from Dublin to Prague today and spent the entirety of the 2 hour flight playing BOTW. It owned.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

irlZaphod posted:

This has been up since around launch. I've had it for at least a few days.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't expect those NeoGeo games to reach America until much later. This is excellent news!

I'm gonna grab Waku Waku 7 and Metal Slug 3 as soon as I can

Wait. Are they out now?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

Nothing out of the ordinary on the PAL shop. Blaster Master and ACA NeoGeo Nam-1975.

That's (Snipperclips demo) been there since launch.

I have never played or really heard of any of these NeoGeo games, except Metal Slug which to my understanding is like a super stylized cartoony Contra, would anyone mind offering a brief explainer and whether any are worth picking up?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

parallelodad posted:

I have never played or really heard of any of these NeoGeo games, except Metal Slug which to my understanding is like a super stylized cartoony Contra, would anyone mind offering a brief explainer and whether any are worth picking up?

Do you like fighting games?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FireMrshlBill posted:

Do you like fighting games?

Only really simple ones like smash bros or that Capcom one on Dreamcast I can't remember(Power Stone?), or from the looks of it that upcoming one on Switch that looks like a Neo Geo Pocket Color game. I don't really care for complicated button combo inputs.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

parallelodad posted:

3 of them are fighting games; KOF98 is one of the best KOF games, World Heroes Perfect is one of the better World Heroes games, and Waku Waku 7 is a colorful and silly fighting game.

Metal Slug 3 is one of the better Metal Slug games.
NAM-1975 is a Cabal style game where you are controlling a character but fire based on a cursor and otherwise it's just a side-scrolling shooter where you are shooting into the screen.
Shock Troopers is an overhead run-n-gun style shooter.

So basically if you like fighting games, there's 3 good ones, and if you like shooters, there are 3 fairly different ones.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

OK thanks. Don't sound like my cup of tea.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just checked my Switch. Left home around 11am, was on the plane around 2pm. Switched on Airplane mode then and started playing Zelda for about 2 hours. Another hour or two in sleep mode (with Airplane mode still enabled), the battery still had 51% when I checked it. :)

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Anyone got that metal slug? Tried it coop? Thinking about buying it for some mp shenanigans.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I think I've come to grips with the fact that I both like the Switch and Zelda, and want to keep them.

:chanpop:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Another day without a switch anywhere to be found. My life is meaningless until they ship more of this non-existent product.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We got Voez at launch. I recommend it.

Edit: And since the US is now getting Neo Geo, I'll say again, the game I tried (Waku Waku 7) had delayed audio.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What was that fighter from the indie sizzle reel? The one with smash bros controls? That looked rad.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I think I've come to grips with the fact that I both like the Switch and Zelda, and want to keep them.

Yessssssss! Welcome! Now go back and play the old 3D Zelda's too when you finish BotW.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stan Taylor posted:

What was that fighter from the indie sizzle reel? The one with smash bros controls? That looked rad.

Pocket Fighters I think.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yessssssss! Welcome! Now go back and play the old 3D Zelda's too when you finish BotW.

No don't, just play Wind Waker.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
If they port WWHD over to the switch I will be extremely, extremely pleased.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
It's the best Zelda since Link to the Past and it's not close. Discluding BotW for now.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Handheld mode is p cool

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why do we not get coins for the switch? Didn't we get them for the NES mini?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I don't even have time to finish BotW before Mario Kart comes out!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Someone play those fighting games with the split JoyCons and report back how terrible it is

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Someone play those fighting games with the split JoyCons and report back how terrible it is

also try using the 'dpad' in combined mode

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Charles Mansion posted:

Has there been any indication of when the next shipment of Pro controllers is going to be available for purchase?

Gamestop dot com had them in Stock today

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Rime posted:

I would be surprised if they didn't port WWHD.

I would be surprised if they did it at a time when it would distract from BotW.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Made a cute girl paper

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Gonna be buying a lot of games on the Switch so I hope they come out with more home screen management options soonish. Having them move around all the time is okay right now but once you have a lot of games it'll get real old I imagine.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rime posted:

WW benefited greatly from the WiiU touchscreen, I can't help but feel it would be a step backwards. Handheld WW, though....

Also I love my switch but I can't help but wonder if they intentionally ripped out bits of BOTW on the WiiU to make the switch version more appealing in comparison. "Tap to switch to gamepad" is so much more glaringly bad when you have WWHD as the comparison.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've got the PowerA Hybrid Cover coming in on Tuesday, does anyone have it and is it a good screen protector for Switch? I wanna know as soon as possible if it's any good or if I should cancel and go for the glass cover

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

GreatGreen posted:

I, a person nerdy enough and into video games enough to post on the somethingawful.com Games forums, didn't know until like a year ago that the WiiU wasn't just some extra accessory for the Wii. By the time I was even interested in looking into getting one at some point, they were already end of life.

When I was a kid I thought glasses were cool so I lied on my eye exam to get my parents to buy me a pair. It wasn't until I had them that I realised they weren't a fashion accessory and I couldn't wear them.

So the same thing essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Rad Valtar posted:

Another day without a switch anywhere to be found. My life is meaningless until they ship more of this non-existent product.

Track down someone on the internet who says they have one and borrow it.

• Locked thread