Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Rad Valtar posted:

Another day without a switch anywhere to be found. My life is meaningless until they ship more of this non-existent product.

Nintendo not making enough of something?

Man that's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Did they ever say if they are going to have some sort of emulation or backporting of Wii/u games?

Probably not?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Target still claims "limited stock" by me. They may have underestimated demand in some places but this launch overall was a hell of a lot better than their last couple of estimates.

e:

Mr. Crow posted:

Did they ever say if they are going to have some sort of emulation or backporting of Wii/u games?

Probably not?

Given how many wiiu games make use of the pad, I'm going to guess of "probably not" with a side of "maybe some will get remakes but you'll still need to buy them again".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

GreatGreen posted:

Man that's weird.

They made a shitload. They just sold a shitload too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nolgthorn posted:

When I was a kid I thought glasses were cool so I lied on my eye exam to get my parents to buy me a pair. It wasn't until I had them that I realised they weren't a fashion accessory and I couldn't wear them.

So the same thing essentially.

There's two cool pairs of glasses in the world: Duane Wayne's from A Different World and Bret the Hitman Hart's.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

They made a shitload. They just sold a shitload too.

Man that's weird.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'd rather Nintendo make enough to sell out rather than make too much and lose tons of money like what happened with the Wii U

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

GreatGreen posted:

Man that's weird.

If only they had known it would be their best fastest console of all time. Must be more of their artificial scarcity.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

Man that's weird.

I think it's a bit different when this ended up being the highest selling console launch in the company's history.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I don't think nintendo treats the console and it's games the same as it does its toys, aka amiibo and the lovely nes classic, which is a plug and play toy.

They seem pretty much in panic production mode if anything and happy their japanese shareholders aren't commiting seppuku over a bad launch.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The problem is Nintendo only makes as many as ordered. So it takes a little while for the next wave. The PS4 is the fastest selling console ever and didn't have problems keeping stocked so that argument doesn't really work.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

I think it's a bit different when this ended up being the highest selling console launch in the company's history.

Bombadilillo posted:

If only they had known it would be their best fastest console of all time. Must be more of their artificial scarcity.

Fair enough.

Guess I'm just still burned over the NES classic fiasco.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

GreatGreen posted:

Fair enough.

Guess I'm just still burned over the NES classic fiasco.

Did they ever make more of those?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Just playing Fast RMX on regular settings, I got a little over 3 hours of battery life. Not bad considering its graphics, framerate, and the fact that the controllers are vibrating almost nonstop.

Also my little Anker Powercore 1000 was able to fully recharge the Switch, and its still at 50% capacity and looks like it can fully recharge it again.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Did they ever make more of those?

Not that I know of, which is annoying. I'd really like to give Nintendo money for this thing but I guess they already have enough.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rad Valtar posted:

The problem is Nintendo only makes as many as ordered. So it takes a little while for the next wave. The PS4 is the fastest selling console ever and didn't have problems keeping stocked so that argument doesn't really work.

I've never heard that, do you have a link that calls out they only produce what's ordered? My understanding is that their ability to produce units has always been handicapped by factory output. The Wii was so limiting that Nintendo had to build a whole new factory to keep up with demand.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Nolgthorn posted:

When I was a kid I thought glasses were cool so I lied on my eye exam to get my parents to buy me a pair. It wasn't until I had them that I realised they weren't a fashion accessory and I couldn't wear them.

So the same thing essentially.

Are you Dan Ryckert?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Louisgod posted:

I've never heard that, do you have a link that calls out they only produce what's ordered? My understanding is that their ability to produce units has always been handicapped by factory output. The Wii was so limiting that Nintendo had to build a whole new factory to keep up with demand.

Just something I've heard in the past that they don't like stock sitting in a warehouse. I should have not said it as though it's a fact sorry.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Just saw a Switch, BotW, and a 256GB card go for $490 shipped on ebay. That guy just lost money didn't he?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just saw a Switch, BotW, and a 256GB card go for $490 shipped on ebay. That guy just lost money didn't he?

He probably made a little bit. $300 plus $60 plus $90 (conservative guess), nets you a $40 profit.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

300 + 60 + ~70
so he probably made some money though maybe not on a great margin

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Does that include shipping costs?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
It was a Samsung Evo 256GB card. Aren't those like $200?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But he has to pay taxes on his initial purchase and then on his sale, minus eBay fees.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreatGreen posted:

NES classic fiasco.
Was it?

Nintendo's corporate philosophy has always been that it's better to sell out than sell more but have unsold leftovers. The scarcity inherent in this approach also creates urgency which overstocked shelves do not.

I never got one either, and I would have if they were just sitting on the shelves week 1, but I'm not sure "fiasco" is the right word.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

No business is going to follow up a disaster by making millions upon millions of their next thing expecting that this time they blindly got it right, that's just bad practice. Sony sold an insane amount of PS3s so they could be more confident of selling through 5-10million units of the PS4 or however many they made.

edit: plus they could be double plus confident after seeing how bad Microsoft shot themselves in the foot.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Commissar Ken posted:

Are you Dan Ryckert?

Does he have a switch? Because I don't have one yet and damned if I'm going to let him beat me.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Target still claims "limited stock" by me.

I'm not convinced Target's system is accurate. My local store went from "out of stock" to "limited stock" on the Neon Switch today. I went over to check and the electronics department guy said they don't have any and that he's had to call Corporate to ask them to change the stock listing for their store. He claimed something must have triggered the in stock algorithm again. Who knows though, he could have been BSing me if stores are going to have them in their Sunday ads and they have to hold onto stock. He did say they had a truck coming in tomorrow but there is no guarantee there would be any on the truck and to call and check.

Hoping they will become available online again soon. Gamestop is doing a second batch of pre-orders but requiring you to buy some ridiculous bundle. Even those won't be available until around Easter.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nolgthorn posted:

Does he have a switch? Because I don't have one yet and damned if I'm going to let him beat me.

he works for a video game focused site and does in fact own a Switch.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Target still claims "limited stock" by me. They may have underestimated demand in some places but this launch overall was a hell of a lot better than their last couple of estimates.

Use this site to check Target's inventory in real time:

https://www.brickpicker.com/target-inventory/index.cfm - DPCI 207-30-7017

Best to check a little before opening but I've used this site for numerous other things to great success.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
blaster master zero is a lot of fun, but you cant play it with your pro controller. :( on the upside, the joycons rumble when poo poo explodes so thats fun!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blazing Zero posted:

blaster master zero is a lot of fun, but you cant play it with your pro controller. :( on the upside, the joycons rumble when poo poo explodes so thats fun!

Thankfully they already sent a update to get Pro Controller support in next week. Might wait until then to get it and Binding of Isaac if next week is when that is due.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I think I've come to grips with the fact that I both like the Switch and Zelda, and want to keep them.

:chanpop:

Me too! And Grips is the operative word, because all it took was the Pro Controller.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I already have Binding of Issac preorderd, I have it on my Vita, PS4, and PC but after I realized that the Switch physical copy was only $25 + tax after the GCU discount and $5 reward credit I got from buying the Switch I figured I might as well pick it up.

Means I'll have to start from the beginning again but I only had a couple Mom's heart kills on the PC anyway, plus this means I get the Afterbirth+ stuff as well!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I ordered a tri wing screwdriver and I'm gonna do the surgery to make my joycon better

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It was a Samsung Evo 256GB card. Aren't those like $200?

For a real one, yes. Fake cards are all over the place on Ebay though.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't know if I want to get BoI. On one hand I'm pretty close to 100% on Steam. On the other it is a portable BoI with all the dlc.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Nolgthorn posted:

He both HAS a switch and has played a poo poo ton of zelda. You got some catching up to do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Chernabog posted:

I don't know if I want to get BoI. On one hand I'm pretty close to 100% on Steam. On the other it is a portable BoI with all the dlc.

Same. I keep waffling. I haven't seen everything in the game but I've seen most.
It's a perfect time waster but...

Zelda, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Man I wish Fast RMX had a demo. It looks cool, but those kinds of games live or die based on ~feel~ for me. I love F-Zero but didn't care for any of the Wipeout games for whatever reason. Videos don't really help either.

• Locked thread