Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
It's how you get a keyboard gut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Check out my sweet gamer bod ladiez :btroll:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Of course they do. Blackagar Boltagon means Lockheed won't be far behind.

Lockheed was in the game long before Black Bolt. He's a doofy purple :airquote: dragon :airquote: that hangs out with Shadowcat, at least until you hit Level 32, and enable Solo Training to dismiss him forever.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Lockheed was in the game long before Black Bolt. He's a doofy purple :airquote: dragon :airquote: that hangs out with Shadowcat, at least until you hit Level 32, and enable Solo Training to dismiss him forever.

pretty sure he means Lockjaw, The Only Inhuman Anyone Likes

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

The radar ping's ICD is apparently an undocumented nerf rather than a bug, and since he wasn't exactly topping the charts back when you could ping on every combo max it's not great.
Yeah, that's some quality Gazzing if it does turn out to be true. Not just utterly failing to communicate that change, but deciding it needed to be made in the first place. :gaz:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

also pictured: the only other inhuman anyone likes

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, that's some quality Gazzing if it does turn out to be true. Not just utterly failing to communicate that change, but deciding it needed to be made in the first place. :gaz:

The only way it isn't true is if the QA dev who reported it was wrong, since they did actually reply about it at last. They are planning to just document the nerf in the trait next patch, rather than make him playable (it's currently impossible to ever get Tornado Kick's double damage on a single target with 2/3 specs).

Also, the game is crashing hard again, so I hope nobody was particularly interested in actually playing it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

The only way it isn't true is if the QA dev who reported it was wrong, since they did actually reply about it at last. They are planning to just document the nerf in the trait next patch, rather than make him playable (it's currently impossible to ever get Tornado Kick's double damage on a single target with 2/3 specs).
I'm just not totally discounting the possibility that the guy is confused or doesn't actually know what he's talking about, I guess. If this nerf/tooltip correction does go through though, well, :rip: Daredevil.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MMAgCh posted:

I'm just not totally discounting the possibility that the guy is confused or doesn't actually know what he's talking about, I guess. If this nerf/tooltip correction does go through though, well, :rip: Daredevil.
This is a situation where it's equally likely that a QA person doesn't know what they're talking about, or that an already squishy, mediocre character ate a pointless, undocumented nerf. God bless you Marvel Heroes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

also pictured: the only other inhuman anyone likes

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

remember that time the inhumans were mind controlling world leaders into not hating them for unleashing a wandering cloud of bioweapon on the earth that turns a percentage of their citizens into human weapons or dogs?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

NotALizardman posted:

remember that time the inhumans were mind controlling world leaders into not hating them for unleashing a wandering cloud of bioweapon on the earth that turns a percentage of their citizens into human weapons or dogs?
Remember that time that the wandering bioweapon cloud was used as an excuse to kill off a bunch of the X-men roster to spite the movies

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cease to Hope posted:

Haha! Yes, that's who I meant! I'm kind of amazed I made that mistake because I honestly forget that Lockheed was even a real X-man.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Haha! Yes, that's who I meant! I'm kind of amazed I made that mistake because I honestly forget that Lockheed was even a real X-man.

it was always possible you meant jim starlin's self-insert or that one weird cyborg alien x-man made entirely from marginalia in sienkiewicz's sketchbooks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The tree of Marvel must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of mutants and pocket universes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

IvX makes it pretty clear that the Inhumans are being targeted at the growing alt-right, expect blackagar to down a carton of milk to supercharge his powers or something.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

blackbolt is nofap

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm helping?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/316378/illustrated-list-of-bugs/p1?new=1

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Whatever was there is gone. What was it?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This is a situation where it's equally likely that a QA person doesn't know what they're talking about, or that an already squishy, mediocre character ate a pointless, undocumented nerf.
Looks like it was the latter after all. :waycool:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Overminty posted:

Whatever was there is gone. What was it?

:gaz:

ModMode posted:

Hello Toshimo,

I rescued that one from the dark pit of the spam queue for you.

It's a slight problem at the moment where edited posts are being flagged as spam by the auto spam filter.

The post is back where it should be, and it shouldn't happen to you again. If it does, feel free to PM again and I'll sort it out for you.

Should be back up now.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kokoro Wish posted:

Red Letter Media pointed out that Blade actually came out before all that X-Men stuff, was a really big earner, and quite possibly triggered alot of 90s cool trends that influenced poo poo like The Matrix. It's been promptly forgotten about by alot of people. It's in a weird-rear end place.

not me, i watch wesley snipes utter "some muthafuckas always trying to skate uphill" every few years to keep the flame alive :smugjones:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Percelus posted:

not me, i watch wesley snipes utter "some muthafuckas always trying to skate uphill" every few years to keep the flame alive :smugjones:

Would love to see a Blade HD remaster with new effects. I still love the old, janky-rear end 90s computer animation though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A remaster would kill the charm of Blade beating up a cherry jello man by shooting him up with liquid alka-seltzer, philistine

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Meanwhile on TC, Iron Fist's Deliberate Tempo talent has been nerfed into the ground as expected. Apparently "Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned", so she ate a bunch of nerfs as well. :iiam: And the Daredevil nerf that isn't actually a nerf because the trait always was totally intended to work the way it does now is there as well. :gaz:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

Meanwhile on TC, Iron Fist's Deliberate Tempo talent has been nerfed into the ground as expected. Apparently "Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned", so she ate a bunch of nerfs as well. :iiam: And the Daredevil nerf that isn't actually a nerf because the trait always was totally intended to work the way it does now is there as well. :gaz:

How much is into the ground?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

Deliberate Tempo was +100% cooldown, +500% damage. Now it's +100% cooldown, +100% damage. "But that means it's entirely DPS neutral!" you'd say. And you'd be right.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

malhavok posted:

Down to 100% bonus damage from 500%.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To give the true Iron Fist experience it would probably need to be +100% cooldown -100% damage, and then periodically it calls you a slur.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gaz is just trying to maintain canon with the tv show by dumpstering Iron Fist.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

It's still a nerf, even if it was intentional from the start. It's just not a bug. Or well thought out. I really don't understand the SG changes though, since her best isn't even in the top 25% atm.

Iron Fist's change seems overdone too, since without significant cooldown reset abuse (meaning, you must take a specific talent later in the chain), +100% Damage +100% cooldown = exactly the same DPS. With Chi Surge and Like Unto Iron getting the reset proc it's at least performing above taking no talent, but I'm not sure if it's enough to be worth it? 500 was definitely too high, but 150 or 200 would probably be safe. I guess we'll find out. It's better than Cyclops, who at the moment has no benefit to taking any talents on two different rows.

For giggles, this is the distribution of ttks as of yesterday:

That's Iron Fist way down at the bottom. The Q1 line is at 144, and Squirrel Girl is 146. Not sure why they seem dead set on tightening Q1-Q3 closer together than either the top or especially the bottom 25%, but here we are.

In other news:

- Fixed an issue where Feral Roar would grant 100% Fury with the Brutality talent.

Sure am glad I finished my cosmic already.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's Iron Fist way down at the bottom. The Q1 line is at 144, and Squirrel Girl is 146. Not sure why they seem dead set on tightening Q1-Q3 closer together than either the top or especially the bottom 25%, but here we are.
This has always been their balance philosophy, despite this being a non-competitive, effectively-single-player game.

Which means the only way Taskmaster's going to stop bringing up the year of that TTK sheet is if everyone else falls down to it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Deliberate Tempo was +100% cooldown, +500% damage. Now it's +100% cooldown, +100% damage. "But that means it's entirely DPS neutral!" you'd say. And you'd be right.

holy hell I expected down to 200% at worst....

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

This has always been their balance philosophy, despite this being a non-competitive, effectively-single-player game.

Which means the only way Taskmaster's going to stop bringing up the year of that TTK sheet is if everyone else falls down to it.

Oh, I guess I should mention Taskmaster is not either of the outliers anymore. Psimitar Cable's the one that falls just outside of the high whisker, and the one that's as far below tolerable as Iron Fist is above is Cap. Lozareth has Taskmaster pretty safely on the whisker, even if you add 20s for whenever they figure out Symbiote Infestation is broken as gently caress (it's not in the prelim patch notes lol).

It's not even the impulse to beat down that baffles me here though, as adding new items over time means power creep is inevitable anyway. It's the fact that the middle half of the cast falls within 35.5 seconds of each other, the top quarter (minus Iron Fist's outlier) is on a 33.5s span, and the bottom quarter (minus the aforementioned outliers) is on a 50s span. Buffing everyone to reach bullshit broken tier is stupid, but they've accidentally got about half the cast within a decent margin of error from each other, but the red headed stepchildren vary from pretty close to the clump to just wildly trash.

I guess this is technically pretty close to a bell curve in practice, but that's not actually a thing you want to aim for in balance design. A slightly wider box and much smaller whiskers is certainly preferable.

e:

Technically it isn't, due to opportunity costs and, more importantly, there still being two methods of resetting those cooldowns. It's probably more nerf than was necessary to make him not insane, but in the current insane setup it's still actually a buff.

You want a talent that does nothing? Look at Cyclops with Iceman vs Magneto. Mags is a pure visual skin. Or, actually, according to ShadowReflux it's worse than that; his animation is slower despite providing the same utility. So that's fun.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 10, 2017

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

AzraelNewtype posted:

I really don't understand the SG changes though, since her best isn't even in the top 25% atm.

They're just looking out for me, they know I almost logged in for a few seconds last weekend. Thanks Mr. Gaz.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Symbiote Infestation is broken as gently caress (it's not in the prelim patch notes lol).
Tell me more about this...

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Irony.or.Death posted:

They're just looking out for me, they know I almost logged in for a few seconds last weekend. Thanks Mr. Gaz.

The guy who has the current 1:49 on her just posted that she's now down to 2:19, so she's still inside the Q1-Q3 range, and by about as much, but on the other side. That's still perfectly playable, but baffling.

Tell me more about this...

The symbiotes it spawns do like 300k per hit. It's BiS on roughly everybody, doubly so if you use Dur. The worse your character is, the better the item is, since it gives the summons longer to dish out their broken tier damage.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The arti or the unique? cause the arti is rare as gently caress.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the artifact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

malhavok posted:

The arti or the unique? cause the arti is rare as gently caress.

Artifact, of course. The unique is hot garbage.