Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a> I am so disappointed and I voted for you to get rid of socialize government healthcare you lost me bud</p>— B k cwkicfk5 (@kelleybasil1) <a href="https://twitter.com/kelleybasil1/status/839481390903197697">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

has this thread talked about the best selling book that's Reasons To Vote Democrat followed by 200+ blank pages

should have just been trump on every page

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

that texas bill is already legal in several southern states.

Yeah but Texas is supposed to be one of the good ones where Californians can go afford houses and live in Austin is weird or some poo poo right?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a> I am so disappointed and I voted for you to get rid of socialize government healthcare you lost me bud</p>— B k cwkicfk5 (@kelleybasil1) <a href="https://twitter.com/kelleybasil1/status/839481390903197697">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote>

Just paste the Twitter URL my dude

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

has this thread talked about the best selling book that's Reasons To Vote Democrat followed by 200+ blank pages

first book a trump voter has ever read

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

From that article:

quote:

Creighton has served in the Texas Senate since 2014 and voted against a bill requiring vaccines for minors and against a bill to prohibit texting while driving. I guess because he thinks contracting diseases and being killed while driving are both good things?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

https://twitter.com/kelleybasil1/status/839481390903197697

it's not that hard brother

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i like texting and driving

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rofl

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I am extremely thirsty for Paul Ryan to fail

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Rocks posted:

I am extremely thirsty for Paul Ryan to fail

Fail his way to the presidency

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

quote:

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, an adviser to Trump, told CNN that the White House is "exactly right" to reject the name "Trumpcare."
"The minute you call it by a politician's name, it becomes vulnerable. ... If it refers to you, then they oppose the bill," Gingrich said. "What they want to do is find a way to get something out in the open where you're arguing over the ideas and not the personalities."

oh word?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this episode might be one of my favorite episodes of anything ever, and i don't really know why

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

TwoStepBoog posted:

trump impeached, pence resigns.

President Ryan. :v:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

turdfuzz whats wrong

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

turdfuzz whats wrong

ur tellin peeps to read bud.

thats educationist!~

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo hes dumb

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

TwoStepBoog posted:

Things are looking up for the scamp

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Solarin posted:

that's a good point about the goal of averting disaster. I guess my thinking is the goal is to capitalize on the current crisis by organizing with other sane people who are angry and terrified as a way to capitalize on the inevitable future crises where things get completely insanely hosed up beyond all recognition.

you can get a whole pile of people to agree on an issue, like that our current criminal justice system is hosed. that's easy. but it's easy because it's a negative policy position, defined by what it isn't. it's not what we have. the moment you suggest an alternative, though, that great mass of people who agree with you will suddenly find themselves disagreeing because they have their own ideas. that's because it's a positive policy position, defined by what it is. positive policy positions fundamentally divide, while negative policy positions fundamentally unite. but when you actually wield power, you can only wield it in the shapes of positive policy positions

you can see this in obamacare - pretty much nobody thinks it's anywhere close to an Ideal Solution. and the GOP have screamed about it for so long to great effect, because a lot of people can easily hop on the bandwagon. but the reason they haven't defined a replacement leading up to now isn't that they're just morons, its that defining a replacement plan would allow that replacement plan to be attacked and schism the coalition of gently caress OBAMACARE types. now, they need to come up with a replacement and there is not one that satisfies anywhere close to everyone

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

it's really a perfect work of entertainment, because the people buying it think it's hilarious, and the people the book is a joke at the expense of think it's hilarious that conservatives will pay $15 or whatever for a blank paperback book

I envy whoever published it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

president ryan will finally have the power to live out his dream of slaughtering the poor and needy.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

you can get a whole pile of people to agree on an issue, like that our current criminal justice system is hosed. that's easy. but it's easy because it's a negative policy position, defined by what it isn't. it's not what we have. the moment you suggest an alternative, though, that great mass of people who agree with you will suddenly find themselves disagreeing because they have their own ideas. that's because it's a positive policy position, defined by what it is. positive policy positions fundamentally divide, while negative policy positions fundamentally unite. but when you actually wield power, you can only wield it in the shapes of positive policy positions

you can see this in obamacare - pretty much nobody thinks it's anywhere close to an Ideal Solution. and the GOP have screamed about it for so long to great effect, because a lot of people can easily hop on the bandwagon. but the reason they haven't defined a replacement leading up to now isn't that they're just morons, its that defining a replacement plan would allow that replacement plan to be attacked and schism the coalition of gently caress OBAMACARE types. now, they need to come up with a replacement and there is not one that satisfies anywhere close to everyone

governance is hard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a literal THanks Obama

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

president ryan will finally have the power to live out his dream of slaughtering the poor and needy.

no aliens will land and ascend him to glorious supreme leader of the universe before he can kill any poors

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/839990183881670656

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

governance is hard.

governance is easy

egalitarian governance is impossible

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

they are morons tho', mostly for not having a coherent plan for this.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Origami Dali posted:

So I've been away enjoying life before the nukes fly, where's healthcare bill now? Covered in goblin vomit and slop? Getting laughed out of the House? Or are they caving to Trump's threats and actually going to pass this turd, because of course they will?

Still hasn't passed the House, not going to. If by some dark miracle it passes the House, it dies in the Senate, along with Paul Ryan's dreams.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

consumer cumfarts

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

the usa was built around complaining about poo poo, this is both it's weakness and strength

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

governance is hard.

no one could have predicted it would be so hard

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Relevant Tangent posted:

Still hasn't passed the House, not going to. If by some dark miracle it passes the House, it dies in the Senate, along with Paul Ryan's dreams.

Scalise won't actually say they've got the votes in the house.

It's probably dead in the house, but its definitely dead in the senate.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

it's because they thought Hillary would win too

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

radical meme posted:

From that article:

i don't think even literal mythical monsters that specifically eat children hate children as much as this guy apparently does

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

there are multiple branches of government based solely around bitching about things

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i don't think paul ryan HAS dreams. he has desires, sort of, but they are mostly ayn rand quotes and broken excel sheets.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's because they thought Hillary would win too

ha, idiots.

:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Admiral Ray posted:

it applies to all issues on all sides. it's a fundamental property of politics

Yinlock posted:

the usa was built around complaining about poo poo, this is both it's weakness and strength

not really, it was built around the idea that Appearing Proper would perpetually override the baser voice whispering "actually, winning is the only thing that matters in an election"

now that's out the window, things are gonna get extra spicy

• Locked thread