Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

SquirrelGrip posted:

best example of a good game being ruined by a lovely community who have forgotten the title of the game

Don't blame the players for a bad mode that's ruined at mid- and low-level by grouping tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

SquirrelGrip posted:

best example of a good game being ruined by a lovely community who have forgotten the title of the game

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, I want to like Shugoki. He's just so goddamned slow. If you can't GB he seems kinda useless. What am I doing wrong?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SquirrelGrip posted:

games dead on xbox. low activity in duel/brawl, wont find me a match. 4 player modes are trash as people wont engage 1v1 or even 1v2 the moment their move of choice cant be spammed, so gank squads are the norm. even then you arent guaranteed finishing a match, people quit and the game falls apart. all of this really sucks because when you do actually get a good fight going, the gameplay is rad. best example of a good game being ruined by a lovely community who have forgotten the title of the game

:agreed:

Great gameplay, lovely game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Liu posted:

seems like this is being patched tomorrow so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Wait wha, there is another patch already? What are the details on it?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I don't get many disconnection problems but holy poo poo if I join another dominion with boosters running in circles in spawn.. :argh:

An endless fount of physical comedy this game

Fuzz posted:

Almost made me wish there was chat on PS4 so I could taste that salt. Almost. :allears:

I'm probably just projecting but I swear people on PS4 ragequit in a heartbeat. Like, it's all "good fights" and taunts and then they get hit with one combo they don't understand and it's connection error time. maybe if they had in-game chat as an outlet they would stick around longer to let us know how they really feel :3:

GB chat: I still think there should be some visual/auditory indicator when a GB is uncounterable. Just make it subtle.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

SquirrelGrip posted:

games dead on xbox. low activity in duel/brawl, wont find me a match. 4 player modes are trash as people wont engage 1v1 or even 1v2 the moment their move of choice cant be spammed, so gank squads are the norm. even then you arent guaranteed finishing a match, people quit and the game falls apart. all of this really sucks because when you do actually get a good fight going, the gameplay is rad. best example of a good game being ruined by a lovely community who have forgotten the title of the game

My personal opinion: Embrace the lack of honor. It makes the game more dynamic and interesting than just 1v1 all the time. Yes, getting gang-banged tends to suck, but the occasional victory when you're outnumbered is so satisfying. As soon as I get teamed up on I try to be the biggest scumbag ever. Revenge, environmental kills, running to powerups, using feats, anything. The more angry they are after defeat the better.

Normally I'd say go play 1v1 if you want to duel, but...low activity, no matches...gently caress. Game is currently in a pretty bad state. :smith:

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait wha, there is another patch already? What are the details on it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5yhjfx/maintenance_10032017_pc_hotfix_and_live_update_1/

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Huh, so they are taking out the Shugoki unlock tech, but leaving in the Lawbringer one.

Ill effectively take that as tacit approval!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Can you get revenge by dodging attacks?

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Keegers posted:

I don't believe so.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

quote:

- As requested by the community, the Post-Match screen “QUIT TO DESKTOP” option has been removed.

Good stuff.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Pearnicious posted:

My personal opinion: Embrace the lack of honor. It makes the game more dynamic and interesting than just 1v1 all the time. Yes, getting gang-banged tends to suck, but the occasional victory when you're outnumbered is so satisfying. As soon as I get teamed up on I try to be the biggest scumbag ever. Revenge, environmental kills, running to powerups, using feats, anything. The more angry they are after defeat the better.

Normally I'd say go play 1v1 if you want to duel, but...low activity, no matches...gently caress. Game is currently in a pretty bad state. :smith:

oh the moment that starts i go full oval office and do what i gotta do, and yeah id gladly go play duel/brawl and shut the gently caress up, but nobody is on xbox cos we are all poo poo it seems

this was me last night yes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Poor you for expecting people to play by your imaginary rules and being disappointed.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Keegers posted:

Yes, I think so.

And unless this is a bug, you apparently get quite a bit from dodging a Shugoki's plunging attack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uihIiyWHM

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

Poor you for expecting people to play by your imaginary rules and being disappointed.

i dont expect poo poo but being able to play the mode with rules would be nice

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

SquirrelGrip posted:

i dont expect poo poo but being able to play the mode with rules would be nice
There are rules?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
probably not, i have never been able to matchmake to anything but dominion or vs ai modes

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
One of the big things I want are straight up arena maps. An octagon, a circle, a field. I don't care. Give me a bunch of gladiatorial rings that I can vote for every time so we don't have to both walk to the corner of the map where you can't get knocked off. And no, this isn't me saying "ahurdur honor". If I don't follow them to the corner, we aren't fighting. People straight up refuse to meet me in the middle because everyone is deathly afraid of gravity.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Xeremides posted:

everyone is deathly afraid of gravity.
They should be.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
That one 1v1 map that is just a bunch of railing-less catwalks at the top of a pagoda is so badly designed. I've won fights by just light attacking someone and having them go over the edge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Pearnicious posted:

Yes, I think so.

And unless this is a bug, you apparently get quite a bit from dodging a Shugoki's plunging attack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uihIiyWHM

I'm going to guess what's going on is revenge meter fills on the amount of damage dodged or blocked and since plunging attacks can hit for 2000+ damage that's why it instantly filled.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Red Mundus posted:

That one 1v1 map that is just a bunch of railing-less catwalks at the top of a pagoda is so badly designed. I've won fights by just light attacking someone and having them go over the edge.

Yeah, I have 0 problems with ledges in this game but that particular level is a bit extreme.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Every time someone says Lawbringer needs a nerf, an angel falls from heaven.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

That rickety bridge duel area in the swamp map is the worst. If you're playing shugoki or anyone with a shield that level's just a free win. Like even kensei normals usually have enough weight to send someone tumbling.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Those levels are all my favorite levels, and, incidentally, are the best levels in the entire game

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So Squirrel grip and I are on Xbox. Anyone else? Finding people to play with is problematic.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm going to guess what's going on is revenge meter fills on the amount of damage dodged or blocked and since plunging attacks can hit for 2000+ damage that's why it instantly filled.

That's an interesting point. That could add to why revenge is so ridiculous with gear stats. Most people will probably go for attack power gear, so when they are blocked/dodged/parried they give even more revenge meter to their opponent.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

10 Beers posted:

So Squirrel grip and I are on Xbox. Anyone else? Finding people to play with is problematic.

add XBOX UNSUCK and we can shank cunts

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Anybody else catch alphastrikes stream last night? Tru3ta1ent got the 'best' EU Kensei to come duel him. It was great (even not counting alphas incredible music or his decidedly chill self).

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Sogol posted:

Anybody else catch alphastrikes stream last night? Tru3ta1ent got the 'best' EU Kensei to come duel him. It was great (even not counting alphas incredible music or his decidedly chill self).

On his stream this morning, Alpha dueled another Kensei who kept pace with him. It was awesome to catch

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Concurred posted:

On his stream this morning, Alpha dueled another Kensei who kept pace with him. It was awesome to catch

That's the one (I am currently in Istanbul so different time). It was full on Musashi-Luke-meets-himself-in-the-cave next level poo poo. I think in part because they were both Kensei the whole thing was mind game intense and we only saw the shadows, which were greatly entertaining. I learned a ton from his disposition about it all too. That guy seems like he is all heart and humor, to me at least.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sorry revenge build haters, but there are few things more satisfying than impaling my foe and lifting him up into the air, his partner futilely beating on me, throwing his body to the ground, turning, and splitting his partner open like a melon. I feel like the loving Terminator, and until LB gets overhauled, I'm going to take my power trips where I can get them.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Oh good they still haven't fixed the bug where assassins can just choose not to fall down when they get thrown during exhaustion.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Concurred posted:

Got a clip/link? Or hell any awesome champ level matches would be great to watch. I don't know anything about the fighting game tournament scene, is there anything organized enough yet where we can see the best players in the world or a given region fight?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I'm feeling very metal because of my new axe.

It has 4 separate skulls on it. This is the currently believed to be the upper limit, although some scientists believe that a higher density is theoretically possible.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

I'm feeling very metal because of my new axe.

It has 4 separate skulls on it. This is the currently believed to be the upper limit, although some scientists believe that a higher density is theoretically possible.

Counting engravings, I think Lawbringer can manage 8-9 on their person at once.

Edit: no wait more, some chest pieces have a skull on their badge.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 10, 2017

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

Sorry revenge build haters, but there are few things more satisfying than impaling my foe and lifting him up into the air, his partner futilely beating on me, throwing his body to the ground, turning, and splitting his partner open like a melon. I feel like the loving Terminator, and until LB gets overhauled, I'm going to take my power trips where I can get them.

what is best in life

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

10 Beers posted:

Man, I want to like Shugoki. He's just so goddamned slow. If you can't GB he seems kinda useless. What am I doing wrong?

i don't know what level you play at but you just kind of have to juggle his good attributes

- with your damage reduction bubble you'll always win the first strike exchange. I just get my first few lights in start with the lead

- the heavy can be a delayed double strike so make them think you finished and then bring it around for the final smack

- anyone moving aggressively at you can be picked up for that shoulder break. It can gently caress you real fast but if you keep their path linear by hugging the wall giving them no side dodge out, they hit more than miss. A shoulder break leads into a baseball swing or another shoulder break. Wnning striking exchanges is hard but you can afford to take a lot of damage when you can instantly get health back.

- start off with the oni charge and get the knock down to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Someone just got mad at me for spamming parry.

Spamming. Parry.

So I oni charged him off a cliff in the final round.