Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Lobok posted:

"Geostorm" sounds like it should be the name of something else but I can't quite place it. A crappy line of action figure toys? A lovely sedan? A terrible videogame?

Geoduck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry it meth killed him but it looks like The Room of horror movies.

I really want Sean Patrick Flannery to spend the whole movie working on his tie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Car witch Charlize Theron summons a horde of zombie cars to do her bidding, while car knight Dwayne Johnson takes the fate of a torpedo into his own muscular hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GvX2uexGkA

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did... did they show the ending of the movie in the trailer? Because holy poo poo you don't need to show like 80% of all that. That said, the movie looks completely loving insane and I'll be there to see it the day it comes out.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Did... did they show the ending of the movie in the trailer? Because holy poo poo you don't need to show like 80% of all that. That said, the movie looks completely loving insane and I'll be there to see it the day it comes out.

This. I also like how they try to edit around the fact that Dom is back with the family during the submarine shenanigans. I have no problem with them just going totally over the top with these movies, but this trailer basically was the movie in 3 minutes and I would like to have witnessed that kind of insanity fresh in the theater. I guess it's my fault for looking.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The monkeys on YouTube viscerally hate it for some reason (1k likes and 1k dislikes??) and I'm trying to figure out if it's literally cuz they're so dumb that they're programmed to just hate any female ensemble film post lady ghostbusters or something???

Uhhhhhh

Um

Seriously???

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The monkeys on YouTube viscerally hate it for some reason (1k likes and 1k dislikes??) and I'm trying to figure out if it's literally cuz they're so dumb that they're programmed to just hate any female ensemble film post lady ghostbusters or something???

They hated them pre-Ghostbusters as well, but they didn't have any profile.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Uhhhhhh

Um

Seriously???

Look at that first guy's picture and you'll find your answer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A bunch of beta "men" rejected by women complaining non-stop about any movie which features em. Those types of assholes can rot in piss.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I guess that's just the default garbage world now then, it just threw me for a loop since it felt so random
Like is there really some tiny eyed neck beard with a YouTube channel (named after some ancient Mesopotamian or something) "rallying the troops" towards this?? How they dare remake and feminize the sacred hallowed grounds of very bad things???

I was just glad to have an LOL DEAD STRIPPER moment that isn't a dead lady for once

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

The MSJ posted:

Car witch Charlize Theron summons a horde of zombie cars to do her bidding, while car knight Dwayne Johnson takes the fate of a torpedo into his own muscular hands.

Nice, they're cribbing from Just Cause 2 for that ice chase.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

not trolled not crying posted:

This. I also like how they try to edit around the fact that Dom is back with the family during the submarine shenanigans. I have no problem with them just going totally over the top with these movies, but this trailer basically was the movie in 3 minutes and I would like to have witnessed that kind of insanity fresh in the theater. I guess it's my fault for looking.

As I recall, the Fast 7 trailers barely showed any of the final action scene with the drone in LA. Might be a similar situation here or it might not.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The MSJ posted:

Car witch Charlize Theron summons a horde of zombie cars to do her bidding

"Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should."

Huntsman II was not a good movie but CT was fabulous in it :o:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm pretty sure that no one watches the Fast and Furious movies for their amazing plot twists anyway.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Alhazred posted:

I'm pretty sure that no one watches the Fast and Furious movies for their amazing plot twists anyway.

No but part of the reason people watch them is for the crazy set pieces and stunts and it's annoying when they give away all the money-shots in the trailer, like when the trailer for six showed Dom's car shooting out of the nose of the plane.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Uhhhhhh

Um

Seriously???

You do realize these are troll comments made to get people mad, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

There is literally nothing about this trailer that doesn't own :swoon:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Peanut President posted:

In the trump era it is v difficult to tell

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

No but part of the reason people watch them is for the crazy set pieces and stunts and it's annoying when they give away all the money-shots in the trailer, like when the trailer for six showed Dom's car shooting out of the nose of the plane.

Yeah, the treat of these movies is the ridiculous set pieces, and the trailers are a highlight reel of them.

Also, Fast Five is the only really great one of these, with the following ones being significant steps down each time. Maybe F. Gary Gray can bring things back up, but his record is pretty mixed.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Uhhhhhh

Um

Seriously???

There's also the possibility that it looks bad (I think it looks pretty bad).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saw the poster for this cool looking vampire movie in the Posters thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT6PxFxp0TI

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Peanut President posted:

They also reflect the commenters views

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rough Lobster posted:

There's also the possibility that it looks bad (I think it looks pretty bad).

It's kind of weird to get so worked up about a trailer for a movie that you (the general you) might not like that you leave angry comments on its youtube though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Powaqoatse posted:

It's kind of weird to get so worked up about a trailer for a movie that you (the general you) might not like that you leave angry comments on its youtube though.

Welcome to the internet. Are you new here?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Indolent Bastard posted:

Welcome to the internet. Are you new here?

Not unusual, that's true, but still weird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/wonderwomanfilm/status/840313963699101696

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*runs into thread, panting* more like BLUNDER woman.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I like that high fantasy setting

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Stupid women, stealing from us men... *Squints* Saving Private Ryan.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And here is the WW trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLzqh7rZ-U

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This seems very limp coming after the Atomic Blonde trailer. I can already sense the pacing issues in the movie where they don't get to the core conflict until like an hour into it, and I sorta wish that the movie just stayed on Themiscyra or cut it out entirely (or relegated it to like a 5 minute flashback).

But Gal Gadot was fun in the F&F movies and I hope this doesn't negatively impact her career.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Theme remains awesome however. Only memorable superhero theme in decades.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
That looks pretty beast to me. I like the melancholy tone all throughout it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

This seems very limp coming after the Atomic Blonde trailer. I can already sense the pacing issues in the movie where they don't get to the core conflict until like an hour into it, and I sorta wish that the movie just stayed on Themiscyra or cut it out entirely (or relegated it to like a 5 minute flashback).

They're supposedly using the 1979 Superman as a template. So I guess it depends on how you feel about the pacing there.

And yeah, that theme is dope

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Until we get an actual trailer upload, here is the new Transformers 5 trailer from the Kid's Choice Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH32pAbgrUw

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Edgar Wright's Baby Driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8gtVogkm8

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I already gushed over the WW trailer in the comic book movie thread. Still keeping my expectations in check though, fuckin' DCEU. Here's the NSFW Red Band trailer for Atomic Blonde, which I'm VERY much looking forward to because goddamn :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7HVnZlleo

[edit]

LesterGroans posted:

Edgar Wright's Baby Driver

Holy poo poo that cast. Lily James :allears: Looks like a winner for me.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 12, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

teagone posted:

Holy poo poo that cast. Lily James :allears: Looks like a winner for me.

For some reason I had no idea Jon Bernthal was in it and got so drat excited when he showed up.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jon Bernthal, Jon Hamm, Lily James, Jamie Foxx, and Kevin Spacey? Yeah, I'm in. I liked Ansel Elgort in The Fault in Our Stars because I'm a sucker for romantic dramas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Fire the lab that rendered that, wtf is up with the compression?

teagone posted:

Jon Bernthal, Jon Hamm, Lily James, Jamie Foxx, and Kevin Spacey? Yeah, I'm in.

Also Flea, who is always amazing.

• Locked thread