Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jonryan9/status/839962412774125569

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Diva Cupcake posted:

The easy way to not get sucked into fake tweets is just filter out all retweets in something like TweetDeck.

@AdarnSchefter is totally real though.

I love my goofy ginger ninja punter and wish we didn't get rid of Hauschka for loving Blair Walsh :shepicide:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm consistently blown away by Cleveland's ability to accumulate draft picks. They'd be a scary team if they weren't even more talented when it comes to wasting those draft picks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
NFL Network host just plugged Tom Brady's snake oil and claimed she wasn't worried about him as a 40 year old quarterback because she felt great after trying it.

Nothing like good, quality broadcasting about this free agency period.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sirtommygunn posted:

They'd be a scary team if they weren't even more talented when it comes to wasting those draft picks.

I remember Bears fans freaking the gently caress out about giving up two first-rounders for Cutler. I was like, "Uh, have you seen Jerry Angelo's drafting?"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

I remember Bears fans freaking the gently caress out about giving up two first-rounders for Cutler. I was like, "Uh, have you seen Jerry Angelo's drafting?"

I didn't get that. Two firsts for a franchise quarterback that young was a no brainer.

Now if only he'd been a franchise quarterback....

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cutler wasn't a franchise QB for the Bears only if you ignore the entire history of Bears QBs.

Unrelated: should I bother trying to learn how to say "Joeckel" or am I just going to refer to him as "gently caress!" like the rest of our OL?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 10, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm consistently blown away by Cleveland's ability to accumulate draft picks. They'd be a scary team if they weren't even more talented when it comes to wasting those draft picks.

It's just like the Baltimore Orioles are. We draft all these pitchers but none of them pan out. Except for Jake Arrieta he goes to the Cubs and then they win their first world series in a century. But none of them ever work out on the Orioles. If I were a pitcher and the Orioles drafted me I'd refuse to sign. If I were a draft pick for the Browns I'd probably just kill myself.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1 posted:

Cutler wasn't a franchise QB for the Bears only if you ignore the entire history of Bears QBs.

sid luckman you rube

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Yep, looking real great Aldon!

@nbcbayarea: 'I'm doing great." #Raiders Aldon Smith released from #SFPD after being detained overnight for public intoxication. http://nbcbay.com/VrhDM40 https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/839971116231823361/video/1
Shared via TweetCaster

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

coronaball posted:

Yep, looking real great Aldon!

@nbcbayarea: 'I'm doing great." #Raiders Aldon Smith released from #SFPD after being detained overnight for public intoxication. http://nbcbay.com/VrhDM40 https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/839971116231823361/video/1
Shared via TweetCaster

what the gently caress is he on, goddammit aldon

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

^^dude needs some big time help.

whypick1 posted:

Unrelated: should I bother trying to learn how to say "Joeckel" or am I just going to refer to him as "gently caress!" like the rest of our OL?

At least you dont have to watch him knowing your team spent the #2 overall pick on him.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Santheb posted:

^^dude needs some big time help.

At least you dont have to watch him knowing your team spent the #2 overall pick on him.

:negative:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Timby posted:

Those two first-rounders turned out to be Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers, who are both no longer with the Broncos :shepface:

E: Wait, we had our own first-rounder as well but I forgot what we did with it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839993006107348993

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

What exactly is Ryan Pace's plan, I just have to wonder. Because it feels like he doesn't know what the gently caress he is doing at all.

Edit: holy poo poo I wish I was this deluded. It must be fun. http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/qb-mike-glennon-first-domino-bears-and-gm-ryan-pace-go-more-safe

beejay fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 10, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Offseason insanity in full swing today I love it

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

E: Nevermind, found it.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well, there was no point dragging it out I guess.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Today we saw the first ever salary dump trade and hours later a skilled GM getting maliciously fired in the middle of the first day of free agency

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/status/839994549279838208

What a loving bush league organization

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even with McCloughan's history I'm reasonably confident this is the front office loving up big time instead of McCloughan getting the pink slip for poor performance/problems.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Those two first-rounders turned out to be Knowshon Moreno and Robert Ayers, who are both no longer with the Broncos :shepface:

E: Wait, we had our own first-rounder as well but I forgot what we did with it

It was over a couple of years so your own first was spent on Moreno. I think you traded back a couple of times in 2010 and I can't figure out how to look up what draft picks you accumulated for those trades, but Demaryius Thomas and Tebow were your first round picks that year. You also picked up Eric Decker in the third which I'd imagine might have come back from one of those trades.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't believe that the Redskins are firing him for cause. Well, actually I can believe it. What a garbage rear end trash franchise. Lol at the idea of someone being a fan of this organization.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Racist team name: check
Incompetent, piece of poo poo owner: check
Situated in the heart of the vile empire: check

All we need now is for Goodell to buy season tickets.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

gently caress man. Pieces of poo poo.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jesus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good, Redskins. Very good.

Jerry Jones is just an old dick, but the true Sith overlord has to be Dan Snyder at this point, right?

Honorable mention for the Krafts, but...eh.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Whaley sucks and the Bills org is trash, but lo, they are not Dan Snyder.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Jerry Jones is just an old dick, but the true Sith overlord has to be Dan Snyder at this point, right?

Jones is Palpatine, Snyder is Vader, York is Ren.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good job Snyder now fire Kirk Cousins

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Send Cousins to Houston, there's an opening at QB :getin:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Jones is Palpatine, Snyder is Vader, York is Ren.

vader was good at one point though

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I hope Scott takes them to court and gets every loving penny he's owed. gently caress this god damned organization.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

vader was good at one point though

It's not a perfect analogy obviously (like how all 3 of them are alive right now).

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

Jones is an evil old shithead, but he's light years ahead of Snyder from a competence standpoint

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Jones is an evil old shithead, but he's light years ahead of Snyder from a competence standpoint

Yeah, Jones waited until his guy won Jones a super bowl before getting jealous and firing him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jones is Palpatine, Snyder is Jar-Jar, York is a mouse droid.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, Jones waited until his guy won Jones a super bowl before getting jealous and firing him.

To his credit, they were still able to win a Super Bowl after that without a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want something to read while waiting to find out <your coveted free agent> signed with <Hitler>?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...m=.ec951402b14f

quote:

National Football League teams violated federal laws governing prescription drugs, disregarded guidance from the Drug Enforcement Administration on how to store, track, transport and distribute controlled substances, and plied their players with powerful painkillers and anti-inflammatories each season, according to sealed court documents contained in a federal lawsuit filed by former players.

At times, team medical staff displayed a cavalier attitude toward federal guidelines that govern dispensing medicine. In August 2009, for example, Paul Sparling, the Cincinnati Bengals’ head trainer, wrote in an email: “Can you have your office fax a copy of your DEA certificate to me? I need it for my records when the NFL ‘pill counters’ come to see if we are doing things right. Don’t worry, I’m pretty good at keeping them off the trail!”

The material was collected by the players’ attorneys as part of the discovery process in the case. The attorneys redacted large portions of the 127-page complaint because both parties had agreed to do so under a court-approved protective order, sealing it from public view. The Post was able to review the redacted information due to an apparent technical error in the filing process, but not some of the supporting exhibits and documents.

In the calendar year of 2012, for example, the average team prescribed nearly 5,777 doses of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and 2,213 doses of controlled medications to its players, according to a March 2013 internal document from Lawrence Brown, the NFL-employed medical adviser who oversees its drug issues.

Those numbers could average out to about 6-7 pain pills or injections a week per player over the course of a typical NFL season, but sports medicine experts noted that it’s unlikely the drugs were distributed evenly over the entire roster, and just as unlikely that team logs represent the full extent of medications players seek out to manage pain.

Bud Carpenter, the Buffalo Bills’ longtime trainer, “admitted under oath that he witnessed team doctors give players injections of prescription medications without telling them what the drug was they were receiving or its side effects. . . . He further testified that doctors provided prescription medications at places other than where they were allowed to do so in violation of federal and state laws.”

• Locked thread