Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The Forrest Bounce is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zakharov posted:

The Forrest Bounce is actually good.

Ban this sick filth

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
faze clan presents major league jeopardy montage: what is drat son where did you find this?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Need a montage of all the 2-person-only FJs.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today's final was one of those that completely and utterly stumped me.

i suppose i could look it up to find out what's the big deal about that, but i don't watch jeopardy to learn, i watch it to feel smug when the contestants don't know the correct response.

edit: i'm also hypocritical as gently caress.

today's final was a roundabout french revolution question -- the estates-general of 1789 was formed to solve the king's financial problems with his government, with the assembly ending when the commoners (the third estate) made the national assembly and spelled the beginning of the end of louie 16

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 8, 2017

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I was only off by two years. :smug:

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I knew it was a French Revolution thing, but that basically put me at "like about a decade after 1776, but probably before like... 1799... whenever the gleeful head chopping abandon started to die down." Exact year clues are really hard, because you can't like.... intuit your way there, really.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
"In 1968 Roger Corman worked for AIP, American Intl. Pictures, & he ran for president for AIP, the Amer. Independent Party"

When I read this clue I didn't even know how it was a question :downs:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, my thinking had me trying to figure out when oliver cromwell got his rear end kicked and the english monarchy was restored, i was just on the wrong side of the channel s'all.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I knew the answer, but it's kind of my era. It's definitely not anything close to common knowledge in the US, at any rate.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Todd was so dominant yesterday I thought he was going to be the next big thing, and then he had maybe one of the worst games I've ever see anyone play

"jesus called his disciples this"
"apples?"

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm just glad that Kenny G with a beard lost. I bet that guy plays the guitar and will break it out every time he's at a party.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

His tight rear end shirt cut off all the blood to his brain.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Croatoan posted:

I'm just glad that Kenny G with a beard lost. I bet that guy plays the guitar and will break it out every time he's at a party.
He definitely owns an Ibanez Jem signed by Steve Vai.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh wow this girls answer to FJ.....

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

Oh wow this girls answer to FJ.....

I lol'd real hard

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
To be fair maybe she was referring to women who were allowed to vote?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
"saudi arabia" lmao

my worst fear about going on jeopardy would be giving an answer like that and my friends never letting me forget it

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
One of my faves was when someone answered "Goebels" to a question whose answer was "Oskar Schindler"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

One of my faves was when someone answered "Goebels" to a question whose answer was "Oskar Schindler"

:stare:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

HookShot posted:

It was Himmler but yeah that was incredible.

I don't think Saudi Arabia is that bad of a guess. One could reasonably think that women aren't full citizens there.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zakharov posted:

It was Himmler but yeah that was incredible.

I don't think Saudi Arabia is that bad of a guess. One could reasonably think that women aren't full citizens there.

If you interpret it that way, one must then ask: who are the 32 "special" women?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Saudi Arabia. :psyduck:

The contestant who wrote Tuvulu was saved from most of the embarrassment by Saudi Arabia... but seriously? Tuvulu has 10,000 people.

I thought this final was a freebie when it came up but... uhh...

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 10, 2017

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

PT6A posted:

If you interpret it that way, one must then ask: who are the 32 "special" women?

Well yeah, that's why it's wrong. I'm just saying I could see how her mind got there. Wasn't in Himmler for Schindler territory.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

That was a hell of a rally, though. Of all the things I love about watching Jeopardy, my favorite is trying to size up the contestants and figure out how/what they're going to do. I had her pegged as the easy winner yesterday during the pre-game contestant introductions, and I hoped she'd have the chutzpah to bet everything on that DD tonight. Going Full Alex Jacob paid off.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

banned from Starbucks posted:

His tight rear end shirt cut off all the blood to his brain.

If that dude has a Facebook, he probably posts David Wolfe memes all day.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

HookShot posted:

hahaha

edit: oh good there's video

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 10, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jessica looks just like Emma Stone.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Amazingly easy Final if you've read the Bible even once

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jessica looks just like Emma Stone.

Yesh in the same way that she doesn't at all?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

zakharov posted:

Amazingly easy Final if you've read the Bible even once

I missed it because a storm knocked the power out. Did anyone get it right?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I missed it because a storm knocked the power out. Did anyone get it right?

Yeah they all did.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOp03rRM6Pw

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I love watching Trebek try to feign human empathy so much

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kathy: "I need a loving drink."

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
I love the current champion. He looks just like Bud Frump. (look it up... from a really old musical)

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS
"This name of the hypnotist from the novel 'Trilby' now means anyone with a sinister ability to sway people."

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That was amazing and really underscored the fact that she was the Chicago native that day :allears:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/844267600435695616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

on air, or