Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoaaaa...idk if the game says this anywhere but once you get multiple pods you can charge pod moves to do barrage attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Whoaaaa...idk if the game says this anywhere but once you get multiple pods you can charge pod moves to do barrage attacks

what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah if you hold L1 for a bit the next pod will come out and do the move as well. It can do monster damage but it increases (doubles?) the cooldown

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sick, also seek out the over clock chip because it gives you upgradeable witch time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ran into that one because a player corpse I retrieved had it and I freaked out and had no clue how I did it lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol, I haven't figured out the revengance offensive chip. It didn't seem to work or do very much and I could tell I was getting the dodge right

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I'm
Confused about the taunt? It told me to mash L3 but it's only ever flickered my light really fast

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If you flash your light in robots eyes a few times they get real upset about it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In Training posted:

Yeah if you hold L1 for a bit the next pod will come out and do the move as well. It can do monster damage but it increases (doubles?) the cooldown

i found the cooldown is also per pod, so you can switch between to do two blasts. i got a 3rd pod in a pretty funny way, didn't expect it at all.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
the steam download size is 50 gb 😱

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have to take a break at the factory section because i hate it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok phew I got past it but also I should stop because I've played 16 hours of this game in the last 2.5 days

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

If you flash your light in robots eyes a few times they get real upset about it

wait really

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I get the feeling I shouldn't be killing these robots at the amusement park who are throwing confetti and balloons....

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I get the feeling I shouldn't be killing these robots at the amusement park who are throwing confetti and balloons....

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a reason why chips I retrieve from corpses sometimes don't appear in my bag?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

In Training posted:

🔨 time

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

frank.club posted:

wait really

yeah thats the taunt. there's a plugin that raises your and your target's power levels after you taunt them

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
skimming this thread, the game seems totally epic. couple Qs... need i play nier before i play this? and also are upgrades or w/e actually called plugins because if so, Noice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No probably not. There seems to be little bits and pieces of homage and repetition from the first one but I don't know how heavily that will factor into the story. but if you're ever going to play Nier, play it before Automata because you if you try after you will swing Caim's sword once and hurl

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ya Nier was a fun game at the time but it is a little dated and the combat wasn't amazing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

No probably not. There seems to be little bits and pieces of homage and repetition from the first one but I don't know how heavily that will factor into the story. but if you're ever going to play Nier, play it before Automata because you if you try after you will swing Caim's sword once and hurl

from what i've heard Nier is an extremely unique experience, if a bit clunky, but it is certainly on my list. what platforms is it on ?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ps3 and 360

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i have a 360.. but it's like 10+ years old now so idk if it still works. :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've spent more times in loading screens than actually fighting this boss I'm on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ending A achieved. This is just the beginning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol for like half a second I seriously thought [bigass spoilers about the structure of this game] for the 9S play through I was going to follow an exact recording of my 2B play through like a TAS bot replay even though that would probably be completely insane technically to pull off

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Lol for like half a second I seriously thought [bigass spoilers about the structure of this game] for the 9S play through I was going to follow an exact recording of my 2B play through like a TAS bot replay even though that would probably be completely insane technically to pull off

lmao the beginning of route b rules

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hizke posted:

lmao the beginning of route b rules

when I realized what was happening I couldn't believe that had been pulled off. Other stuff to keep an eye out for keep an eye out in cutscenes for something. I noticed that there were new things off the center of focus that the cutscene doesn't acknowledge. I'm positive I've missed stuff because when I first saw a change it only lasted for a second. Do not skip the cutscenes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is there any point to the voice modulation? its an unsettling effect but I turned it off after the factory section because I kinda just wanna hear 9s's actual voice

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

is there any point to the voice modulation? its an unsettling effect but I turned it off after the factory section because I kinda just wanna hear 9s's actual voice

Nope lol, at least not that I've seen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried Drakengard 1 today it was terrible.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

got the game yesterday, finally got some quality time with it

wish I could not have lock on and the expanded enemy moveset hard has without dieing in two hits.

Also they knock the soundtrack out of the park goddam. I was worried since I didn't really feelthe so yhe from the demo but every other song has just been great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the soundtrack is also really good because there are parts where I thought it was broken because I was doing totally badass poo poo but the music was still this sedate warbling and after two or three times of that happening I was like Oh Duh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I dont really understand the No Lock On on hard. I feel like lock on is useless 99% of the time except in like one or two boss battles, so it would be really nice to have it for those certain times considering I died loving like 4 times in a row on, no joke, the ending A fight with Eve, because in the final phase while youre standing up after the system stun, the camera does this lugubrious sky tilt and shake, to simulate you getting up, but during this like 1 second animation, Eve is queuing up their next attack, so I got killed without recourse by offscreen bullets while I was unable to control my character or camera 4 times in a row, with all the load times and boss fight I had to go through each time, and I almost snapped my controller in half. But you can shoot with the pod and try to disrupt it but it was just a total crapshoot without lock on

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had no idea there was a lock on at all

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

these robots put on the best rendition of Romeo and Juliet ever imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game gets totally crazy when it goes dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't even believe how much they went in on the music. The songs themselves are so so good, I was stunned that there are chiptune versions of like 95 percent of the music that transfers in seamlessly during hacks, and that there are seemingly unique tracks that are for specific side quests.

• Locked thread