Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
that's the democrats genius plan, just become the GOP in every conceivable way, checkmate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

that's the democrats genius plan, just become the GOP in every conceivable way, checkmate

I mean that's what they've been doing for 40 years now and look where it's got them!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Obamacare is mediocre, and nonexistent in lovely Republican states that gutted it immediately, but it's also doubtlessly saved thousands of lives. Too bad millions of horrible morons think healthcare is a "privilege", which is basically social cruelty. People are bad.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

It's an interesting experiment in just how little you can deviate from the wishes of the ultra-wealthy and still distinguish yourself from the people who will give them everything they want. Hillary's failure is slightly hopeful in that there may actually be a limit to what they can get away with.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's always funny to see GOP ideas become things they claim to hate because the other side compromised and accepted them. The most aggregators example if this is still cap and trade which is loving awful but became something the GOP hated (for the wrong reasons) after the left finally agreed to try it

Anyways, Obamacare was better than no Obamacare despite being a love letter to insurance providers. The current GOP plan is pretty much worse than nothing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Not much of an Anime guy (although the original Ghost in the Shell was really good) but this character comparison between the 1995 movie Major and the recent 'New Movie' anime Major made me chuckle.

1995:

2015:

Hahah, the gently caress?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
https://www.facebook.com/CreepReevon/videos/597832440421358/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The smell of urine is the smell of civilisation. Ancient man built the first cities so be could have somewhere to piss. The fertile crescent, the cradle of civilization, was an gargantuan toilet.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 10, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hayter's Snake voice getting to the point that it sounded like he was gargling charcoal and glass shards will never stop being funny.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
hey buddy why don't u piss a day in my pants

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

also La La Land is good.

Went to see it with the girlfriend. There were only 4 people in the audience, including us.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hahah, the gently caress?

Who knows.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

The smell of urine is the smell of civilisation. Ancient man made built the first cities so be could have somewhere to piss. The fertile crescent, the cradle of civilization, was an gargantuan toilet.

One of my favorite passages of Blood Meridian is where they make gun powder by mixing their piss with sulfur.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

"gently caress off Fallout"

I liked MGS4 quite a bit. It's no more a movie over a game than 3 was, and you get to have a big robot battle.
The level where you have to tail that one guy through the streets was bullshit though.

BROTHER!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Also I found out this year that if your company reimburses you for expenses and they put it on your paycheck they count it as income L which you have to pay taxes on. Sneaky corporate fucks

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Timby posted:

Hayter's Snake voice getting to the point that it sounded like he was gargling charcoal and glass shards will never stop being funny.

Broken glass or no Im still a little sad he got canned and replaced with sutherland for 5

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Broken glass or no Im still a little sad he got canned and replaced with sutherland for 5

I wouldn't have minded it if they hadn't realized too late that Sutherland was going to cost a lot of money, so instead of paying him more they just turned Snake into a mute.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
When I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on this morning, my dad was swinging his arms around in wide concentric circles. "I'll teach you to fear the windmill," he said to me. The doctor says he has pneumonia

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Can he do a back flip? Can anyone here do a back flip?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Death By The Blues posted:

I can stand very still while someone else does a back flip, and if I understand relativity correctly then I think that counts.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Anonymous Robot posted:

When I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on this morning, my dad was swinging his arms around in wide concentric circles. "I'll teach you to fear the windmill," he said to me. The doctor says he has pneumonia

This reads like something from a David Lynch movie. Like, this wouldn't feel at all out of place in Inland Empire.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

I can do one off the roof of my house onto a friend who's laying on a table.

Also, a co-worker I usually like fine gave the most horrific review of Get Out and now I feel awkward around him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Glamorama26 posted:

Also, a co-worker I usually like fine gave the most horrific review of Get Out and now I feel awkward around him.

Don't bury the lede

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Glamorama26 posted:

Go on.

Really enjoyed Get Out. Did it make him feel uncomfortable?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Go on.

Really enjoyed Get Out. Did it make him feel uncomfortable?

He thought the film was a form of "bullshit affirmative action" and thinks black people have it easy as hell and the film was just "whining", he was noticeably getting worked up over it. It was a bizarre almost public rage breakdown.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Right...

Is he a white male?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Haha wow. That reaction is AWESOME.

Buy him Get Out on bluray for Christmas.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Oh yeah. He likes the guy from Staind's solo country project so maybe I should've known he was an rear end in a top hat all along.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Should I see Get Out as a matinee tomorrow or at night on Saturday?
The price of a matinee is more appealing but seems like a crowded night theater movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
It's definitely a crowd movie, go for that.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Should have responded with the "no..no.no..NO.no" etc.... as white male tears form in your eyes.

Yea, I saw the film with a ton of minorities. Loved the reactions.

My self hating white room mate was writhing a lot and groaning throughout.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Glamorama26 posted:

Oh yeah. He likes the guy from Staind's solo country project so maybe I should've known he was an rear end in a top hat all along.

It's been a while...

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

See Get Out with the biggest crowd you can.

Schwarzwald posted:

I can stand very still while someone else does a back flip, and if I understand relativity correctly then I think that counts.

Like so much in life, it's all about your frame of reference.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Should have responded with the "no..no.no..NO.no" etc.... as white male tears form in your eyes.

Yea, I saw the film with a ton of minorities. Loved the reactions.

My self hating white room mate was writhing a lot and groaning throughout.

When that one guy was talking about the pendulum I crawled entirely into my own body and suffocated to death

Great movie

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Film just needed more dutch angles, that would have been nice.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Anonymous Robot posted:

You should look into getting this post published.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, in an art gallery

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Seriously, it's like bizarro Jack Handey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I'm glad that shot has become a Thing on Twitter, because drat- the skill of the actress pulling off those facial changes, and Jordan Peele knowing she can and just holding the camera on her, that's so good.

• Locked thread