Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Strangely, I actually really like Unown despite how useless it is. I've liked it since Gen 2. There is a buddy out there for every type of Pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

if you forget dunsparce that's your problem really

Dunsparce is the Farfetch'd of gen II and has always been one of the gen's most memorable mons

Kurks
Feb 25, 2006

While working on livingdex Cherrim was the obscure one. Apparently it has a sun form too. Thanks bulbapedia.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/pokedex_ebooks/status/839717395824439297

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I am trying to come up with a good Super Battle Tree Singles team involving my boy Garchomp because goddamnit he is a special bestfriend and he WILL have all the ribbons. Here's what I've got, any ideas for tweaks?

Tapu Koko. -atk/+speed. Wise Glasses.
Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, HP Ice, Calm Mind

Mega Charizard Y. -atk/+speed.
Heat Wave, Air Slash, Solar Beam, Protect

The God drat Juggernaut (Garchomp). -spa/+speed. Life Orb. Rough Skin.
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

I think this combo is pretty good for covering each other's weaknesses. Probably gonna swap Heat Wave for Flamethrower because a miss cost me my streak last night in the mid 30s. I was hoping Charizard's presence would stop every second team from having Froslass but no dice, she continues to be the most common Pokemon in the world as long as Garchomp is on my team.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
alright it's time to settle this

https://www.sporcle.com/games/SecondPlaceEagle/allpokemon

the answer is whichever one everyone misses the most

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Countblanc posted:

Basculin is a hero in smogon Randoms, choice band adaptability aqua jets save lives

Doing a bunch of Random Battles gives you a weird view of a lot of semi-obscure pokemon.

Sigilyph's set in Random Battle is Magic Guard (prevents damage from all non-attack sources) + Flame Orb, and then Psycho Shift (to pass its burn to any physical attackers that switch in), Cosmic Power (boosts both defenses), Stored Power (gets more powerful the more positive stat boosts you have), and Roost (to heal up what damage you manage to get on it). If you don't have a Dark-type and don't kill it quickly, it becomes unkillable and starts OHKOing everything you throw out with a 200+ power STAB Stored Power. Lilligant is similar, in that it'll Sleep Powder, and then Quiver Dance until it sweeps you.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 9, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Doing a bunch of Random Battles gives you a weird view of a lot of semi-obscure pokemon. Sigilyph and Lilligant are frequently nigh-unstoppable destroyers if you aren't able to answer them *immediately*.

Sigilyph is one of my secret favorites not really because of the design, but because it is the best Stored Power Pokémon in the game.
Magic Coat + Cosmic Power/Stored Power/Psycho Shift/Roost + Flame Orb is such an amazingly dickish set.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Reinanigans posted:

Where's my Mega Crobat with Merciless/Aerialate, 30 more in attack, 20 more in speed, and 25 and 25 in the defenses?

HUH, GAME FREAK?!
Mega Farfetch'd with Fighting/Flying typing and a Sniper+Stick ability :argh:

Also, Mega Meloetta with Fairy typing and Pixilate b/c I like its gimmick, and it'd probably still be a worse Aegislash.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the mega stone info and glad to see sane folks defending maractus, the adorable dancing cactus who's overjoyed just to be alive.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

alright it's time to settle this

https://www.sporcle.com/games/SecondPlaceEagle/allpokemon

the answer is whichever one everyone misses the most

I only got 94 :negative:

But I swear I can name all of them if I see pictures. Turns out gens 3-5 are super forgettable besides the legends starters and mythicals.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hrist posted:

I only got 94 :negative:

But I swear I can name all of them if I see pictures. Turns out gens 3-5 are super forgettable besides the legends starters and mythicals.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/wartjr2373/all_802_pokemon_quiz

i didn't link it tho cause having the pictures makes it too easy imo

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I got a hundred and something teen, forget how many exactly.

148 second time round, and I forgot a fair few from first time, too :v:.

Gen IV seems to be the biggest hole in my brain, followed by gens II and III.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Sigilyph is one of my secret favorites not really because of the design, but because it is the best Stored Power Pokémon in the game.
Magic Coat + Cosmic Power/Stored Power/Psycho Shift/Roost + Flame Orb is such an amazingly dickish set.
I finally got a usable one after oh so many breeding attempts. It performs... shockingly well for such a weird gimmick. In Doubles I like sending it out with A.Ninetales for support, because no one ever targets Sigilyph until it's too late. Guy I played the other day clearly had no idea what the hell I was doing, and by the time he realized, not even Charizard X could save him. Thus bringing me one step closer to my sandstorm dream team that contains no Rock, Ground, or Steel types.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4108/
Sign-ups for the next online competition(/mega stone giveaway) started today.

Diet Poison posted:

I am trying to come up with a good Super Battle Tree Singles team involving my boy Garchomp because goddamnit he is a special bestfriend and he WILL have all the ribbons. Here's what I've got, any ideas for tweaks?

Tapu Koko. -atk/+speed. Wise Glasses.
Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, HP Ice, Calm Mind

Mega Charizard Y. -atk/+speed.
Heat Wave, Air Slash, Solar Beam, Protect

The God drat Juggernaut (Garchomp). -spa/+speed. Life Orb. Rough Skin.
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab

I think this combo is pretty good for covering each other's weaknesses. Probably gonna swap Heat Wave for Flamethrower because a miss cost me my streak last night in the mid 30s. I was hoping Charizard's presence would stop every second team from having Froslass but no dice, she continues to be the most common Pokemon in the world as long as Garchomp is on my team.

Life Orb and Volt Switch/U-Turn instead of Calm Mind for Tapu Koko is one of my Battle Tree staples. For more ideas you could also look at all the stats for the previous online competition. Garchomp and Tapu Koko were the #1 and #2 respectively (mega stones weren't allowed): https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4105/

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guzma you done hosed up so hard I'd tear a warp portal out of your rear end in a top hat.

Lusamine, I'm coming for you.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Dizz posted:

Unown, Mr.Mime

I'm waiting for Mime Sr. One of these days...

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I guess the DLC codes for those mega stones haven't been posted yet in the News feed section at Poke Global Link?

I see the results of the competition but no link to the code, did I miss something?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you participated or want cloned stones:

Silver Falcon posted:

I wasn't able to find them myself. I dug everywhere on the website, but here's a link:

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

For folks who didn't get to do the competition but want the Megastones, pop into the Discord channel linked in the OP! There are several people there who said they would dupe them for folks, myself included.

Otherwise: April

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

To reiterate: the GL website is hot garbage. Thankfully I don't give a poo poo about Pidgeot and Steelix, and I can ignore the next competition to focus on leveling these jerks to 100.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Is there a way to get Heracronite in Sun/Moon? Mega Heracross was my fav sweeper in OR, and I'd love to use one again.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Is there a way to get Heracronite in Sun/Moon? Mega Heracross was my fav sweeper in OR, and I'd love to use one again.

Not yet. It'll probably be introduced in the same manner as other mega stones for Pokémon not found in Alola.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The Zombie Guy posted:

Some fucker on the battle tree got one!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

FishBulb posted:

Some fucker on the battle tree got one!

Some fuckers also had Intimidate Incineroar and used to have Shell Smash Kommo-o.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hrist posted:

If you participated or want cloned stones:

Otherwise: April

Wow, I feel kinda duped on that competiton! It was such a pain to set all that noise up too

From what I hear there's supposed to be a code you use via Mystery Gift, but no idea where that is

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I constantly lose at 48/49 wins in the tree. I dunno but I can't seem to get Mimikyu to do poo poo. Dragonite is a monster but then something dumb comes along and kills me. Really sad.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

What's a good use for a bottle cap? I've got a few in my inventory, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
I've got a Ferrothorn I'm leveling up right now for use in Battle Tree. I haven't bred him any team-mates yet, but that's my next step.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'd save them for legendaries you can't breed personally but that's just me.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Anyone with a either a buneary, hoppip, or mantine in Sun Moon they'd trade? Trying to get some old favorites for online battles. I don't have much in terms or non Alolan dex Pokemon, but I can offer either a Charmander, Ferrothorn, or Litwick

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Nevermind. I checked twitter and got the code.

I just wish they would update the Pokebank to allow transferring of items. Would just bring up all my Megastones and use the spares to trade for living dex filler :(

Houle fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 10, 2017

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

FishBulb posted:

I'd save them for legendaries you can't breed personally but that's just me.

Either Legendaries or errant shinies with that appear with poo poo stats.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

OgreNoah posted:

Either Legendaries or errant shinies with that appear with poo poo stats.

I'm saving my gold one for that but yeah

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Houle posted:

Nevermind. I checked twitter and got the code.

I just wish they would update the Pokebank to allow transferring of items. Would just bring up all my Megastones and use the spares to trade for living dex filler :(

They don't like to allow you to transfer items between generations, for two reasons: they sometimes like to change items from normal to key items (and vice versa) and they like to drip-feed things like berries, and mega stones from now on I guess.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
How in gently caress's name do I deal with Cloyser in Battlespot Singles?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Any super effective special move. Cloyster's Sp.Def is in the toilet.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Uh, Thunderbolt? Or Focus Blast, or Energy Ball, or any number of special attacks from it's 4 weaknesses. It's got poo poo SpDf.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Focus sash + shell smash and I'm wrecked

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Focus sash + shell smash and I'm wrecked

Malamar with Topsy-Turvy

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I finally got my 50 match streak on the battle tree. Aurora Veil was definitely the MVP for me. One of the best things is that it makes it way easier to make switches when it's ideal. Without Aurora Veil I would have to worry about getting 1 shotted on the switch in sometimes. Almost nothing 1 hit KOs with Aurora Veil up, though.

Alola Ninetales - Light Clay
Timid, Snow Warning
252 in Speed and SpA
Moonblast
Freeze Dry
Encore
Aurora Veil

Arcanine - Choice Band
Adamant, Intimidate
252 in Speed and Attack
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Wild Charge

Gengar - Gengarite
Timid, Cursed Body
252 in Speed and SpA
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Icy Wind

I'm not convinced Arcanine + Gengar is the right pairing with Ninetales, but they get the job done and they put in good work in the Gen 6 Battle Tree equivalent. Arcanine hits hard as hell, and Gengar has awesome coverage. There's a bit of a ground + rock weakness on this team, and it lacks grass attacks. There are very few leads opponents use that can stop you from setting up Aurora Veil on turn 1, and Steelix's Gyro Ball is the only pokemon that can 1 shot Ninetales after it's up, that I've encountered, so it's quite reliable. Just watch out, Jolteons often run Rain Dance and will go before you.

I usually go turn 1 Aurora Veil -> switch to Gengar if they are weak to any of its attacks, or switch to Arcanine if not. Sometimes you can get kills with Ninetales also, it's very fast and hits pretty hard on weaknesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Apparently you can't even use the new mega stones in battle spot anyway. :(