Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Doltos posted:

The only thing I remember being surefire blacklisted in the NFL is sister loving with that OT a few years back.

He may have been blacklisted, but wasn't he a marginal prospect? It looks like he landed a spot in the CFL though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I seem to remember him having a second round grade

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sounds like Knile Davis...big, shifty, fast, fumbler, not a hard runner

Knile Davis should have been awesome. Unfortunately the combine doesn't test field vision. He's the running back equivalent of a point guard chucking passes into the stands repeatedly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I seem to remember him having a second round grade

I remember 4th round.

Grittybeard posted:

I disagree with this. Well I agree he isn't a bruiser but I think he does enough and is good enough out of the backfield as a receiver to be really attractive to NFL teams. If the whole thing with the girl never happened I think he'd be a pretty good bet to go later in the first.

It's also not like he was sharing carries with some nobody, Perine was a preeeeety goddamned good college back.

Yeah I like Perine a lot. I wish he had a better lower body because he gets stood up easily and doesn't have a lot of burst. Mixon doesn''t either, but I think that's more a product of him being a hesitant runner. Once he's out in the open he's definitely a threat.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I hope the Vikings don't draft Joe Mixon.

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/839549873317953536

gently caress.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

I hope the Vikings don't draft Joe Mixon.

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/839549873317953536

gently caress.

From a guy who hits kids to a guy that hits women, at least the Vikings are improving, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

I remember 4th round.

Looking it up, Mayock gave him a second round grade but he was expected to go in the fifth or so by most sources

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/839607969847312386

Ok

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dalvin Cook had more yards for more touchdowns but hey I guess there are better ways to measure running backs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

kiimo posted:

Dalvin Cook had more yards for more touchdowns but hey I guess there are better ways to measure running backs.

Mixon has a better stiff arm

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I checked his credentials. He's the lead draft writer of Bleacher Report, the site that exists solely for clickbait.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Doltos posted:

I checked his credentials. He's the lead draft writer of Bleacher Report, the site that exists solely for clickbait.

Thanks Daltos, wouldn't want to get draft insights from someone without credentials.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

fsif posted:

Thanks Daltos, wouldn't want to get draft insights from someone without credentials.

:allears:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Than production? When it comes to pro scouting, there are. Plus Cook didn't share a backfield with Samaje Perine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I guess Pumphrey is better than Dalvin Cook

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fsif posted:

My credentials are that I'm right like all the time

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

I was really off on that WR class thinking that Watkins was a bonafide superstar and ODB was a huge reach. I mean Watkins still looks great when he's healthy but whatever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

My credentials are that I'm right like all the time

:captainpop:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ok im wrong some of the time but im right all the time

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oddly that makes sense to me. As someone who is a literal coin flip as a talent evaluator I tip my hat.

I still think Jalen Strong can be elite.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
40% of the time daltos is right 100% of the time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oddly that makes sense to me. As someone who is a literal coin flip as a talent evaluator I tip my hat.

He's shown flashes but not many

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Same, but with Kevin White :(

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At least White has the excuse of being physically ruined.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Niners spending all kinds of money on random players, I don't know

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Niners spending all kinds of money on random players, I don't know

They all make sense in specific roles, which is fine considering the current state of the roster. As long as they're front loaded and/or short term contracts, they're also perfect fits.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Metapod posted:

40% of the time daltos is right 100% of the time

I like my cologne with those odds.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

So the Lions need a linebacker. Or three.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shangri-Law School posted:

So the Lions need a linebacker. Or three.

Piss off, we need those. Or at least the inside version of those.

For inside guys Reuben Foster is probably the best, but he's the guy who hulked out at some poor nurse at the combine and got kicked out. Not sure how that'll affect his stock, he's still probably the first one off the board. He seems to do just about everything somewhere between good and excellent. Josh Cunningham out of Vanderbilt is a guy people seem to like, he might have the skills to be a 3 down guy both stuffing the run and in coverage. Raekwon McMillan from Ohio State seems to be more of a thumper type where he 's great in the tackle box but maybe not so good at coverage and playing sideline to sideline.

Just a couple of thoughts about a few guys. If you need OLBs there are a bunch of good ones this year too.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 10, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

didn't mixon also tear up a parking ticket and throw it in the woman's face before getting in his car and making like he was going to hit her? i don't think he has a lot of respect for the ladies, is what i'm saying

i remember looking him up when deon sanders was defending the poo poo out of him on the nfl network. he said something like "man, we've all done past things. if everything in my past came back at me i'd never have a career. but he loves the game and we love the game." and i at the time wasn't that familiar with mixon. i thought, huh, i wonder how much weed he smoked? but nope. punched a woman and harassed a parking lot attendant.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Folks, who is the most heroic player to draft at the Ninth position. I need help, urgently

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

Folks, who is the most heroic player to draft at the Ninth position. I need help, urgently

corn elder

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Joe Mixon for standing up to the vagenda of the SJWs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

corn elder

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Ehud posted:

corn elder

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

corn elder

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Ehud posted:

corn elder

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Targeted advertising is getting crazy.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Coldforge posted:

Targeted advertising is getting crazy.

corn brusher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

How important do you guys think these velocity measurements are?

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/840334987958329346

• Locked thread