Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Oh god the debridement... :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Most people are used to assaulting hollow carved pumpkins that are probably starting to go mushy. A fresh pumpkin is much more solid.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man posted:

Motorcycling in shorts. :dawkins101:

Shorts. T-shirt, no gloves.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

"ALMOST"????

That's a pretty sweet striped shirt, everything else tho

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Props to the kid for not dropping that phone.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This was a dumb post. nothing to see here.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Mar 10, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
when my grandpa and grandma first started dating, they wiped out on his motorcycle and she got horrible road rash on her legs and stomach. So my grandpa took her back to the farm, and my great-grandpa, being a gritty old southern man and kind of an rear end in a top hat, just straight up poured a bottle of the stuff the farm used to disinfect wounds on cattle on the road rash

Welp, that's my motorcycle story

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

This was a dumb post. nothing to see here.

finally, now go back and fix the rest of your posts

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/ZackFord/status/839934209263349761

https://twitter.com/australian/status/840011182610178048

2017 starting to look up!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

This isn't schadenfreude, this is just good.

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/840016641534513153

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I mean, has he tried *NOT* being dead? Maybe it's just a phase he is going through...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I swear those notifications somehow know how to cut themselves off for maximum hilarity.

And it's totally schadenfreude, I'm taking immense joy from the misfortune of those dickbags.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

thank loving god

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Care to clue in us non-Australian's why the cartoonist is a dbag?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All cartoonists are assholes.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Let it never be said he was a humble man.

e: gently caress, I wanted to waste the Daily Mail’s bandwidith

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:09 on Mar 10, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

VanSandman posted:

He was a right wing idiot who happened to be a the cartoonist for our only national newspaper that fell and got brain damage. This led him to becoming more unhinged and amazingly racist, happy to insult any minority he could get his hands on. Now there are a lot of people crying foul that they're happy he died because you shouldn't attack someone it's not the done thing.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

After goanna chat yesterday I happened to bump into this guy on my run, figured you can see the happy chap

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Hello Schadenfreude thread. I would like to give you a dose of kurwa from hearthstone streamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dznwfqOt64A

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sestze posted:

Hello Schadenfreude thread. I would like to give you a dose of kurwa from hearthstone streamers

Streaming an online card game seems like a hilariously bad idea.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'd rather not give that chump views. Would someone mind explaining the joke?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

I'd rather not give that chump views. Would someone mind explaining the joke?

Nerds lose playing an online card game and get a little mad.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

VanSandman posted:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Sestze posted:

Hearthstone is a fine game but I think it's hilarious that people take it seriously and get mad about it. Like with any videogame that's dumb, but the fact that it's digital cards is somehow more inconsequential. Also lol at the guy a minute into this video who fucks up not because the other person got lucky but because he misclicked. In a turn based game with giant card icons. What a loving scrub.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Stan Taylor posted:

Hearthstone is a fine game but I think it's hilarious that people take it seriously and get mad about it. Like with any videogame that's dumb, but the fact that it's digital cards is somehow more inconsequential. Also lol at the guy a minute into this video who fucks up not because the other person got lucky but because he misclicked. In a turn based game with giant card icons. What a loving scrub.

My favorites are the guys using RNG fueled decks. "I have a 33% chance that this card will win it for me" one guy says, then starts screaming when it randomly picks the wrong target.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Have some nerds getting mad at failed speedruns. And I'm not sure the 3rd one knows how RNG works...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpxo_2Mgqg
I like hard games, but I can't imagine it being any fun to try and speedrun a game that takes more than 5 minutes to finish. Like you play perfectly for an hour and you're half way there? That just sounds stressful.

Also in ASL chat, Australian comedian Adam Hills usually has a signer up on stage with him, and begins this show specifically talking about accents and racism in sign language:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0khEZl18Q

e:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, okay, but if you call them wankers use the signs instead of words. I bet the sign for wankers is hilarious.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's exactly the sign you think it is. I'm completely serious.

edit:
Both of you watch it right now, or at least 2:30 to 2:50 :jerkbag:

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 09:24 on Mar 10, 2017

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Nuebot posted:

My favorites are the guys using RNG fueled decks. "I have a 33% chance that this card will win it for me" one guy says, then starts screaming when it randomly picks the wrong target.

Or the people who get mad when their own Yogg-Saron kills them.

To explain for people unfamiliar: Yogg-Saron is the single most hilariously random card in the game. His effect, when played, is to cast a number of spells equal to the number of spells the player did prior to summoning him... The catch being that the spells are selected completely at random, and will randomly target any valid targets (as applicable). And before he was nerfed, absolutely nothing short of outright killing either (or both) player would keep the effect from running all the way through.

...And then someone managed to essentially win at least one match off of his effect at the world championships just a few months ago.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Ken Ham's creationist ark museum isn't doing any economic favors for the town it's in, which gave it a big tax break in the belief that it would bring in jobs and is now running out of money due in part to lack of tax revenue.

I like to imagine that it's still going.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 10:30 on Mar 10, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Or the people who get mad when their own Yogg-Saron kills them.

To explain for people unfamiliar: Yogg-Saron is the single most hilariously random card in the game. His effect, when played, is to cast a number of spells equal to the number of spells the player did prior to summoning him... The catch being that the spells are selected completely at random, and will randomly target any valid targets (as applicable). And before he was nerfed, absolutely nothing short of outright killing either (or both) player would keep the effect from running all the way through.

...And then someone managed to essentially win at least one match off of his effect at the world championships just a few months ago.

It sounds like a pretty good card to throw out if you're pretty sure you're going to lose but want to either make it hilarious, or maybe hinge on a 1% chance it just casts a dozen direct damage spells to the opponent.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Nuebot posted:

It sounds like a pretty good card to throw out if you're pretty sure you're going to lose but want to either make it hilarious, or maybe hinge on a 1% chance it just casts a dozen direct damage spells to the opponent.

Pretty much. In a lot of ways it's an "all-in" but without even looking at your hand. But it also shows how bad Hearthstone is. If you remove almost all complexity from a card game you have to stick a load of RNG effects in there to make not every match a complete boring slog. Yogg-Saron just takes that to the extreme.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Foxhound posted:

Pretty much. In a lot of ways it's an "all-in" but without even looking at your hand. But it also shows how bad Hearthstone is. If you remove almost all complexity from a card game you have to stick a load of RNG effects in there to make not every match a complete boring slog. Yogg-Saron just takes that to the extreme.

I played it before the first expansion came out, I think it was like right after it released or something? I couldn't get into it because the campaign mode was super frustrating to deal with and fighting other players sucked. Low level play everyone just used the same decks and same strategies blow for blow, so once you realized 90% of people just watched stinkman420's guide to hearthstone and copied his beginner's deck beating most people wasn't hard. Except for the people who just stacked direct damage spells and only threw out the basic amount of creatures to avoid dying. I hated that poo poo.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Foxhound posted:

There was a video posted here a while back, of poker champ Gus Hansen going all in on every hand, without even looking at his cards and just talking smack while getting stupid lucky.
Those Hearthstone players would be killing each other if they played each other like that face to face.

I think this was it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C5IKS31tSU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

As shown in this Jehovah's Witness anti-masturbation video for deaf people. Which someone set to 50 Cent, as one does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QReUbe4kp-o

This is absolutely loving amazing and the best thing I have seen all day. The proest of clicks.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Nuebot posted:

Sure, but you've only got 30 cards to put in your deck, and there are going to be far more reliable ones you could put in instead. It's a fine card for when you want to just dick around and have fun, but it's pretty ballsy/stupid to do it at the actual world championships when there's prize money on the line.

It does make for some excellent schadenfreude, though. They nerfed it so that if Yog happens to cast a spell on itself that kills it/silences it/turns it into something else, the effect ends immediately. That makes for some pretty great plays, when someone slams down a Yog that immediately turns itself into a harmless sheep and that's it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The dude had a twitter meltdown, much like trump did,

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularvoices/2017/02/17/ken-ham-just-another-twitter-meltdown/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39232538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

It's even looped well.