Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

MichiganCubbie posted:

They said we're getting all six characters for free if we do the events, right?

Did they say that? If so, this would be a great month to be a beginner since you'd have a full synergistic team by the end of the month.

e: nm, i'm an idiot. A newer player probably wont be able to complete all the events. Still, it seems like unprecedented generosity.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
This was probably the easiest 4th stage of all of these events since I've started playing, at least.

Also that dude who did 34 mil in 20 mins vs 6* Rancor in my pubbie guild today admitted to cheating in guild chat, lol. He had 4 characters above 6* so it was suspect to begin with. Glad his trash rear end got kicked out quickly.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

MichiganCubbie posted:

They said we're getting all six characters for free if we do the events, right?

I'm pretty sure that's correct. I think they said there could be exceptions for very special characters, but this is the new model, and it's so, so much better than the old one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'd drown a cat for a 4* Baze rn

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Thats like $10 worth of crystals

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Mine is actually 6* 57/100 with a 4* Chirrut. But they are currently rotting while I focus on droids for HAAT. I really want to get around to them but there's always so much poo poo happening. First I put them on the back burner for the Maul event, and now these crazy new Phoenix characters have arrived. I need to focus :(

edit: oh yeah and I just got Rex to 7* so I was thinking about working on him so I can try to counter all these zMaul and zVader teams in the top 20. What do I do?!

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 10, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

:gowron:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hey was told to post my char here:
https://swgoh.gg/u/bluedust/

This is all just from playing and having no idea what to do, so it's probably stupid as hell.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

So in a phoenix team every member of the team will have the following:

25% crit chance,
25% crit damage
Stacking offense% after turn 1 up to 40%
Bonus Protection = 30% of max health
15%-30% protection recovery every turn depending on Zeb's debuff state
70% counter chance
Recover 25% health when suffer debuff
Special Ability use will gain everyone 20% turn meter, 40% if they are below full health

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Barreft posted:

This is all just from playing and having no idea what to do, so it's probably stupid as hell.

First things first, stop leveling all of your characters. You're going to quickly run out of resources to maintain yourself. Focus on 5-10 characters. You're in a great position to make a Droid arena team. Also work on farming a GW character. I'd go Biggs because you're going to be starting ships soon.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Barreft posted:

When it started being a thing I wish someone had forced me to focus on it ASAP but work on getting 5 Scoundrels together ASAP, you have Chewie and IG88 currently, I'd say work on Boba Fett, STHan, and Lando. The feeling you get the first time you clear the highest tier and get 5 million credits, its amazing.

Credit Heist becomes insanely important as a F2P player as you're leveling up and credit costs go through the roof.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MichiganCubbie posted:

First things first, stop leveling all of your characters. You're going to quickly run out of resources to maintain yourself. Focus on 5-10 characters. You're in a great position to make a Droid arena team. Also work on farming a GW character. I'd go Biggs because you're going to be starting ships soon.

If you're going to build a droid arena team, IG-86 is the way to go. More importantly though, I wouldn't chase that unless you're in a guild where you can regularly tag in and leach kills on both raids - Jawa Engineer is critical and the only way to farm him is guild shipments.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

So in a phoenix team every member of the team will have the following:

25% crit chance,
25% crit damage
Stacking offense% after turn 1 up to 40%
Bonus Protection = 30% of max health
15%-30% protection recovery every turn depending on Zeb's debuff state
70% counter chance
Recover 25% health when suffer debuff
Special Ability use will gain everyone 20% turn meter, 40% if they are below full health

You only get to pick 4 of those, you HAVE to run Hera to get them, and you also get Hera's leadership bonus which is TM on specials. In terms of kits, people are kinda thinking Ezra's is the worst, but the stacking offense is pretty good and you might need him and Sabine to actually do damage. I kinda lean towards dropping Zeb, but his kit may end up being decent, who knows. I'm going to wait for the whales to spend money and then decide what I want to do. I also probably won't invest heavily in them for awhile because I'm still trying to finish out Chaze (going to spend free crystals to get Chirrut to 4*, and then I might start working Baze up to 5*).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Malgrin posted:

You only get to pick 4 of those, you HAVE to run Hera to get them, and you also get Hera's leadership bonus which is TM on specials. In terms of kits, people are kinda thinking Ezra's is the worst, but the stacking offense is pretty good and you might need him and Sabine to actually do damage. I kinda lean towards dropping Zeb, but his kit may end up being decent, who knows. I'm going to wait for the whales to spend money and then decide what I want to do. I also probably won't invest heavily in them for awhile because I'm still trying to finish out Chaze (going to spend free crystals to get Chirrut to 4*, and then I might start working Baze up to 5*).

Those are actually the cumulative skills of 4 phoenix members+Heras leader ability :v:

Thats Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Zeb

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Those are actually the cumulative skills of 4 phoenix members+Heras leader ability :v:

Thats Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Sabine, Zeb

Oh, whoops.
Anyways, I think Chopper might be better than Zeb, but we'll see.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I love how the first thing they do after releasing an amazing QoL change to team selection is release an event that not only doesn't allow you to select your teams, but doesn't even remember them between days/levels so you have to select them manually every single time. :bravo:

Agree. What the gently caress is that poo poo?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Hooray, I've finally got Qui-Gon's Zeta! Got above Rank 100 in Arena for the first time in ages, though we'll see if I can stay up there. I'm also (finally) working on Aayla to replace Luminara for my team, but where should I go from here? I was thinking Grand Master Yoda, to help against Empire teams. I guess I could get some of the other Jedi I'm missing, like Barriss. Kit Fisto might not be bad, either. I wish Plo Koon's basic always dispelled all positive status effects, though the 50% turn meter gain is pretty nice. Still probably not enough to justify working on him. Of course, what I'd really like is General Kenobi, but that's not happening any time soon.

I'd like to do something with my Darth Maul and Savage Opress, but I don't have a 7* Palpatine yet, and I don't know if Nihilus/Assassin/Trooper are good enough at only 3*. I'm finally getting shards for my Rebels, so hopefully I'll have Palpatine done next time he pops up in May. I'll work on Count Dooku and Darth Sidious eventually, but they're pretty far down the priority list.

Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/taranwanderer/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Hooray, I've finally got Qui-Gon's Zeta! Got above Rank 100 in Arena for the first time in ages, though we'll see if I can stay up there. I'm also (finally) working on Aayla to replace Luminara for my team, but where should I go from here? I was thinking Grand Master Yoda, to help against Empire teams. I guess I could get some of the other Jedi I'm missing, like Barriss. Kit Fisto might not be bad, either. I wish Plo Koon's basic always dispelled all positive status effects, though the 50% turn meter gain is pretty nice. Still probably not enough to justify working on him. Of course, what I'd really like is General Kenobi, but that's not happening any time soon.

I'd like to do something with my Darth Maul and Savage Opress, but I don't have a 7* Palpatine yet, and I don't know if Nihilus/Assassin/Trooper are good enough at only 3*. I'm finally getting shards for my Rebels, so hopefully I'll have Palpatine done next time he pops up in May. I'll work on Count Dooku and Darth Sidious eventually, but they're pretty far down the priority list.

Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/taranwanderer/

Probably work on Yoda next, zQGJ, Yoda, JKA, Ahsoka, Aayla is pretty decent.

The Sith are all arena ready-ish at 3*, but you really need them G11, and it sounds like you have other things that are higher priority before doing that. Rebels are still solid, and getting Palp 7* should be a priority.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you want to go full Jedi, you have the following options:

zQGJ, zYoda, GK, 2 Jedi (many can work, my personal favourites would be Anakin&Ahsoka or Plo Koon&Aayla) - if you have good speed mods for Yoda this team is top 10 viable.

Jedi without GK: sadly, you will lose to many teams without GK's taunt and cleanse. It is still a decently powerful team and very fun but again, you need good speed mods. I'm currently runing zQGJ, zYoda, Anakin (3000+ damage, inspired by Mal), Ahsoka and Aayla. Can still finish top 20 every day on Dec 2015 shard which is good enough for me.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

zQGJ, zYoda, GK, 2 Jedi (many can work, my personal favourites would be Anakin&Ahsoka or Plo Koon&Aayla) - if you have good speed mods for Yoda this team is top 10 viable.

Jedi without GK: sadly, you will lose to many teams without GK's taunt and cleanse. It is still a decently powerful team and very fun but again, you need good speed mods. I'm currently runing zQGJ, zYoda, Anakin (3000+ damage, inspired by Mal), Ahsoka and Aayla. Can still finish top 20 every day on Dec 2015 shard which is good enough for me.

Yeah, JKA is still so good. I have to run fast TFP against the Maul dicks on my server, but I usually use JKA against everyone else. I want to work on farming some CC mods or something in the hopes of landing some huge + offense mods, but I'm unlikely to beat my speed set 139 offense mod. I do need more CC mods anyways though, but I really want some faster speed set mods. I got a 10 speed square today, which is my third, but this one at least got pretty decent rolls, flat offense and health.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Just unlocked JKA this morning... only took me 11 tries on 2 nodes to get the final ONE shard. fml

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Probably work on Yoda next, zQGJ, Yoda, JKA, Ahsoka, Aayla is pretty decent.

The Sith are all arena ready-ish at 3*, but you really need them G11, and it sounds like you have other things that are higher priority before doing that. Rebels are still solid, and getting Palp 7* should be a priority.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Alright, cool. Guess I'll continue to get Blueprints/Gear out of the Fleet Arena and just wait for the Zeta materials to drop for Yoda. Hopefully he and Aayla will be geared up by the time that's ready. I've got to work on their mods, too, but I think I'll try to get Lando and IG-88 another star first so I can sim the Crit Chance mods. Hopefully.

Do you guys think Kenan's Taunt and dispel will make him a decent substitute for General Kenobi?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Alright, cool. Guess I'll continue to get Blueprints/Gear out of the Fleet Arena and just wait for the Zeta materials to drop for Yoda. Hopefully he and Aayla will be geared up by the time that's ready. I've got to work on their mods, too, but I think I'll try to get Lando and IG-88 another star first so I can sim the Crit Chance mods. Hopefully.

Do you guys think Kenan's Taunt and dispel will make him a decent substitute for General Kenobi?

I think that if you're going to run Phoenix, you need to gear Hera + 4. All of their kits look good, but without taking them to 7*, I don't think any of them will be good enough on their own. IMO Sun Fac is better than any other tanks except Baze (with Chirrut) and GK. He's farmable from Ships and Guild, so not the worst (although if you can't do the zeta challenge yet, you should be putting your ship tokens into Boba, TFP, FOTP, etc.).

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I think that if you're going to run Phoenix, you need to gear Hera + 4. All of their kits look good, but without taking them to 7*, I don't think any of them will be good enough on their own. IMO Sun Fac is better than any other tanks except Baze (with Chirrut) and GK. He's farmable from Ships and Guild, so not the worst (although if you can't do the zeta challenge yet, you should be putting your ship tokens into Boba, TFP, FOTP, etc.).

Ah, okay. I was hoping the Jedi synergy would make up for the Phoenix synergy, but you are probably right. I've got Sun Fac, but I've been putting him off for the Jedi. Guess I'll take another look at him when I've got some of these Jedi done. I am doing the Zeta Challenge, but I haven't quite managed to get through it without losing someone. I think I'm close though, so I'm mostly spending getting my blueprints from Galactic War, and spending my fleet tokens on Gear/Slave I/Scimitar/Vader (10 shards away from 7* Vader!).

Thanks for the help, guys!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Ah, okay. I was hoping the Jedi synergy would make up for the Phoenix synergy, but you are probably right. I've got Sun Fac, but I've been putting him off for the Jedi. Guess I'll take another look at him when I've got some of these Jedi done. I am doing the Zeta Challenge, but I haven't quite managed to get through it without losing someone. I think I'm close though, so I'm mostly spending getting my blueprints from Galactic War, and spending my fleet tokens on Gear/Slave I/Scimitar/Vader (10 shards away from 7* Vader!).

Thanks for the help, guys!

I mean, all of Phoenix are a pretty big question mark right now, he might be great, but we don't really know yet. I doubt that at 3* he'll be as good a SF at 7*.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Has anyone seen a high level Executrix knocking around in the higher ends of the ship arena shards? I've got the ship 6* lv72 and Tarkin himself lv85 7* G10, I usually run a lv85 6* Endurance with 85 G11 78 Mace but seem to remember a few people saying tarkin would be better eventually? I run Vader, Boba, TFP, Maul, Sun fac as my ship team and have been sitting at #2 nearly every day at payout. I'll give it a try myself eventually but taking a flagship from 72-85 is something absurd like 3.75 million ship credits, which are currently going to levelling up other ships.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I run a completely maxed out/leveled Executrix (Tarkin still only g10 though) and she rocks. A TI whale on my ship shard runs her as well and usually sits at 1st.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 10, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

Has anyone seen a high level Executrix knocking around in the higher ends of the ship arena shards? I've got the ship 6* lv72 and Tarkin himself lv85 7* G10, I usually run a lv85 6* Endurance with 85 G11 78 Mace but seem to remember a few people saying tarkin would be better eventually? I run Vader, Boba, TFP, Maul, Sun fac as my ship team and have been sitting at #2 nearly every day at payout. I'll give it a try myself eventually but taking a flagship from 72-85 is something absurd like 3.75 million ship credits, which are currently going to levelling up other ships.

There's a dude that just sits in my top 5, runs 6* level 85 Tarkin, 7* level 85 Vader, FOTP, TFP, Biggs, Bistan. He could probably run that with any commander and do well.

It seems like Mace with Sun Fac, Biggs, and some others is the best on defense, but I'm not completely sure. I'd need to put a lot of gear into Mace himself before I felt comfortable running him as commander. I ran Tarkin for a little bit and wasn't super happy with him, but he's still G8, so that might not be the best indicator. I'm running AA (G10) right now, ship level 80, using Vader, FOTP, TFP, Biggs, Boba, with Scim as my first reinforcement. If Biggs goes down (thanks to Protection glitches he's sticking around for a long rear end time though -- pretty regularly gets double bonus protection from his unique), then I'll use Scim on Boba, which just shreds the enemy fleet. If someone else goes down first (like they nuke fotp or something), I use Scim on Biggs and it's pretty crazy. Once I've got Scim and Maul higher star, I'll probably start running him to start and just using his ability on Biggs.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Do people use FOTP in fights or just get him for his ship? Because that's a mad grind at only 2x16 energy hard modes that I haven't even started yet (busy getting resistance trooper for speed mods).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Do people use FOTP in fights or just get him for his ship? Because that's a mad grind at only 2x16 energy hard modes that I haven't even started yet (busy getting resistance trooper for speed mods).

If you build an FO team, he's pretty amazing. I played way back in a time when FOTP was actually OP and had started the grind, but then they did some bug fixes and made him not so OP. Eventually I decided it would be worth farming him the rest of the way.

He's definitely one of the top 5 ships in the game.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'll make him my hard mode daily once I've got resistance trooper then for his ship.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I use the poo poo outta FO TIE, he owns.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Shipschat: Ships are so much more fun with 4x speed.

I'm rocking Tarkin on my little level 76ish arena shard, using the Official (tm) Boba, Vader, TP, FOTP, Biggs roster. Currently I have my team up to level 73 but haven't put any ship points into my reinforcements, because... well, they kind of suck.

I'm working on farming Maul but it'll take a while. In the meantime, here's my reinforcement options:

GS, JC, Ashoka. I've been using JC, GS as RF options thus far. As of now I'm getting GS to 4*, not because I want to really invest in his ship, but to unluck 5* Executrix as I only have the four darkside ships.

Would love some advice on if I should invest in buffing GS, JC, Ashoka or leave my reinforcmenetst at level 60 and focus only on the main team while twiddling as I hope for Maul, Fives, or a better rf option.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ahsoka has a dispell, but so does vader

JC is kickin rad though, highly recommend.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I farmed up a 7* FOTP because I started when he was strong, then just kept at it out of habit, so I was pleasantly surprised his ship was so good. Note also that it's probably bugged on defense, to its advantage, it gets more tm that it should from its unique. So if you're facing one, you better make it target #1.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Getting back in the game. Anybody want to friend me so I can join a guild?

Ally Code: 579-399-143

Edit: Yes, I re put my name in the spreadsheet.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I farmed up a 7* FOTP because I started when he was strong, then just kept at it out of habit, so I was pleasantly surprised his ship was so good. Note also that it's probably bugged on defense, to its advantage, it gets more tm that it should from its unique. So if you're facing one, you better make it target #1.

The fixed it...sorta...in the way they never fix things right. It seems to randomly get extra TM on both offense and defense now, kinda like how Biggs randomly gets double protection from TL. When it comes down to it, ships are buggy as hell.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
https://swgoh.gg/u/inimicul/

Feel free to make fun of my guys. When I started I got lucky with some Jedi unlocks so it became my go-to team for everything. I'm trying to follow the OP now and grind up some rebel scum. I keep eyeing the 5 dot defense mod challenge but need to get a couple more Jedi another star. Between the urge to do that, work on my sith, and space ships it's hard to stay focused on rebels.

TL/DR: Should I be focusing on Han entirely while I work on unlocking others? Is Ackbar worth putting time into?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Inimicul posted:

TL/DR: Should I be focusing on Han entirely while I work on unlocking others? Is Ackbar worth putting time into?

Focus on Lando ASAP so you can stomp credit heist with him, STHan, and Boba Fett. Those 3 characters are also amazing for PvP. Ackbar is worth gearing up so you have 5 rebels for the Palpatine event, and you can use him as a ship commander.

You also need to focus your resource allocation. Credits and training droids should not be sprinkled all over your roster like that. Focus on your scoundrels for credit heist, focus on your rebels for EP, and make an arena team out of them (Boba Fett, STHan, Biggs, Wedge, Lando, etc).

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Inimicul posted:

Feel free to make fun of my guys. When I started I got lucky with some Jedi unlocks so it became my go-to team for everything. I'm trying to follow the OP now and grind up some rebel scum. I keep eyeing the 5 dot defense mod challenge but need to get a couple more Jedi another star. Between the urge to do that, work on my sith, and space ships it's hard to stay focused on rebels.

You need scoundrels for the credit heist. Get Lando.

Edit: Keep on STHan, and then 88 before Ackbar.