Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE2VniKmEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

what's the next game on the horizon.

persona 5

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Boy, this looks fun. I wish I had a Switch.

Edit: I know people were making GBS threads on the Switch for not having enough games but I seriously think I'm going to have a backlog of games to play by the time I manage to get one.

Edit 2: Give me some loving Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 10, 2017

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Weeping Wound posted:

anyone take the plunge and buy one of SNK's games on the Switch? if so, is there any netplay on them?

No netplay, and some audio and display issues that are being patched soon (too dim/audio lag, but it doesn't make things unplayable if you want to take the plunge now.)

Hope down the line we get some of the other ACA games that aren't Neo Geo, like Lifeforce/Salamander.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Discount Viscount posted:

No netplay, and some audio and display issues that are being patched soon (too dim/audio lag, but it doesn't make things unplayable if you want to take the plunge now.)

Hope down the line we get some of the other ACA games that aren't Neo Geo, like Lifeforce/Salamander.

no netplay is enough to steer me away from KOF on the thing, yikes :chloe:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I realized tonight that I was going the wrong way in Zelda and making it unnecessarily difficult for myself. I knew not to go straight to Ganon but today I wandered south of the plateau and things got way easier.

I love how even the English version of this has subtitles instead of voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTRUxzEl9U

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did anyone post this? It is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

No spoilers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I realized tonight that I was going the wrong way in Zelda and making it unnecessarily difficult for myself. I knew not to go straight to Ganon but today I wandered south of the plateau and things got way easier.

I love how even the English version of this has subtitles instead of voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTRUxzEl9U

The only thing I've had to go on in Zelda so far is temperature -- can Link little babby rear end survive this climate? No? Well, turn around then.

It seems like if you follow an unspecified but predetermined path, you'll pick up appropriate gear along the way. If you don't go in that order, the game becomes harder. I'm thinking it's east, northwest, southwest, northeast.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ethanol posted:

ya i did it too, i already exchanged that set for new ones

How did you exchange them? Do stores accept opened controllers that aren't actually broken?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fuuuuuck I thought this was gonna be a Switch trailer

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Did anyone post this? It is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

No spoilers.

Dunkey is always a treat

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I bought Zelda from Amazon because of the Prime discount without knowing when ill get an actual Switch. That thing is going to sit and taunt me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

I bought Zelda from Amazon because of the Prime discount without knowing when ill get an actual Switch. That thing is going to sit and taunt me.

Lick it in your spare time

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bought this to have a better kick stand:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXK5P86/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits the switch really well. It doesn't completely block the rear air inlets and is way heavier than I expected it to be (it's aluminum, but it's solid). Going to take it on the plane in a week and enjoy not craning my neck from the one angle of the normal kickstand.

Also the donkey video was hilarious.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie live on CBS this Morning showing off the Switch. Haven't seen a game console on there since the Wii

Fallendragoness
Mar 10, 2017
I so recently bought the Nintendo DS, I'm sad that this came out to usrurp it! ;_; Does it past integrate with old games or only new games produced for the switch?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fallendragoness posted:

I so recently bought the Nintendo DS, I'm sad that this came out to usrurp it! ;_; Does it past integrate with old games or only new games produced for the switch?

Ho ho! cheeky re-reg. ;)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reggie confirms on CBS This Morning: Link is hot

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I hope that new Monster Hunter comes to Switch. The 3ds really isnt capable of powering those games anymore and being able to use an actual controller would be amazing

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

guys i accidentally beat the left joycon into the right half of the joycon grip (they aren't labeled how was i supposed to know) and now the rail is kind of weird and wobbly, this is unacceptable

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Just wanna say that Kass owns and so does his accordion music.

I've been trying to mount the stupid buck with the horns for three goddamn days now as Kass requested. Any tips?

His accordion music is slowly driving me mad.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

pliable posted:

I really fundamentally love this console. But jesus loving christ, Nintendo:

1. L Joy-Con issues
2. Docks scratching the screens.
3. The poo poo design of the Joy-Con straps
4. And my own personal problem, the left side of the Joy-Con grip becoming loose
5. No Gorilla Glass or anything for the screens.

They need to address and fix this poo poo. Besides the 360, I can't remember a console with so many fundamentally annoying, lovely design flaws.

The screen being plastic was done for the same reason it was on the Kindle Fire HD and the Droid Turbo 2. It's way more durable. Someone drop tested the Switch and the screen absolutely wouldn't break. I'm glad it's not gorilla glass.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Downloading the Puyo Puyo demo from the Japanese eShop.

Region free rocks :toot:

How do you do this? Just change your region? Does it gently caress up your other stuff?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jimmy Hats posted:

How do you do this? Just change your region? Does it gently caress up your other stuff?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/guide_how_to_access_the_nintendo_switch_eshop_for_multiple_regions

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

pliable posted:

2. Docks scratching the screens.

Docks only scratch screens if you're a giant retard I'm pretty sure. I can't possibly fathom how people are getting rounded plastic to put gouges into the screen.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I open palm slam my switch into the dock every morning. I do the moves right there with the main character

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jimmy Hats posted:

Docks only scratch screens if you're a giant retard I'm pretty sure. I can't possibly fathom how people are getting rounded plastic to put gouges into the screen.

There is a tiny percentage of defective docks that do scratch the screens. Probably no more than any product launch, except every one is plastered all over and treated like the majority of docks have the problem.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know how to bring up the map in Blaster Master? I've tried all the buttons.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Zaphiel posted:

Does anyone know how to bring up the map in Blaster Master? I've tried all the buttons.

There maybe isn't one? There wasn't in original Blaster Master.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pause and press L or R until you get to the map screen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Does anyone have a good list of release dates for all the dope indie games that were shown off during the indie treehouse?

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

parallelodad posted:

Pause and press L or R until you get to the map screen.

Thanks!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

OK I have to ask: has anyone actually seen the screen scratch from the dock or are all y'all just assuming it will happen?

On topic: played a friend's switch last weekend, bought one today, it's good

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Katana Gomai posted:

OK I have to ask: has anyone actually seen the screen scratch from the dock or are all y'all just assuming it will happen?

On topic: played a friend's switch last weekend, bought one today, it's good

There are photos online of people who have claimed that when they dropped their switch in their driveway and it got scratched it was instead done by the dock, because then they can blame nintendo and angle for a replacement

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I mean it seems like the easiest thing to prove for a DIY website or something, just put it in and out of the dock for half a day and post the results

And I refuse to believe that Nintendo hasn't done exactly that and came to the conclusion that the material used is fine

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jimmy Hats posted:

I think the root cause is the rounded plastic bit existing.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

I mean it seems like the easiest thing to prove for a DIY website or something, just put it in and out of the dock for half a day and post the results

And I refuse to believe that Nintendo hasn't done exactly that and came to the conclusion that the material used is fine

The real test is check your dock for a slight bend on the front panel. The normal gap between the switch and the dock front panel is pretty small. I could see a slight bend making it enough so that if you drop the switch in at an angle that it can get scratched.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know YouTuber​ Blunty says the dock scratched his screen. There's not really any reason to disbelieve people who are claiming it. The rubber guides, if they get dusty, that dust could be very abrasive.

Nintendo has been using these things in offices and event centers that are routinely cleaned, and now people are taking them home to their filthy houses and putting them entertainment centers they haven't dusted since they bought.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you feel your dock is dented inward just bend it back a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Harlock posted:

If you feel your dock is dented inward just bend it back a little.

That's the thing about plastic, it doesn't bend much before it breaks. :v:

• Locked thread