Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

Someone should have told you before your multiple posts about the matter.

It's weird how that GBS thread and this thread are full of "WELL gently caress THOSE RACISTS!!!!" when people complain about that crazy person's hitlist, and you handwave away someone on the list who didn't do anything but call KM a bad mod.

uhh

I made 1 post in the last 2 pages directly referencing it and it was making fun of, among other things, people like you who have absolutely zero investment in that subforum and yet here you are bitching about how a mod of a subforum you've never even posted in is mad that you called them a lovely moderator

it's like writing a scathing review for a restaurant you've never been to and then acting surprised when you actually go there and they ask you to leave

Just make another QCS thread about it if you're so buttmad about it, those always go so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

it's like writing a scathing review for a restaurant you've never been to and then acting surprised when you actually go there and they ask you to leave

it's an SA tradition

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grandmother of Five posted:

Is there a story behind getting a permaban revoked, or are you simply not whoever the permabanned guy referred from your rap sheet is?

I get mad at the internet a lot and was pushing FAU's buttons pretty hard over the closure of GBS not making sense until he permabanned me. Other people talked him down to a regular ban since all I was doing was rules lawyering and went from 0 to permaban without a probation or anything. It's an even bigger waste of time to talk about than the crazy teenager powertripping over a subforum of a subforum on the world's deadest and gayest internet forums.

I call Jeffery of YOSPOS a jerk sometimes. The noted difference here is they don't forbid me from posting in their personal spheres of influence with crazyperson hitlists because they are adults and have a modicum of rationality when dealing with people who get mad at the internet, without actually becoming one of the worst ones of them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it is with a heavy heart I must announce that FYAD is still in control of the internet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The list is really funny.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Any stories about people being on "hellbans" or 100,000 hour probations and actually coming back from those? I'm not sure if enough time has passed in the case of the latter, but for years figured there has to be someone salty enough to come and post (and immediately be perma'd after).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Any stories about people being on "hellbans" or 100,000 hour probations and actually coming back from those? I'm not sure if enough time has passed in the case of the latter, but for years figured there has to be someone salty enough to come and post (and immediately be perma'd after).

A GLISTENING HODOR had a pretty long probe as I recall. I can't remember if it was for posting memes in the meme thread or something else :shrug:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I believe a 100,000 hour probation expired in the past 2-3 months, I just can't remember who or which thread mentioned it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

I get mad at the internet a lot and was pushing FAU's buttons pretty hard over the closure of GBS not making sense until he permabanned me. Other people talked him down to a regular ban since all I was doing was rules lawyering and went from 0 to permaban without a probation or anything. It's an even bigger waste of time to talk about than the crazy teenager powertripping over a subforum of a subforum on the world's deadest and gayest internet forums.

I call Jeffery of YOSPOS a jerk sometimes. The noted difference here is they don't forbid me from posting in their personal spheres of influence with crazyperson hitlists because they are adults and have a modicum of rationality when dealing with people who get mad at the internet, without actually becoming one of the worst ones of them.

you do nothing but whine about everything you don't like on this forum, and yet call other people teenagers lmao

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There's some fyad guy who has lurked for 20000 hours into his probation at least.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it is with a heavy heart I must announce that FYAD is still in control of the internet

Christ I wish

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

you do nothing but whine about everything you don't like on this forum, and yet call other people teenagers lmao

I never said I wasn't a teenager and can still speak to the maturity level of someone being publicly discussed in this, and other threads.

Also I complain about the same thing over and over, get it right.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

I never said I wasn't a teenager and can still speak to the maturity level of someone being publicly discussed in this, and other threads.

Also I complain about the same thing over and over, get it right.

Keru posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!" he continues to insist as he slowly shrinks and transform into a pacifier

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

All of these complaints about KM banning people who don't even post in her poo poo is making her look impressively prescient.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well this is all extremely dumb bullshit

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

^^^ and yet we keep reading

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

All of these complaints about KM banning people who don't even post in her poo poo is making her look impressively prescient.

It's amazing because it's the first thing in years that reminds me of "old GBS" where lurking was encouraged and it was on the poster to be aware if they were under some sudden "you can't post here" rule or catching on to if a thread was a honeypot.

Unsure if this will be saga-level in the long run, but https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801175&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post470189006
(Aussie guy posts about his personal life, assume the paywall stairs will protect him, ex discovers the posts and is now suing/threatening legal action in addition to the rest of the divorce proceedings - and he's STILL talking in detail about it!) :doh:

Aaannnd thread is archived. My bet is he asked a mod it be closed because he's in legal trouble. Too bad, his last post was revealing his side of the story wasn't quite what he claimed.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Mar 11, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tell me about it.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
The cleverest Koala's March punishement was this one:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806478&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post468545764

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nah IMO the cleverest KM punishment is pre-emptively adding a terrible poster to a "do not post in this tiny, ultra-specific subforum" and watching them melt down over an exclusion that has absolutely zero bearing on them whatsoever

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

But that's terrible, and they should take it personally because it is personal to them. The subforum is openly biased and they aren't even allowed a fair chance to post and show their worth. They're only asking for the same opportunities KM would give to her own crew. Obviously she has had some bad experiences with shitposters and pol trolls, but its like she sweepingly defines a whole lesser class of goon that is not even given a chance to make funny or intelligent posts, judged solely by their forum of origin or the user name they registered with. Being able to post in GRS should be a Lowtax-given right but its become a privilege denied to many.

It's really unfair. They should be angry, they can't even LMAO without getting probated because the mods, who should be impartial, are biased against them. The Lepers Colony is full of GBS posters and the ones complaining are showing real bravery by making their voice heard above the "progressive" lynch mob even though it will probably get their posts sent to the Gas Chambered.

also KM is female so its because she's a hysterical bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

KM is basically Hitler

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Syd Midnight posted:

ones complaining are showing real bravery by making their voice heard above the "progressive" lynch mob even though it will probably get their posts sent to the Gas Chambered.

lmao that is a very good impression of a terrible GBS poster you've got going, sir

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Remember when FYAD had a years-long unspoken "post in here and you will be banned" list, except that list consisted of just "GBS"?

Yeah I remember all the uproar and multiple threads of GBS posters crying that the FYAD mods are excluding them from a subforum they'd never post in anyway, good times

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

Remember when FYAD had a years-long unspoken "post in here and you will be banned" list, except that list consisted of just "GBS"?

Yeah I remember all the uproar and multiple threads of GBS posters crying that the FYAD mods are excluding them from a subforum they'd never post in anyway, good times

i've read QCS threads, i've seen GBS posters very angry about FYAD despite possibly never even reading it let alone posting in it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Alaois posted:

i've read QCS threads, i've seen GBS posters very angry about FYAD despite possibly never even reading it let alone posting in it

yep and it was just as retarded then as it is now except FYAD has been replaced by TGRS

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really dislike the train of thought that if you make fun of the list or are confused by it you are a bad person or whatever is happening here.

no other mod has required this. If the Star Citizen forum or GBS or a hypothetical Trumpposter Containment forum did a list like this it would be okay to make fun of it without someone saying "you're so mad :haw:" or "nice meltdown". Using the same logic even. All that would change is the unspoken assumption of whether the forum is a good forum or a bad forum.

And it is crazy. It's circular reasoning, that there's a list of banned posters some of whom never posted anything bad there or even posted in a politics forum and if you don't understand why you're on it even if you have no desire to post there, well then you must be a bad person who's mad about being included in the forum or something.

I'm not even convinced the list is of "bad posters". Neuroliminal is on the list, I've seen some of his interactions with the posters and it has always looked like they were just bullying him for not being part of their in-crowd.

I just find the idea that the forum is objectively good and you cannot question them or anything the mod does because they're on the progressive side and there is only ONE way to do that and you MUST agree with it... I don't like it. I'm not convinced the forum is achieving anything positive.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think people should post wherever they like unless they are a bad poster and then shouldn't post anywhere.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It's because they insist about how much they've never interacted with the people and seem to have no interest. So who loving cares?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lol yes, Neuroliminal is certainly an example of a good-faith argument poster who wasn't repeatedly asked/warned by KM to stop being a disrespectful dickhead, and hasn't been probated/banned 44 times by half the mods/admins on the forums for being an aggressively terrible poster

o wait

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Poor Neuroliminal being bullied for not being part of the TGRS in-crowd :ohdear:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

This was the best possible response to this, no one at all on the something awful forums is ever gonna grovel upon request. A lighthearted joke serves as a clear acknowledgement of the request in that it is far more thoughtful and involved than the deserved response, :jackbud:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This was the best possible response to this, no one at all on the something awful forums is ever gonna grovel upon request. A lighthearted joke serves as a clear acknowledgement of the request in that it is far more thoughtful and involved than the deserved response, :jackbud:

Plenty of people here grovel on request. I've seen it used a couple times over the years to placate lovely power mad mods.

They shouldn't tho.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
can't tell who's being ironic so i'll just say those neuroliminal posts seem hardly warranting of a permanent banlist and don't seem so bad, and if those are probation/ban worthy then good luck engaging offline racism.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZUMA6VhjE that was neuroliminal's posts most the time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hemingway To Go! posted:

can't tell who's being ironic so i'll just say those neuroliminal posts seem hardly warranting of a permanent banlist and don't seem so bad, and if those are probation/ban worthy then good luck engaging offline racism.

Yes, lol how dare the guy who repeatedly shitposted and whose response to "please stop shitposting in this subforum" was more shitposting be told not to post in that subforum anymore!!! This is a clear abuse of mod powers and it will not stand!

Also loving lol at comparing IRL racism to shitposting on the internet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kelp Me! posted:

Poor Neuroliminal being bullied for not being part of the TGRS in-crowd :ohdear:

I thought Neurowhatever was a lovely poster, but if these are the bast examples of his transgressions you can come up with, it actually does make it seem he's been picked on by a mod with a personal vendetta against him.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Mar 10, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Find me the good neuroliminal posts

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I think it is possible to post in all of the forums if you are capable of the incredible tightrope-walking feat of being able to occasional tell or simply spot a joke on one hand, and on the other hand not be hateful towards people.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
"Find me the good posts" is like the battlecry of the beep boop sperg and, like, dude could be the second coming of Oscar Wilde and have every third post be a solid gold rib tickler and you'd still be all "NO MAN THOSE POSTS ARE BAD MEH" because, get this, good and bad are subjective.

Anyway, remember that time that VorpalBunny was macking on AcidRain for months and it turned out she was a giant fat lady rather than a sexy Brazilian model? Also when Fistgrrl's crazy ex boyfriend started hassling random posters on the forum? Good times. #2001agoonodyssey.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Disgusting Coward posted:

"Find me the good posts" is like the battlecry of the beep boop sperg and, like, dude could be the second coming of Oscar Wilde and have every third post be a solid gold rib tickler and you'd still be all "NO MAN THOSE POSTS ARE BAD MEH" because, get this, good and bad are subjective.

it was a joke about how neuroliminal is a bad poster hth

steinrokkan posted:

I thought Neurowhatever was a lovely poster, but if these are the bast examples of his transgressions you can come up with, it actually does make it seem he's been picked on by a mod with a personal vendetta against him.

if by "best examples" you mean "the first 3 probations I clicked on from a list of 44" then sure, why not

but no, you're right, a post where a mod asks someone to follow the rules then probates that person for mod sass back, and a post where the same mod tells the same person to stop posting because they've been warned and probated for the exact same thing in the past is clearly an angry vendetta and not just a mod following through on keeping obviously white-noise/bad-faith argument idiots out

brb gonna go post about how if fat people didn't stuff their faces all the time they wouldn't be so fat in the weight loss thread and then await the Goon Defense League when a mod tells me to gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
mod sass in 2017? seriously? what's next, punctuation. bans:?