Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MiddleOne posted:

Rip was hands-down the worst part of seasons 1. Yes, even worse than the bird-lovers.

Nothing was worse than the Hawk people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ApeHawk posted:

What would Rip be, then? The guy who has sex with the ship?

He is the guy with convenient plot knowledge who has previously visited places or knows things that the history / computer / science guys wouldn't about time travel.

Kind of like his whole adventures with Jonah Hex thing. They can just write whole episodes about his time spent in (Point in Time) and make him an expert on a ton of different things. Like Ray's dinosaur expertise because he had been there before except basically anywhere at any time.

Running out of ideas? Uhhhh.......Rip was........in egypt for a year before he attacked Vandal Savage so he knows all about secret pyramid stuff they need to procure Magical Plot Device #42 to defeat Guy Rip Knows From Year 3000 who is now the bad guy of season 3.

Gideon gets dramatically destroyed? Well years ago Rip set up a secret Cache where Gideon is periodically backed up and the ship looks cheaper like new again after it's rebuilt!

Luckily when attacked by Bad Guy from Year 1000 who stole Rip's technology when he was there Rip also knows the only weakness of the technology which is in (Year Rip also Spent time in)

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 9, 2017

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Vandal Savage was worse than the Hawk people. Season 1 had many, many reasons to be unhappy.

What's the over-under on Rip building a fuckable avatar of Gideon to accompany them on adventures? Like an LMD except whatever version of that DC has.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Licarn posted:

Is anyone going to tell/ask Rip about future Barry's warning, or has everyone forgotten about that?

And by "everyone" I mean the writers.
That warning was included in the Dominators crossover plot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xealot posted:

Vandal Savage was worse than the Hawk people. Season 1 had many, many reasons to be unhappy.

What's the over-under on Rip building a fuckable avatar of Gideon to accompany them on adventures? Like an LMD except whatever version of that DC has.

"How often is Amy Pemberton willing to fly in from London?" :v:

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Tiggum posted:

Mick is the actually competent one who steps up to save everyone when they inevitably gently caress up.

yup

he's the guy that points out the obvious things everybody misses.

He's also the muscle and thief. 8-)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

"How often is Amy Pemberton willing to fly in from London?" :v:

Some actors are willing to put up with that poo poo. Courtney Vance flew from LA to NYC every week when he was on L&O: CI.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
So I've saved the universe countless times. Do they call me universe saver? No. I've preserved the timeline again and again. Do they call me the preserver? No. I've defeated hundreds of villains in the name of justice, but do they call me Rip the Just? No. But I gently caress a waverider one time...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Because of Rip's interference in the timeline, George Lucas eventually made Star Wars, starring Luke Starkiller Skywalker Shipfucker

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

How is Diggle going to feel about his wife getting shoved in the fridge?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Rip can use the Spear of Destiny to give Gideon a flesh and blood body?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

I hope this happens.

"Gods of reality, I beseech thee! Bring forth the primordial tempests of creation! Usher from the impermanence of thought and word, a tight fuckable body for my spaceship, so that I might get up in those guts on the reg."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And then Sarah steals her. Rip turns evil again.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nooneofconsequence posted:

I had erased them from my memory. They were as bad as bad can get.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think that episode out and out confirmed that Sara was Bi. Or at least what some of the crew thinks she is.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Xelkelvos posted:

I think that episode out and out confirmed that Sara was Bi. Or at least what some of the crew thinks she is.
She was always bi, it's just that CW had been rumored to pressure the producers to just make her lesbian and ignore that she was once in love with Oliver and had a thing for Cold.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Captain Sarah Lance: Time Bi-Sexual isn't as catchy even if it is more accurate.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Rhyno posted:

Most of the crew has something has something they could do with the spear.

Sarah could bring Laurel back to life
Jax could bring his father back to life
Stein could cement his daughter in reality so she's not an aberration
Mick could bring Snart back to life, and/or stop his family dying in the fire he started
Amya could bring Rex back to life
Ray could bring his fiancée back to life
Rip could bring his wife and daughter back to life turn his spaceship into a high-tech Real Doll

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Licarn posted:

Mick could bring Snart back to life, and/or stop his family dying in the fire he started
Rip could bring his wife and daughter back to life turn his spaceship into a high-tech Real Doll

Be honest now, who would you rather see more of on this show? Rip's boring rear end dead family :nallears: or Amy Pemberton :swoon:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Licarn posted:

This won't even occur to them. They're idiots

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Licarn posted:

I asked this after I finished S1, but I'm guessing nothing came of Jax warning his father about the IED in Mogadishu in this season?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

LadyPictureShow posted:

I asked this after I finished S1, but I'm guessing nothing came of Jax warning his father about the IED in Mogadishu in this season?
Doesn't seem so. They made a whole effort of giving Stein a daughter just because he danced with his younger wife and told his younger self to not be a dunce, so if they wanted to do something with it I think they would have already done it. Just one of those plot points that have been dropped.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

lotus circle posted:

Doesn't seem so. They made a whole effort of giving Stein a daughter just because he danced with his younger wife and told his younger self to not be a dunce, so if they wanted to do something with it I think they would have already done it. Just one of those plot points that have been dropped.

I don't think he would have know about it yet. He hasn't visited his family since then has he? Or it did work then flashpoint hosed it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought the story was that Jax saved his dad and he got home to see his son but then he got killed anyway because time went all Final Destination on him and Jax just took the half win and learned the lesson.

Or I could be making that all up from a million other similar time travel stories.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

STAC Goat posted:

I thought the story was that Jax saved his dad and he got home to see his son but then he got killed anyway because time went all Final Destination on him and Jax just took the half win and learned the lesson.

Or I could be making that all up from a million other similar time travel stories.

When they were collecting their past baby-selves, Jax saw his father outside the baby-viewing area and chatted him up, found out he got a day pass to go get a look at his son before shipping out.

Then he got taken hostage by that time assassin, and after the fight Jax told him who he was and when and where he was supposed to die. Then he said 'Hey Rip, I think I altered time.'

Seems like a weird thing to put in with no payoff. Though, it could be coming at some point.

On that front, if dicking with time alters their history, do they suddenly get some kind of horrible, sudden memory re-write?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LadyPictureShow posted:

On that front, if dicking with time alters their history, do they suddenly get some kind of horrible, sudden memory re-write?

Based on Stein and his daughter it seems to be a gradual thing. Initially he didn't even recognize her but as time went on he said that he was getting all these memories of her.

I assume that fits into all the "outside the time stream" and "it takes a while for changes in history to solidify" stuff Rip's always saying.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

STAC Goat posted:

Based on Stein and his daughter it seems to be a gradual thing. Initially he didn't even recognize her but as time went on he said that he was getting all these memories of her.

I assume that fits into all the "outside the time stream" and "it takes a while for changes in history to solidify" stuff Rip's always saying.
But Jax saved his father months before Stein caused a daughter to be born out of nowhere and hasn't gotten any indication of new memories out of it. I think this really is just a plot thread forgotten.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it can just be explained away as his dad dying anyway so nothing changing for Jax's childhood memories.

But I apparently imagined a whole handwave away so I guess I'm just inclined to assume that stuff.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Evil Rip mentioned Jax's dad being dead a couple of episodes back, when he was chasing Jax through the Waverider while trying to find the piece of the spear.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jax's dad is Savitar

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

lotus circle posted:

She was always bi, it's just that CW had been rumored to pressure the producers to just make her lesbian and ignore that she was once in love with Oliver and had a thing for Cold people really don't like acknowledging that bisexuality is a thing.
FTFY.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I mean both of those statement are true.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

See Willow on Buffy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it just me or is Jax's head getting bigger?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LadyPictureShow posted:

When they were collecting their past baby-selves, Jax saw his father outside the baby-viewing area and chatted him up, found out he got a day pass to go get a look at his son before shipping out.

Then he got taken hostage by that time assassin, and after the fight Jax told him who he was and when and where he was supposed to die. Then he said 'Hey Rip, I think I altered time.'

Seems like a weird thing to put in with no payoff. Though, it could be coming at some point.

iirc they had to scrub everyone's memory (which they consented to) because I remember Captain Lance the Elder wandering around and going "wow this is messed up too bad I'm going to forget all of it"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure if I should ask here, but considering this is the only DC CW thread I have on bookmarks, I might as well ask.

Are any of the shows worth watching now? I definitely didn't want to continue after Arrow S4/Flash S2 were loving terrible (and LoT S1 was good but horribly flawed). I see this thread has been really positive, which is a surprise, and a friend that only watches LoT is really enjoying it too. Are the other shows on the rise too? I'd like to get back on the DC train but I don't want to watch Arrow S4/Flash S2 again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here, but considering this is the only DC CW thread I have on bookmarks, I might as well ask.

Are any of the shows worth watching now? I definitely didn't want to continue after Arrow S4/Flash S2 were loving terrible (and LoT S1 was good but horribly flawed). I see this thread has been really positive, which is a surprise, and a friend that only watches LoT is really enjoying it too. Are the other shows on the rise too? I'd like to get back on the DC train but I don't want to watch Arrow S4/Flash S2 again.

Supergirl is good. Arrow S5 is a return to form ala season 2. Flash is still kinda bad though

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
LoT is still horribly flawed, but in a completely different way than S1. I'd say it's worth watching if you don't think too hard and enjoy campy fun/silliness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Arrow has been great this year, and I think It's currently the best of the DCCW shows. It's a massive improvement on the past couple of seasons, though I didn't mind last season as much as some people here seem to.

• Locked thread