Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Kjoery posted:

huh. apparently the process of fracking does appear to cause earthquakes capable of damaging infrastructure. didnt know that.

is oklahoma a gently caress-you-got-mine shithole where companies can inadvertently destroy city infrastructure without repercussion, or have they been brought to heel by state?

Oklahoma is texas but worse in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Michael Bayleaf posted:

Oklahoma is texas but worse in every way

+1

Picture a poorer, dumber, hotter Texas with people who are surly because they know everyone else laughs at them

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I blame the *looks around* natives...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gianthogweed posted:

Malik Obama's causing a ruckus on twitter.

Could you describe the ruckus?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9F8t39Az4

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

On the subject of the EPA, CNN:

EPA chief: Carbon dioxide not 'primary contributor' to climate change

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
I was reading about the proposed Obamacare replacement bill and it appears to suck.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Could you describe the ruckus?

Apparently he tweeted out a picture of an alleged copy of Obama's birth certificate that lists his birthplace as Kenya. His Twitter feed seems to be run by a 16 year old edgy alt right teen. Apparently he also called his brother a cuck last week lol. I'm pretty sure whoevers running that Twitter feed is not really Obama's brother.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Krustic posted:

Apparently he tweeted out a picture of an alleged copy of Obama's birth certificate that lists his birthplace as Kenya. His Twitter feed seems to be run by a 16 year old edgy alt right teen. Apparently he also called his brother a cuck last week lol. I'm pretty sure whoevers running that Twitter feed is not really Obama's brother.

The one that Orly Taitz got duped by or the other one that Orly Taitz got duped by?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

scrubs season six posted:

The one that Orly Taitz got duped by or the other one that Orly Taitz got duped by?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Krustic posted:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

This isn't the first time someones floated a fake Kenyan birth certificate.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Maalik Obama has been on Thot Patrol for a year now

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Krustic posted:

I actually misread that post as "Malia Obama" for some reason and wondered what kind of a ruckus a kid could be making on Twitter.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
http://gotnews.com/attention-based-obamamalik-writes-legendary-tweets-racist-question/

Its racist to assume a black man can't be a shitlord fyi

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Oh drat, that Twitter account is really him? That's hilarious.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I wouldn't 100% put my life that it's him writing those tweets, but yah, he's verified and he's also a huge troll in his own right so he either lent his name to someone to do it or he actually writes it himself.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
he shitposts all day running his computer shop. the ideal life, kinda like mordy

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

malik is a hero of the frog people yes

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

malik is a hero of the frog people yes

haha cucky pizzone frog people

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Remember that Russian ambassador who died of a "heart attack" last month?

https://twitter.com/grynbaum/status/840241710223544320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

haha cucky pizzone frog people
https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/839354458748366848

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
also a general reminder that all the altrighters reading this thread have had their movement appropriated by frog people lmao

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
kek alt-triggered frog people cucks!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

also a general reminder that all the altrighters reading this thread have had their movement appropriated by frog people lmao

You just say things that don't mean anything

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/810557541360996354

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
That was during the period when Malik was really concerned with anime "traps" i think they are, when you become attracted to a character and then find out it's a bro?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

Let me fix that. The correct saying is "worked for mine and earned it, gently caress you if you choose to not do the same"
PS I am not gop.

Yeah 'cuz people are really choosing to go bankrupt because of medical bills due to an unforeseen illness.

Even if I were a total sociopath who cared nothing for anyone but myself, I'd say that these short sighted policies damage our economy thus they harm me. So even from a pure emotionless robot point of view the GOP policies are moronic :shrug:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kjoery posted:

They're not the same?? Is there a glossary of definitions you could refer me to?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah 'cuz people are really choosing to go bankrupt because of medical bills due to an unforeseen illness.

Even if I were a total sociopath who cared nothing for anyone but myself, I'd say that these short sighted policies damage our economy thus they harm me. So even from a pure emotionless robot point of view the GOP policies are moronic :shrug:

Actually, it's cool and good that I get sent to the hospital by an urgent care doc who says I have appendicitis. Get to the hospital, get a CT scan, and get told actually we don't know what's wrong so maybe try stop eating?? Pay my deductible then get a bill for 22K - two weeks later and insurance decided they were only covering 20K of it.

This is an unironic good thing and I'm glad we as a society think this is acceptable and maybe I should just bootstrap the pain away??

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

They're not the same?? Is there a glossary of definitions you could refer me to?
yea, sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI&t=27s

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand why you would be mad at the insurance company for paying 20k rather than the hospital that charged 22k for a scan and wrong advice.

The price-gouging these hospitals do is ridiculous.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I don't understand why you would be mad at the insurance company for paying 20k rather than the hospital that charged 22k for a scan and wrong advice.

They do it for 2 reasons though; a) bc the insurance company will pay that amount and b) because if they don't charge people who actually pay up that much then they would be out of funding bc of all the people who get treatment and can't pay.

If people could afford medical care and you removed the group of people whose sole purpose is to get between you and your doctor for profit, prices would go down.

It's like college tuition. They're so high bc they know students will qualify for the loans. Stop letting everyone take out $60k in loans to get a poo poo degree and give unis that money directly instead of slashing their funding and tuition would go down.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

really queer Christmas posted:

Actually, it's cool and good that I get sent to the hospital by an urgent care doc who says I have appendicitis. Get to the hospital, get a CT scan, and get told actually we don't know what's wrong so maybe try stop eating?? Pay my deductible then get a bill for 22K - two weeks later and insurance decided they were only covering 20K of it.

This is an unironic good thing and I'm glad we as a society think this is acceptable and maybe I should just bootstrap the pain away??

Doctors are fuckers and they'll just say lets get this test or do that test but you gotta ask them questions and not just say "OK"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

I'm just more confused now. Spencer coined the term alt-right previously and in that video publicly displayed a pepe pin. Which is he, alt-right or frog man?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

I think I can be mad at both!! I have enough anger to go around.

In case anyone's curious, the CT scan cost $15,500 lmao. It took forever and several "lost in mail" responses before I finally got a receipt

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Doctors are fuckers and they'll just say lets get this test or do that test but you gotta ask them questions and not just say "OK"

I didn't even see the er doc until I was released, and I was charged 2K for her time lol. Also, despite running a bunch of tests, the rest only cost like $100. 90% of the bill came from the doc, the Ct scan, and the "how dare you come to the er" fee.

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 10, 2017

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

I'm just more confused now. Spencer coined the term alt-right previously and in that video publicly displayed a pepe pin. Which is he, alt-right or frog man?
they're the same thing at this point you silly man, frog people are a product of 4chan/reddit/youtube skeptics merging with the neo nazis

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Kjoery posted:

they're the same thing at this point you silly man, frog people are a product of 4chan/reddit/youtube skeptics merging with the neo nazis

Kjoery posted:

So, alt-right have had their movement poached by frog people, who are also alt-right? How can a group appropriate a movement from itself?
:confused:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Moridin920 posted:

It's like college tuition. They're so high bc they know students will qualify for the loans. Stop letting everyone take out $60k in loans to get a poo poo degree and give unis that money directly instead of slashing their funding and tuition would go down.

Not buying this one.

There are state college systems which only started charging tuition once black and Hispanic students started coming in. And not necessarily in backwoods states either.

And then there's the fact that anyone who has ever been in student "government" anywhere will tell you that state-funded unis can't manage their budget for poo poo either.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Toadvine posted:

So, alt-right have had their movement poached by frog people, who are also alt-right? How can a group appropriate a movement from itself?
:confused:
the alt-righters i was referring to were more the old-guard alt right who resented the frog-rebranding (spencer is a basement 4chan nerd who loves anime so hes pretty sympathetic to the frog). i guess if there are none of the old guard are here then my initial statement does not apply, and i will cease Laughing My rear end Off over it, sorry

• Locked thread