Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I think you can actually have both types of bombs out simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

This is what I look like in real life, except a little less tall.

I'm skeptical.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Holy gently caress I JUST noticed that all the stables and shops have posters on the wall with specific cooking recipes that give a bonus

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dragon enthusiast posted:

I think you can actually have both types of bombs out simultaneously

yep. it's vital to a few puzzles, actually.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Holy gently caress I JUST noticed that all the stables and shops have posters on the wall with specific cooking recipes that give a bonus

idk if it's better on switch but the textures on wii u are healla blurry and hard to make out -- BUT, with a keen eye and a strong will, you can easily make the powerful secret dishes a reality

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

net cafe scandal posted:

This is what I look like in real life, except a little less tall.

pm me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Holy poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its cool how forgiving the cooking is in this game. like i've just been throwing poo poo together and unless it's a combo that obviously makes no sense it always works

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

GameCube posted:

its cool how forgiving the cooking is in this game. like i've just been throwing poo poo together and unless it's a combo that obviously makes no sense it always works

you don't need any prior knowledge of the systems going in; its so dang intuitive. the rules are very clear and, like most things in this epic game, if you think it should work it probably does

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

attaching balloons to things has opened up so many possibilities. watching an apple sail just out of reach above a bunch of deer and laughing my rear end off

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dropping a sledgehammer and using magnesis to whack enemies with it is also really funny. love this drat game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i've yet to figure out how to use magnesis effectively in offensive style situations.. maybe while at night while the bokoblins are sleeping i could grab a metal cube and drop it on them from as high as i can lift it? hmm... To the lab!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cn you use stasis on weapons? dropping a sledgehammer nd then launching it at one million miles at a moblin sounds badass

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Fungah! posted:

cn you use stasis on weapons? dropping a sledgehammer nd then launching it at one million miles at a moblin sounds badass

ya i think so. stasis can be used on pretty much any object that can move

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

i've yet to figure out how to use magnesis effectively in offensive style situations.. maybe while at night while the bokoblins are sleeping i could grab a metal cube and drop it on them from as high as i can lift it? hmm... To the lab!

you cn slam metal boxes into guys from the side to stagger thm and do a little damage...not super powerful but pretty fun

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'm not smart enough to use runes and i just fight things normally

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

most of the time i just forget to use them. although lately ive been having a rear end ton of fun using bombs to blow bad guys off cliffs. sometimes i get knocked off with them as well, though, which is just as funny. this game is a masterpiece. its like if MGSV was made by Nintendo except they let Aonuma (Kojima in this analogy..) have as much time and money as he needed to craft his opus

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i call the dragons "longboys"

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mabels big day posted:

i'm not smart enough to use runes and i just fight things normally

I use bombs a lot but I always forget to use the other runes.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

smelly larry.. idk if those have already been discussed ITT but i would tag that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i think they have been but I'm a nice guy so i will.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

doughvakiin posted:

there's almost no way to use it effectively, just humorously

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is there any way to teleport my horse? i've just been leaving it by a shrine any time i teleport and then eventually i come back for it, with an apple

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

idk if it's better on switch but the textures on wii u are healla blurry and hard to make out -- BUT, with a keen eye and a strong will, you can easily make the powerful secret dishes a reality

I love the image of Link walking right up to a massive poster and squinting at it real hard trying to tell if the recipe calls for rice or wheat

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

GameCube posted:

is there any way to teleport my horse? i've just been leaving it by a shrine any time i teleport and then eventually i come back for it, with an apple

You can get it at any stable regardless of if it's boarded or not

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

You can get it at any stable regardless of if it's boarded or not

oh. cool

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i call the dragons "longboys"

can you do anything with them

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i came across one of those groups of altars that wanted apples but my horse kept eating them before i could place them all. cute touch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fiber posted:

can you do anything with them

Yes

Shoot them with arrows.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just perfected a hinox fight that i stumbled across (after flailing like an idiot against one of the stone golems just before it :headslap: )

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The monster you find in the desert is great.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought i was mega rich the whole game from selling tons of amber etc. but then i reached certain things and jesus christ lol.

well at least theres something to sink all that money into

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

five minutes until i can go home and play zelda for 47 hours straight, and die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

do you ever (death mountain talk) get the ability to talk to the blacksmith and craft stuff? ive been running into enchanted items all over and itd be badass if you could cook your weapons with metals to improve them, game seems to imply i can talk to the smithy at some point..

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

do you ever (death mountain talk) get the ability to talk to the blacksmith and craft stuff? ive been running into enchanted items all over and itd be badass if you could cook your weapons with metals to improve them, game seems to imply i can talk to the smithy at some point..

I don't think so unfortunately. He will make you a new Daruk sword when yours breaks iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't think so unfortunately. He will make you a new Daruk sword when yours breaks iirc

well at least i can sell all that crap then, tyvm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its exciting thinking about how 1. theres going to be even more of this game through dlc
2. there will likely be a sequel in the same style some years in the future that improve upon this game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

its exciting thinking about how 1. theres going to be even more of this game through dlc
2. there will likely be a sequel in the same style some years in the future that improve upon this game

:yeah:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Open world Metroid with climbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I been thinking about what if they made the next Zelda BotW style but with Metroidvania elements and it loving me up. Could you imagine ?

• Locked thread