Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"For twelve years you have been asking, who is Luke Skywalker? This is Luke Skywalker speaking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Watching "SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back" and had to pause to make this, sorry for the watermark:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Silver Brushes posted:

Watching "SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back" and had to pause to make this, sorry for the watermark:

beautiful

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Silver Brushes posted:

The force moves in mysterious ways.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Silver Brushes posted:

Haha sweet.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Has anybody else ever played with the idea of committing to watching ALL Star Wars?

It might take a few months but like:
OT
Prequels
Clone Wars TV show + movie
Rebels
New movies
Christmas Special
Ewok movies
Outakes and 'deleted scenes'
I'm thinking to think what else there is. Maybe play through every single Star Wars video game as an encore?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lampsacus posted:

Has anybody else ever played with the idea of committing to watching ALL Star Wars?

It might take a few months but like:
OT
Prequels
Clone Wars TV show + movie
Rebels
New movies
Christmas Special
Ewok movies
Outakes and 'deleted scenes'
I'm thinking to think what else there is. Maybe play through every single Star Wars video game as an encore?

You mean watching them all in a row and posting about it? Because I'm sure plenty of people have watched All of Star Wars already, I know I have with the exception of the Christmas Special, and I've seen plenty of clips of that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I would rather watch the Holiday Special again than give the Ewok movies the time of day.

and it's Life Day you swine

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 9, 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

You mean watching them all in a row and posting about it? Because I'm sure plenty of people have watched All of Star Wars already, I know I have with the exception of the Christmas Special, and I've seen plenty of clips of that.
Oh and Ewoks and Droids (tv shows) too.
Sure. But have plenty of people watched All of Star Wars who post in this thread? I'd be curious if there was anybody. Have you seen all of Droids?
Not being pedantic, I think it'd be an interesting blast of Star Wars. I'm sure you'd come out the other end with a slightly different perspective on it all. Or perhaps not.
also:
Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles
Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales
Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises

I'll stop digging but I have no doubt there is probably a lot more Star Wars to watch if you really want to scrape that barrel.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 9, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

I would rather watch the Holiday Special again than give the Ewok movies the time of day.

and it's Life Day you swine

I was the perfect age for those Ewok movies when they came out, I ate them up. They couldn't make them fast enough.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

I was the perfect age for those Ewok movies when they came out, I ate them up. They couldn't make them fast enough.

In my time, they'd already been out for almost a decade, but that didn't stop child me from feeling like I'd found a cache of secret Star Wars movies in the back of the Blockbuster. :allears:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cross-Section posted:

In my time, they'd already been out for almost a decade, but that didn't stop child me from feeling like I'd found a cache of secret Star Wars movies in the back of the Blockbuster. :allears:
That's what I felt like when I found Ice Pirates.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Revenge of the Sith came out on DVD around the same time as Star Wars Battlefront 2, and a friend of mine had two bigass TV's in the living room, so we marathoned through all six of the movies while playing Battlefront on the other TV.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Ewok movies are good actually

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Revenge of the Sith came out on DVD around the same time as Star Wars Battlefront 2, and a friend of mine had two bigass TV's in the living room, so we marathoned through all six of the movies while playing Battlefront on the other TV.

That owns. Those Star Wars battlefront games were so good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
i'm exiled Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. i first started learning the force when I was about 18. by 21 I got really obsessed with the concept of "the dark side" and tried to avoid it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and I would repeat things like "luminous beings" and "there is no try" in my head for ours, and I would get really paranoid, start seeing ghosts etc...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Lampsacus posted:

Oh and Ewoks and Droids (tv shows) too.
Sure. But have plenty of people watched All of Star Wars who post in this thread? I'd be curious if there was anybody. Have you seen all of Droids?
Not being pedantic, I think it'd be an interesting blast of Star Wars. I'm sure you'd come out the other end with a slightly different perspective on it all. Or perhaps not.
also:
Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles
Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales
Lego Star Wars: The Resistance Rises

I'll stop digging but I have no doubt there is probably a lot more Star Wars to watch if you really want to scrape that barrel.

I mean, I haven't seen the Lego stuff, and I haven't seen Ewoks or Droids since I was a little kid so I couldn't tell you much about it, but...yeah, that's me, for the most part. Not in a row, but over the course of my 33 years alive, sure.

I'm sure a few other people who post in the Star Wars book thread have, too. It's not exactly special.

edit: You probably mean in a row, but this comment made me think you might mean over time.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 9, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Way to forget Genndy's Clone Wars shows.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

Way to forget Genndy's Clone Wars shows.

Those are some crazy fun.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

UmOk posted:

I have fond memories of them, but they are really bad

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Some of the vehicles and background aliens are only ever named in toy commercials so you may as well include those.

And don't forget the Star Wars radio play.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Luke's actual first words:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP ON MY HIDDEN ISLAND AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE FORCE INTO A JEDI HOLOCRON. IT'S FORM III AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I'M PRACTICING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ANAKIN SKYWALKER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SITH BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY JEDI ORDER AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY ISLAND LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

UmOk posted:

Ewoks are always good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Disney saw the success of another francise and are doing a crossover

You stole my X-Wing. And killed my Ewok.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, I haven't seen the Lego stuff, and I haven't seen Ewoks or Droids since I was a little kid so I couldn't tell you much about it, but...yeah, that's me, for the most part. Not in a row, but over the course of my 33 years alive, sure.

I'm sure a few other people who post in the Star Wars book thread have, too. It's not exactly special.

edit: You probably mean in a row, but this comment made me think you might mean over time.
Yeah to reiterate, ALL Star Wars. Which I would say is special. Most Star Wars fans have only seen most Star Wars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like the stupid Droids cartoon.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I only watch G canon. Everything else didn't really happen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

UmOk posted:

I only watch G canon. Everything else didn't really happen.

Episode VII and Rogue One are pretty good, you should check those out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah to reiterate, ALL Star Wars. Which I would say is special. Most Star Wars fans have only seen most Star Wars.

On the internet? I think it's not all that special.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

A Disney shareholders meeting has apparently revealed Luke's first words in TLJ.

You didn't happen to find a hand with that, did you?

I can't loving believe this! What the gently caress are they thinking? This is ridiculous.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

jivjov posted:

Episode VII and Rogue One are pretty good, you should check those out.

No thanks. Those are C level canon at best. Not worth my time.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like the stupid Droids cartoon.

It was a little Heavy Metal-ish, I dug it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XCe2XorcY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh my God, the next episode of Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv09z2o4UXM

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The MSJ posted:

I hope they bury the hatchet and Maul finally finds peace. If anybody can bullshit their way out of this confrontation, it's Obi-Wan. "You know, from a certain point of view I gave you your life back when I cut off the lower half of your body."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maul can hit him with the same finesse.

"Me killing your master set you free."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

KEEENNNOOBEEAUGHHHHHHUHHHHH

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

UmOk posted:

No thanks. Those are C level canon at best. Not worth my time.

Actually, the new stuff doesn't fit into the old letter-tiers at all. Those are exclusively for Legends material.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

jivjov posted:

Actually, the new stuff doesn't fit into the old letter-tiers at all. Those are exclusively for Legends material.

Actually, no. The new stuff falls under the JJ level canon which pretty much means its SWINO.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

UmOk posted:

Actually, no. The new stuff falls under the JJ level canon which pretty much means its SWINO.

Nope; the new continuity doesn't have letter tiers at all. Either things are canonical or they aren't. Episode VII is just as canonical as the current Marvel comics are just as canonical as Aftermath is just as canonical as Lost Stars, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

jivjov posted:

Nope; the new continuity doesn't have letter tiers at all. Either things are canonical or they aren't. Episode VII is just as canonical as the current Marvel comics are just as canonical as Aftermath is just as canonical as Lost Stars, etc.

I think you are confused. You need to be careful.

The current Marvel comics are DS canon while the original Marvel comics remain W19 canon. Aftermath is R2 canon and Lost Stars is still firmly in DRP canon. It's like you don't even like Star Wars.

• Locked thread