Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Trailer looks good, super excited for this game and my alien bae (although sharkboyfriend in Breath of the Wild is giving all the hot aliens of mass effect a run for their money in my book)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
I wanna see some of the other face presets. The canon Ryders are...acceptable, should it come to that.

E: "canon Ryders" lol

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

epenthesis posted:

E: "canon Ryders" lol

The name is so easily punnable that it has to be deliberate.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I hadn't really paid attention to that detail before, but that trailer said "first wave of arks" like the AI expected for more people from the Milky Way to be following along behind. Very optimistic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was a good trailer for what will be a good game

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Skippy McPants posted:

Look, he's trying okay! Not everyone can grow a sick bread like his Dad's so easily!

That was a pretty good trailer, 'specially by Bioware's standards.

Laughed way too hard at this typo. But yeah I liked the trailer and I will waste hundreds of hours of my life on this game.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

I hadn't really paid attention to that detail before, but that trailer said "first wave of arks" like the AI expected for more people from the Milky Way to be following along behind. Very optimistic.

I bet in the sequel or possibly dlc we'll see the other Milky Way races like Batarians, Elcor, Drell, and Hanar

I think they said as much

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

SgtSteel91 posted:

I bet in the sequel or possibly dlc we'll see the other Milky Way races like Batarians, Elcor, Drell, and Hanar

I think they said as much

this is almost definitely happening -- the only real question is if they manage to leave before the Reaper war or come in as refugees from it

the tone of their arrival and the story beats as a result would be quite different

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

fadam posted:

Why does a game that looks this lovely have such insane system requirements?

A RX480 or GTX 1060 as a recommended card for 1080p "high" is "insane" system requirements?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Heck the video card I got in 2012 or thereabouts is still enough to play the game.

Still planning an upgrade just in general, though. I can only really play Witcher 3 on fairly good settings if I drop the resolution more than I like.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Turbl posted:

This is my favorite Bioware game trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQXplXYxcc

Everything has been said before
There's nothing left to say anymore
When it's all the same
You can ask for it by name
Babble babble bitch bitch
Rebel rebel party party
Sex sex sex and don't forget the violence
Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad-and-lonely
Stick your stupid slogan in
Everybody sing along
Rebel rebel party party
Everybody sing
Are you motherfuckers ready
For the new poo poo?
Stand up and admit
Tomorrow's never coming
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit
Do we "get" it? NO
Do we want it? YEAH
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit

Rebel rebel party party
Everybody sing along
Everything has been said before
There's nothing left to say anymore
When it's all the same
You can ask for it by name
For the new poo poo?
Stand up and admit,
Tomorrow's never coming
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit
Do we get it? no
Do we want it? yeah
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit
And now it's you know who
I got the you know what
I stick it you know where
You know why, you don't care
I got the you know what
I got the you know what
I got the you know what

Rebel rebel party party
Everybody sing.
For the new poo poo?
Stand up and admit
Tomorrow's never coming
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit
Do we get it? no
Do we want it? yeah
This is the new poo poo
Stand up and admit
So let us entertain you
Let us entertain you
Blah blah blah blah everybody sing along

It's like Manson had his fingers for a second on the pulse of consumers and Goons. (Eww.)

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Now if only they had an alternate version where the song is "I'm only Krogan" instead.....THEN I'd approve.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Latest trailer looked fine. I could have done without the pop rock but I'm more a fan of the soundtracks from ME1 & ME2 so there is that.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Trast posted:

Latest trailer looked fine. I could have done without the pop rock but I'm more a fan of the soundtracks from ME1 & ME2 so there is that.

Everyone uses pop music in their trailers. The in-game stuff will be orchestral like in the rest of the series.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Two eyes good, four eyes bad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Why does a game that looks this lovely have such insane system requirements?

All you need to play it is one Xbone, though? That's actually quite reasonable considering the age of the hardware involved.

I don't get it.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I assume the consoles are locked into the equivalent of 720p and medium settings

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All you need to play it is one Xbone, though? That's actually quite reasonable considering the age of the hardware involved.

I don't get it.

why would you buy an xbone when you can have a ps4 though

Elotana posted:

I assume the consoles are locked into the equivalent of 720p and medium settings

lol

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skippy McPants posted:

Everyone uses pop music in their trailers. The in-game stuff will be orchestral like in the rest of the series.

Oh I know. It's not even a bad pop song. It's just a personal preference.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Two eyes good, four eyes bad.

hexal
Sep 7, 2011

I thought the reason for the disdain was the trailer trying too hard to be edgy and cool. I didn't realise Bioware completely missed the point of the song.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

If other video games let you gently caress a shark ME: A is really going to have to up the ante here.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

hexal posted:

I thought the reason for the disdain was the trailer trying too hard to be edgy and cool. I didn't realise Bioware completely missed the point of the song.

Bioware =/= EA marketing

The creative team is probably rolling their eyes at this poo poo too.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rabid Snake posted:

A RX480 or GTX 1060 as a recommended card for 1080p "high" is "insane" system requirements?

With 30 fps.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/09/mass-effect-andromedas-pc-recommended-specs-are-designed-for-1080p30fps-on-high-settings/

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Mymla posted:

Will ryder have big dick/tits dlc?

Hopefully the best of both worlds

hexal
Sep 7, 2011

epenthesis posted:

Bioware =/= EA marketing

The creative team is probably rolling their eyes at this poo poo too.

I wasn't sure what to call "people who made the thing" and my Overwatch match was starting so I just picked something. :downs:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every now and then I remember that Gears of War used Gary Jule's cover of Mad World for their trailer and smile.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

why would you buy an xbone when you can have a ps4 though

Why would you buy a PS4 when you could have a good console with good connection speeds that most (all, in my case) of the games you want to play come out on, with free Xbox 360 backcompatibility, with two (EA and Non-EA) Netflix-like services with large libraries which allow you to download all the currently available games you like versus streaming them, which also happens to be the most affordable Ultra BluRay player on the market instead?

People make weird choices driven by peer pressure I guess.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Why would you buy a PS4 when you could have a good console with good connection speeds that most (all, in my case) of the games you want to play come out on, with free Xbox 360 backcompatibility, with two (EA and Non-EA) Netflix-like services with large libraries which allow you to download all the currently available games you like versus streaming them, which also happens to be the most affordable Ultra BluRay player on the market instead?

:eyepop:

Never thought I'd see legit console-warrioring in 2017. Very appropriate redtext though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Because I can get Halo, Forza, and Gears on PC now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm looking forward to this game goons

I tried to be too cool but I can't help it anymore

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ghost Riders in the Sky was much better imho

and come on bioware always pushing with the asari god drat you need to chill

edit:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm looking forward to this game goons

I tried to be too cool but I can't help it anymore

but the cool and good position is that you fully embrace the bad along jetpacks, vanguard charges and krogan asskicking :frogc00l:

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

av/text combo, best i've ever seen

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serf posted:

Very appropriate redtext though.

I didn't even notice the redtext before. You ain't kidding, lol.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So on the one hand, preordering on Origin with Access gets you a discount and the early trial. I could play the game during my Spring Break if I did that. On the other hand, Amazon Prime is discounting preorders by 20% according to a friend of mine, so there's also that.

It amazes me that my friends have all already preordered, and yet here I am of all people.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:thumbsup:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man @dril has some good tweets

https://www.twitter.com/dril/status/833158389123407874

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

It amazes me that my friends have all already preordered, and yet here I am of all people.

Not preordering is a smart position, friend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So on the one hand, preordering on Origin with Access gets you a discount and the early trial. I could play the game during my Spring Break if I did that. On the other hand, Amazon Prime is discounting preorders by 20% according to a friend of mine, so there's also that.

Amazon Prime discounts every game pre-order by 20%. It is not a limited time thing.

It might only work on physical copies, though. I haven't bought any PC games through it but the console games I bought it won't give me the discount on the digital version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The cool thing is with Amazon Prime you can wait a week to see how the reviews go and then order it for 20% off. Even the PC version, they got a empty box copy!