Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

im sure the convo with Abbas will be productive as heck

"Great guy! Gave me this scarf [flaps kyeffah between thumb and forefinger]! Just tremendous guy, he likes me too!!! We are going to restore the sovereignty of Palestine!!"

"Now now now look- i dont know- we dont know- nothing has changed" - sean spicer, some time later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

The other proposed cemetery would have 284 lots for sale to the public. There, buyers could pay for a kind of eternal membership in Trump’s club — even if it isn’t clear Trump himself would ever join them.

Trump is on record of wanting to be buried in one of his gold courses.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just say it. Say you want to kill the poor. Tell it like it is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

a.lo posted:

I'm going to believe in the power of love

:same:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Rah! posted:

anyone who dislikes starship troopers can never talk to me or my son again

i knew a dude who thought it was too much to picture gary busey's son getting a knife through his hand

we don't speak anymore

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Hahaha holy loving poo poo

Die, you rear end in a top hat, die a painful death. Nobody loves you

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the name's balls

ed balls

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

well hes not wrong about trump voters cause if they wanted healthcare so badly then they wouldnt have voted for TRUMP!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol employee wellness programs

House Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sonatinas posted:

pretty irresponsible to use a baby walker, doctors today discourage their use because they can fall over

Look at the guy without kids, slavishly repeating "doctor's" advice about not doing anything convenient ever for the sake of getting a free minute to yourself.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

punchymcpunch posted:

i believe it was jesus who once said "treat other people like poo poo"

jesus was a dirty commie

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

a.lo posted:

I'm going to believe in the power of love

how else will we get our hoverboards

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

“The Medicaid population, which is [on] a free credit card as a group, do probably the least preventive medicine and taking care of themselves and eating healthy and exercising. And I’m not judging.

No, never.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
You guys have good taste in movies. :3:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Coolguye posted:

poe's law is a thing, so you can only talk to the originators of the source material for the real story

It's usually not the original creators that are the problem in these situations (except Heinlein lol) but the next generation that just doesn't quite get it.

And I don't know much about 40k but afaik 4chan and other iron pill types eat that poo poo up. I get that it supposed to be fun first but that poo poo would eat at me if I was one of their writers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reminder: A majority of Americans agree with that. America hates the poor, and most Americans don't even believe poor people really exist, as that threatens their personal identity and sense of self-worth.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Coolguye posted:

i knew a dude who thought it was too much to picture gary busey's son getting a knife through his hand

we don't speak anymore

i hope that means you stuck a knife through his hand

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

do you think the VA will implement their own form of GINA

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im the conservative christians who literally pray to a middle eastern terrorist every day

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!
So no takers on how the Dredd movie was satirical?

Like, if it was a poo poo film ideologically but a good action flick, that's okay. That's at least half of all action flicks :shrug:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It's just baffling to me that Americans seem to be able to reconcile being mostly christian and mostly capitalist pigs - that is sure to destroy a brain and have lasting effects

Oh wait

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this is the song i listen to before i go beat up nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"you will always have the poor, and boy lemme tell ya - gently caress those guys amiright?" - Jesus, apparently

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

Jesus fuckin christ, theyre gonna start building temples in his honor next

I can't find it now, but a few months back a black photographer who attended Trump rallies as a part of his job during the election wrote a great article about how Trump worship isn't really about Trump, it's about white supremacy. after seeing his picture of a middle-aged white woman wearing a Trump/Pence banner as a cape and prostrating herself at a rally, I can't say I disagree.

Trump the man doesn't matter, it's what he represents.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEdyq3UE5M

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

orange sky posted:

It's just baffling to me that Americans seem to be able to reconcile being mostly christian and mostly capitalist pigs - that is sure to destroy a brain and have lasting effects

Oh wait
Prosperity theology is how America has handled this.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Coolguye posted:

we don't speak anymore

SEVER

his hand

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

welp im horrified

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Reminder: A majority of Americans agree with that. America hates the poor, and most Americans don't even believe poor people really exist, as that threatens their personal identity and sense of self-worth.

"America has like, 3 poor people, but they get all the TV coverage, they're not actually real" I say, as I start my 3rd shift so I can afford a cup of ramen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But Christianity (and other western religions) are incompatible with progressive values anyway so who cares if they're capitalist. The fundamental concepts of eternal reward/punishment don't fit with progressive ideals of justice.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

REpublican in 2017: THIS IS NOT WHY I VOTED FOR YOU!! THIS IS BAD

Republican in 2018: *votes for same person again*

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

"lol gently caress the poors"

-Jesus H. Mother Theresa Ronald Reagan Christ

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Hodgepodge posted:

So no takers on how the Dredd movie was satirical?

Like, if it was a poo poo film ideologically but a good action flick, that's okay. That's at least half of all action flicks :shrug:

new dredd's satire was in the first 1/2

the second half is just pure action

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

He isn't judging, just sentencing them to death :smuggo:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Truga posted:

"America has like, 3 poor people, but they get all the TV coverage" I say, as I start my 3rd shift so I can afford a cup of ramen.
"I hope nobody taxes my estate, because I want to leave something to my children," I say, carefully counting dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets to make sure each kid will hit their calorie requirements today.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Fiction posted:

I think this vote has serious implications for every Senate race even if most safe House seats remain that way.

I agree.

It means a lot in the house too in certain districts imo, but not all of them.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Most Americans don't realize that the poor people are coming from inside the house

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Soon I will be a catalog number

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

well he's not wrong

not really that wrong

they do want healthcare, they just can't pay for it so it's a low priority and also they don't want other people paying for it because that also implies that they're paying for other people and those other people might be browns or gays or something horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The other day I was cleaning my house and listening to the Dredd soundtrack like a fascist butler.

• Locked thread