Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Especially considering nobody wants to go to the Probowl anymore. QBs just need to have an average season and they'll make it to the Probowl. You would think Cutler would've gotten in at least once.

He did... with the Broncos in 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

GaussianCopula posted:

He did... with the Broncos in 2008

I meant with the Bears.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jusyczyk got far more touches than your average FB but he was only really successful when uncovered out of the backfield. If you line him up like a TE and expect him to beat anyone in coverage you're going to be tremendously disappointed.

Shanahan keeps a FB on the field for 30% of snaps and schemes losers like Toilolo open, I wouldn't worry about Juszczyk

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

First hangover I've ever head was the morning after my 27th.

First two day hangover was at thirty.

Now I'm 31 and if I go to sleep after having two high balls I wake up at 2 am with the sweats and can't get back to sleep.

Had my first after turning 28, although I was never the type to get blackout wasted. Just not a thing that I've seen many minorities do. Also, never get too drunk with white people. You guys do some questionable things when it gets to that point.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

John Brown posted:

Had my first after turning 28, although I was never the type to get blackout wasted. Just not a thing that I've seen many minorities do. Also, never get too drunk with white people. You guys do some questionable things when it gets to that point.

Everyone does questionable things when they get really drunk.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
no it's mostly white people

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if you didn't have a hangover til you were 27 that means you didn't drink enough the years before.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

My first hangover was when I was 16. Its not that hard.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Was this posted?

https://twitter.com/JakeDMarsing/status/840210647723978752

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I've had a lot of hangovers. They suck!

Also a proud member of the late 20s crew and starting to feel like an old man.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
White people always ruin it. You can be out drinking and having a great time and you look over and suddenly Brian's rubbing his nuts on some passed out guy in Krystal

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Spintzel posted:

White people always ruin it. You can be out drinking and having a great time and you look over and suddenly Brian's rubbing his nuts on some passed out guy in Krystal

White people are called Chad. Everyone knows this.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

My hangover cure was BC powder dissolved in Bojangles sweet tea.

I can no longer get either one of those in the north and I am now old so my hangovers are absolutely terrible.

Whatever you do, don't get old and off yourself if you ever get older than 35.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

My go to hangover cure is stare at the ceiling until the pain goes away.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

30 year old deadlifting IT worker is still the funniest thing I've ever read in TFF

:cheers:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I turn 31 next week and I'm pretty sure that I can't even look at a whiskey bottle without my bones aching and all water leaving my body at this point.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I turn 31 next week and I'm pretty sure that I can't even look at a whiskey bottle without my bones aching and all water leaving my body at this point.
Sup turning 31 next week buddy.

I hit it Tuesday :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I knew I had the same birthday as another Chiefs poster.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cash Monet posted:

My first hangover was when I was 16. Its not that hard.

When I was young what I thought a hangover was was that feeling where i was tired cause I was up all night drinking and my stomach felt sort of queasy because I needed food.

I was wrong. So, so wrong.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I knew I had the same birthday as another Chiefs poster.
It's the best time.

The worst part of being over 30 is when I build all the toys and furniture and things for my daughter, my back hurts longer than it used to. Not being as stupid is a nice trade off, at least.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah, I've tried getting more into strength and conditioning so that I don't feel like I'm falling apart doing poo poo with the kids. I'll be 47 when the youngest ones go to college. I can make it. I can make it.

I can make it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My cure for a hangover is to be straight edge and tell cops to read my knuckles

Haha jk I get drunk as poo poo all the time

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I can remember going out on a tuesday night in college for $1 beer night and spending like $40 and waking up for a 9am class all sunshine a rainbows feeling fine.

If I did that now I'd probably call in sick to work and toss around the idea of blowing my brains out

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some people never learned when to start drinking water and eating.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Remember when you could wake up a few hours before you needed to be up, chug water and 4 ibuprofen, and wake up right as rain?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Remember when you could wake up a few hours before you needed to be up, chug water and 4 ibuprofen, and wake up right as rain?

Yeah but Gatorade.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Best hangover cure is a liter bolus of saline or LR, a shot of zofran for the stomach and a shot of tordol for the head. You could run a marathon after a night of drinking on that.

If you don't have access to that, pedialyte popsicles work well in a pinch. Try to avoid tylenol (you will nuke your liver, rare but fatal) and NSAIDS like aleve or ibuprofen (causes ulcers). If you have to take something for your head, take aspirin. Or just drink some gatorade and smoke a joint.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

no it's mostly white people

Clearly you've never split a six pack of Smirnoff Ice with two Asian men.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I also used to get so drunk I couldn't walk and then feel fine. Things are different starting in your late 20s.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

waah posted:

Whatever you do, don't get old and off yourself if you ever get older than 35.
speak for yourself, brother

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

quote:

JA_DiTata:

@evansilva #Redskins updated skill-position corps:

QB Who even
RB Cares anymore
WR we are doomed
WR Fire Allen & Synder
WR Crowder
TE Reed

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

LiquidFriend posted:

Can I join in? Next Friday here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

You were ahead of your time. Now that I'm in my mid 30s, that poo poo is a life saver.

When I know I'm going to be drinking a lot (like camping, ski trips, vegas, etc.) I literally drink pedialyte mixed with vodka because I'm all about efficiency.

Man that poo poo works.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

John Brown posted:

still my favorite sports story

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/monaghan-faces-sack-over-mad-monday-dog-photo-disgrace-20101104-17fx1.html?autostart=1

quote:

CANBERRA representative star Joel Monaghan faces the sack after admitting to a simulated sex act with a teammate's dog that was photographed and posted on Twitter.

As photos of the drunken Mad Monday ''prank'' sparked widespread condemnation, a distressed Monaghan last night issued a statement through his manager Jim Banaghan in which he apologised for ''a moment of abject stupidity'' and conceded ''there must be ramifications''.

Bizarrely, Monaghan said he was ''playing a prank on an absent teammate''. The incident occurred that weekend during a party for Canberra players and friends, and the labrador involved is understood to belong to a teammate of Monaghan's.

More than one photo was taken as a camera can be seen in the images that were widely circulated on the internet yesterday. Whether any other Raiders players are under investigation was unclear last night, but Monaghan's career hangs firmly in the balance after NRL chief executive David Gallop warned Canberra officials they were expected to take appropriate action.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you didn't have a hangover before 21 you're doing it wrong. That or I am incredibly jealous.

32 now and feeling like I'm really hitting my stride with Whiskey. Can go out and sip on glasses all night and wake up in fairly good shape.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I drank two 9% Belgian Triples after dinner and completely sobered up before bed, and still woke up with a mild hangover the next day. I'm 31 :(

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
My hangovers are entirely dependent on if I remembered to eat dinner first.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

With RG3's release, 21 of 32 picks from 2012 1st round have either changed teams, are out of football, suspended, or unsigned free agents.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So long, Dontari Poe. I wish you were the exception but yo done broke your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Hmm the 2012 draft, I don't remember who the Raiders draf-

Round 1: No. 17: Oakland → Cincinnati (PD). Oakland traded this selection and their 2013 second-round selection (37th) to Cincinnati for quarterback Carson Palmer. The 2013 selection would have become Oakland's first-rounder if Oakland had made it to the 2012–13 AFC Championship game.

Round 2: No. 48: Oakland → New England (PD). Oakland traded this selection and a 2011 seventh-round selection (No. 219, New England selected Malcolm Williams) to New England for New England's third- and fourth-round selections in 2011 (Nos. 92 and 125, Oakland selected Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones, respectively).

Round 3: Oakland forfeited its third-round selection after selecting quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

Round 4: No. 109: Oakland → Washington (PD). Oakland traded this selection to Washington for quarterback Jason Campbell

:stonk:

• Locked thread