Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

logikv9 posted:

who is queen cersei

Is this a game of thrones thing

She's abuela in fantasy land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

other way around, because I work with the horrible underbelly of white america and I saw the horrors that would arrive if we didn't support the dem candidate whoever it was.

This attitude is what allows the Democratic party to shove lovely candidates down our throats, but every once in a while they get a sharp reminder that it doesn't apply to independents. Hopefully that lesson will stick one of these years.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it had to be something nasty for somebody to buy you the title but idk what it was it's a very specific and referency burn

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
not sure how much of white america will survive to 2020 when the republicans pass the Trump Continuation Act restricting voting to trump relatives anyway

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

logikv9 posted:

it had to be something nasty for somebody to buy you the title but idk what it was it's a very specific and referency burn

I said i'd support abuela but only after she did Cersei's walk of shame (metaphorically speaking) in front of America during the debates against Trump, that was the reference.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

This attitude is what allows the Democratic party to shove lovely candidates down our throats, but every once in a while they get a sharp reminder that it doesn't apply to independents. Hopefully that lesson will stick one of these years.

I'll never tire of "handily losing election" being called "shoved down our throats" just because they idea of someone not voting the way you did is so unprocessable that you could explain the concept to Hugh to kill the Borg.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

logikv9 posted:

The last thing that happens to Cersei in the books is that one of her political schemes blows up in her face and she gets thrown in jail by religious fanatics and to escape she has to submit to a public shaming scene where they shave her bald and make her walk around town naked

It's one of the reasons people blast GRRM for being a horny old goat but in the TV show they also did it to a fat old guy and that scene was actually just funny

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mister Fister posted:

I said i'd support abuela but only after she did Cersei's walk of shame (metaphorically speaking) in front of America during the debates against Trump, that was the reference.

yeah but I don't get what the walk of shame is

I'll YouTube it later if it's uploaded and wasn't too nsfw for youtube

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I'll never tire of "handily losing election" being called "shoved down our throats" just because they idea of someone not voting the way you did is so unprocessable that you could explain the concept to Hugh to kill the Borg.

I admit I was counting "old-guard party-line Democratic primary voters" as part of "the Democratic Party" in that post, because old Democrats love voting for whoever has the most Party standing

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

logikv9 posted:

When you watch it, watch out for the nun yelling 'Shame!' over and over and ringing the bell, that's me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

well it might be on youtube but the whole thing was lena headey's body double walking through town nude

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You can tell when every actress on Game Of Thrones got famous enough to sign a new contract because it's when they stopped doing nude scenes themselves

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

When I heard all this poo poo about Lena Dunham I thought it was Lena Headey because I only knew her first name and I didn't know Lena Dunham existed and I was like "why is Cersei's actress saying all this crazy poo poo".

Also it blew my mind that she played Sarah Conner in that shitheap Terminator show, amazing what hair style can do.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mister Fister posted:

The proper way to look at it is the fact that, ostensibly, most of the black support went to Clinton, so the actual proportion of white clinton voters who think those things of black people is actually way higher than shown and probably edges out non-Trump republicans if you look at White only responses.

She already beat kasich in the last response :laugh:

Yeah who gives a poo poo about whether clinton or sanders supporters are more racist at this point, 25% of the supporters of the leftiest lefty to run in this election (for a major party) when asked go yea black people are dumb violent sociopaths what of it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

You can tell when every actress on Game Of Thrones got famous enough to sign a new contract because it's when they stopped doing nude scenes themselves

Also when they get to play Sarah Conner in a movie or TV show.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

Yeah who gives a poo poo about whether clinton or sanders supporters are more racist at this point, 25% of the supporters of the leftiest lefty to run in this election (for a major party) when asked go yea black people are dumb violent sociopaths what of it

Again, I sincerely doubt that's how that study worked

zegermans posted:

Also when they get to play Sarah Conner in a movie or TV show.

Ok I'll bite, you know that's Emilia Clarke right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

Sound like we need to go even further left.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I don't understand her being Sarah Connor because she's like 5 feet tall and 90 pounds :shrug:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

Again, I sincerely doubt that's how that study worked

Ok I'll bite, you know that's Emilia Clarke right

yes I'm joking that Lena Headey and Emilia Clarke have both played Sarah Conner in bad things

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

turns out like most of my posts it wasn't funny.

I thought my borg killing joke was good tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did not know Lena Headey also played Sarah Connor. The dum-dum is me; I am the dum-dum

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Homeless Friend posted:

Sound like we need to go even further left.

:goleft:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

I know very little about Kamala Harris except that a lot of Hill People are very enthusiastic about her in a "look, we have a young promising world-beater, not just an old failed forest hermit" kind of way, but this does do a lot to explain that

Yes, according to establishment democrats, she's the new rising star. She's probably scared of the progressive take back movement in CA. Here's general leftist synopsis of Kamala. Basically was seen as soft on wall st akin to Eric Holder/ May Jo White due to some mortgage settlement with the big banks in 2011. Filled alongside the NY and DE AG, I think the settlement came down to fines instead of any real investigation or admission of wrong doing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

sorry couldn't make it past the cute Snow Leopards

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Just because the Dems are barely the major opposition party doesn't make their views correct, even if they're less bad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ThndrShk2k posted:

Just because the Dems are barely the major opposition party doesn't make their views correct, even if they're less bad.

the major collaborationist party

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The major* opposition* party*

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

zegermans posted:

I-I chucked :shobon:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/inside-the-democrats-plan-to-fight-trump-w470711

quote:

One senior House Democrat, who asked for anonymity to discuss party strategy, told me that pushing for a full accounting on Trump and Russia is the best way to turn Trump into an albatross around the necks of congressional Republicans to the point that party leaders like McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan might abandon him. Not a week goes by without more evidence of Trump's ties to and sympathies for Russian leaders – former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn misleading Vice President Mike Pence about his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Trump underlings secretly pursuing a deal to lift Russian sanctions, contacts between Russian intelligence officials and Trump surrogates during the 2016 campaign. "I think that's going to be the other shoe to drop," the House Democrat said, "and will likely be the basis for Republican support of Trump to crumble."
:whitewater:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

they're loving doomed lmao

dude its ok to run on in part on the russia stuff. thats actually a reasonably smart thing, but you have to run on other poo poo! a reason to vote for you!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'll start panicking by December if it keeps up

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

logikv9 posted:

Why wait?!
:derp:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

zegermans posted:

The nice thing about the joke is it kinda works on another level because Hugh's cube was abandoned by the Borg Establishment and they ended up voting in broke-brained pathological liar Lore as their leader because he promised to make their lives better

And then Lore really screwed up their healthcare

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im lazy unintelligent rude violent & unlawful and i voted for fullcommunismnow ask me anything

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

It's going to keep up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rastor posted:

The nice thing about the joke is it kinda works on another level because Hugh's cube was abandoned by the Borg Establishment and they ended up voting in broke-brained pathological liar Lore as their leader because he promised to make their lives better

And then Lore really screwed up their healthcare

didn't they have that loving weird ship instead of a cube though

like I'm picturing a dumbbell but with all the weights in the middle

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IIRC it started as a cube but they neglected infrastructure projects for years

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah, because the enterprise obviously couldn't fight a cube so they made up some other piece of poo poo that they blew up with a solar flare

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Al! posted:

the major collaborationist party

Except unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI-OpbHz1-4

lol, zero policy in any tv ads.

no you guys the clinton campaign was fine, it's just bigotry that gave trump the win

• Locked thread