Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You know some neo-Nazis are cheering the village scene.
I dunno man I think it's deliberately shot in such a way that it's nearly impossible to fetishize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmfao. there is such a thing as 'woke-poisoning'

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Serf posted:

geez now i wanna watch starship troopers again

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Schnorkles posted:

please don't smoke crack friends

Crack friends are the best friends.

Serf
May 5, 2011

aliens, surely

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
anti-war movies are like "look at this war, there's nothing heroic here, it's a meaningless hell" but what if embracing meaningless hell is the real heroism

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Kellyanne Conway Avoided Punishment for Promoting Ivanka Trump's Line, and the Ethics Committee Isn't Happy About It

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Perfectly Safe posted:

Crack friends are the best friends.

Seriously, TCC is that way fellas.

*points to overflowing dumpster with "THE STIGMA" clumsily spray painted on the side*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wyrdright/status/839294486085689344

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:siren: I am having a nerd problem that I need nerds to solve :siren:

The long and the short of it is this: The greatest album of all time, Blind Guardian's "Nightfall in Middle Earth", is not available legally digitally in any form in the US. I would buy it that way if I could. I also recently stupidly bought an iPhone, which apparently decided for me that literally all MP3's are non-legit and absolutely will not play nice with any shady rear end zip file download of the album, which is the only way I know how to get ahold of it now. Apperantly the Irish iTunes store has it?

So how the heck am I supposed to be able to get this, the greatest album of all time, to just loving play on my iphone like normal goddamn music? I.E. doesn't cut out when I switch apps or whatever.

Nightfall is good and all, but Blind Guardian isn't Ronnie James Dio :rip:

Also, just :lol: if you're saying any Blind GUardian album is better than a Running Wild album

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
if meaningless hell means guns that sound like the pulse rifles in aliens I'm down.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol

cumshitter posted:

you smoked crack!?

its crack its great it gets you really high

Have you ever eaten a train piece by piece after you just derailed it with your penis?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The long and the short of it is this: The greatest album of all time, Blind Guardian's "Nightfall in Middle Earth", is not available legally digitally in any form in the US. I would buy it that way if I could. I also recently stupidly bought an iPhone, which apparently decided for me that literally all MP3's are non-legit and absolutely will not play nice with any shady rear end zip file download of the album, which is the only way I know how to get ahold of it now. Apperantly the Irish iTunes store has it?

So how the heck am I supposed to be able to get this, the greatest album of all time, to just loving play on my iphone like normal goddamn music? I.E. doesn't cut out when I switch apps or whatever.

Put the files in a Dropbox folder, download Dropbox app, play MP3s from Dropbox. You can't play tracks consecutively, which sucks, but you shouldn't run into any jank issues regarding :filez:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

at least until recently when i tried it you can arbitrarily add stuff to itunes and sync it to your phone that way. if apple has nerfed that, lol, sux, but iphones aren't there to do what you want, they're there to do what apple wants and that might occasionally intersect with what you want.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You know some neo-Nazis are cheering the village scene.

and then when the partisans dispense some justice at the end:

"so much for the tolerant left!"

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Fury is a good pic where anti-Trump warrior LaBeouf gives a loving great performance

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it's like one of the kids I hung out with growing up playiing final fantasy tactics and taking away from it that delita did everything right

also he got a job as a cop

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

i'd go to war to gently caress dina meyer tbh

mormonpartyboat posted:

well thats all kinds of hosed up

anyway, here's my opinions on which celebrities i'd gently caress and why

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I'll assume the person who tweeted this has no children or any concept of what parenting entails.

THey probably smell like cat pee too.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
reading the erowid vault on crack experiences

quote:

A trip to the doctors today confirmed that I have developed noticeable and permanent scar tissue on my heart, confirming an authentic heart attack. I am still young, and I used to run cross-country, and still lift weights and play basketball. I owe my survival to my mental and physical fitness - both of which are diminishing. Yet, I am still very new to the crack habit, and I am not ready to give it up yet.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
honestly if you're gonna start smoking crack I couldn't think of better timing than now.

crack o'clock in Trump's America

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

download songs. add songs to itunes. sync album to iphone. enjoy power metal.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kaleedity posted:

it's like one of the kids I hung out with growing up playiing final fantasy tactics and taking away from it that delita did everything right

also he got a job as a cop

can't beat-a the Delita

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's on Spotify. Just sayin'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember TCC's mantra if you do hard drugs, harm reduction

and occasionally, 'arm reduction'

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
erowid is great because you can find trip reports from guys trying to get hosed up on cinnamon

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I keep wondering how people keep letting Trump get away with lying about everything, then I remember again how stupid people are. Now I want to see some scientific studies of all this doublethink going on.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I assume that's how you pronounce delita I realize I've always said it that way and have no real idea

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Feminasty Slut posted:

honestly if you're gonna start smoking crack I couldn't think of better timing than now.

you might as well just kill yourself traditionally, you'll die with more dignity or more mess (whichever you value more)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/lkherman/status/840240398589128704

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Demons and Wizards is better, so just listen to them instead.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also put the drugs up your butt and die in a movie theatre

or take the drugs and pass out in your car and melt to death and then have your wife get on something awful and ask the safest way to take the leftover drugs and also how to get the insurance company to pay out on your death

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Feminasty Slut posted:

I can think of a better time: never

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

https://twitter.com/louisemensch/status/840233692098371584

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/840258332397064192

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

eonwe posted:

lmfao. there is such a thing as 'woke-poisoning'

Something can be two things at the same time.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

imagine how much money this is, it's enough to live off for what, 30 years?

like seriously how are people okay with this

how did capitalism break our brains so bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

he sounds like a dumb oval office that should do his job

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

eonwe posted:

also put the drugs up your butt and die in a movie theatre

or take the drugs and pass out in your car and melt to death and then have your wife get on something awful and ask the safest way to take the leftover drugs and also how to get the insurance company to pay out on your death

gently caress you, movie theatre ushers don't get paid enough to deal with your corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

paranoid randroid posted:

erowid is great because you can find trip reports from guys trying to get hosed up on cinnamon

pls don't doxx me

• Locked thread