Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah but it's $299.

Sony_E3_1995.asf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Tender Bender posted:

Dan Ryckert of Giant Bomb did this and actually ruined his vision because he wore the glasses he previously didn't need.

I'm not surprised, Dan Ryckert one ups me every time. He has shown me how awful my life is by being better than me in every way.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Welp, thanks Switch, got in a fender bender on the way to work.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Switch on steering wheel + pro controller in traffic is sublime.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

hidden costs

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Pop out your Joycons and offer one to the guy you hit.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

they call them Joycons because it's a joy conning other people into playing Switch w/ you

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Guys, my nintendo switch dock popped off the table and scratched my jugular, please call for helomkjdasvcz122222222222222222

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So many hidden fees and costs with this Switch. More like Reggie Fees A-may Apply. :smug:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hello Nintendo yes my dog ate the switch and it's your fault

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Guys, my nintendo switch dock popped off the table and scratched my jugular, please call for helomkjdasvcz122222222222222222

I'm glad you were able to push POST after trailing off like that.

I have dispatched the Rescue Rangers to help you. There's no case too small!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Friends don't let friends Switch and drive.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i bought blaster master. its fun! im having fun with the nintendo switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you did it in tabletop mode you could hold joycon in each hand and keep your wrists on the wheel.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Blazing Zero posted:

Ban this sick filth

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

parallelodad posted:

If you did it in tabletop mode you could hold joycon in each hand and keep your wrists on the wheel.

Make sure you play a racing game in this configuration.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mahoning posted:

So many hidden fees and costs with this Switch. More like Reggie Fees A-may Apply. :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

same, friend.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
They should make an AR game where you connect the switch to your dashcam so it streams the video and adds mario kart stuff

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I have no clue what a blaster master is but I went "gently caress it" and bought it anyway and the game owns.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
MK8 - So do you think they are going to limit tabletop mode to 2 players? Obviously 4 people on that screen would be hellish, but I'm hoping that there aren't any like hardware triggers when you switch playing modes, so that the experience can be the same anywhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

an actual dog posted:

I have no clue what a blaster master is but I went "gently caress it" and bought it anyway and the game owns.

ya

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Does anyone know for sure if the Joy-Con connection issues affect all left Joy-Cons or just some units?

My Joy-Con L disconnects and lags pretty bad. I bought some extra Joy-Cons, which I haven't opened yet in case I want to return them. If the problems affect only some units, then I can open the new pack and see if that's any better. If the problems affect all units, then I can return my unopened Joy-Cons.

I'm hopeful it only affect some units, and then I can RMA my bad Joy-Con and keep playing with the spare.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

an actual dog posted:

same

mulls posted:

Does anyone know for sure if the Joy-Con connection issues affect all left Joy-Cons or just some units?

I haven't had a single issue with my joycon, playing it all kinda of silly ways, even behind my head! It could just be too many signals bouncing around your apartment/house/shack/superdimensional fortress. I reckon a lot of reviewers had the issue because they are all giant nerds surrounded by other giant nerds and too many devices.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I have a bunch of issues with my setup.

Though I'm roughly set up so its

Switch ---- Me ------- Router, notably it and my phone are the only WiFi devices (everything else is wired). I've unplugged my dolphin bar and it helped some. Watch out for other bluetooth connections.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Also don't forget to unplug any nearby aquariums

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

mulls posted:

My Joy-Con L disconnects and lags pretty bad. I bought some extra Joy-Cons, which I haven't opened yet in case I want to return them. If the problems affect only some units, then I can open the new pack and see if that's any better. If the problems affect all units, then I can return my unopened Joy-Cons.

I'm hopeful it only affect some units, and then I can RMA my bad Joy-Con and keep playing with the spare.

I have to be 10+ ft from my switch, with both my body (or intentionally cover with my hand very unnaturally) and the coffee table between the joycon and switch to have issues during normal play. So none there. However, the one time we played 1 2 Switch and I had to do rapid movements like during the end of the boxing game or the beach flag game, it wouldn't read 1/2 the motions at 10ft away, so i had to get my lazy rear end off of the couch and stand closer. In the beach flag game at the end they show the runner's progress throughout the game, and mine would run, stop for 2-3 second and run and stop again. So it was obviously Left Joycon connection issues if I moved it up and down or back and forth in rapid movements (was also facing to the side so my hand was between the joycon and the switch). However, stationary play like with Zelda causes no issues unless I go crazy to cover it up like I stated above.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah, the not cheapest ones on amazon. Hori are usually the go to with the notable exception of the expensive switch one which got complaints, I got the cheaper one for $10 and its great on my switch with no bubbles, easy to line up design.

Generally I like armorsuit for phones because the wet install works really well for lining everything up and not getting dust. Looks like they are coming out with one for the switch for $8 in a few days. With overheating issues on other protectors you might want to wait for reviews. But wet install is loving awesome.

What heating issues are those? I haven't heard about that yet.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

mulls posted:

I bought a new L joycon to test and it works a lot better than the one that came with the switch. The range still isn't anything to write home about, but not disconnecting when I'm literally sitting in an office chair 2 feet from the dock if I move my hands below desk-level is enough of an improvement to be significantly noticeable.

Be warned I've heard stories that you can't RMA the controller, only the unit as a whole, and also of people in said situation losing their unbackupable save games. YMMV, depending on if their support script has changed in the last week.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can't imagine a piece of glass is going to cause a unit that is at most pulling 30W with a fan to overheat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

FireMrshlBill posted:

What heating issues are those? I haven't heard about that yet.

LethalGeek posted:

I can't imagine a piece of glass is going to cause a unit that is at most pulling 30W with a fan to overheat.

Not the Switch, the Hori premium protector is getting droopy from the heat of docked mode and falling off. Screen protector cant take the heat.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Friday at the office, what started as just a short post lunch 20 minute Fast RMX tournament has turned the afternoon into "we ain't getting poo poo done" kind of afternoon.

Switch working as intended. Coworkers are not working as intended.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
That Switch you had with you on CBS could have been mine Reggie. I will cut you.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

mulls posted:

4 feet away from my Switch and the Left Joy-Con has connection issues, unresponsive, and at times completely unpairs

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I bought a new L joycon to test and it works a lot better than the one that came with the switch. The range still isn't anything to write home about, but not disconnecting when I'm literally sitting in an office chair 2 feet from the dock if I move my hands below desk-level is enough of an improvement to be significantly noticeable.

Be warned I've heard stories that you can't RMA the controller, only the unit as a whole, and also of people in said situation losing their unbackupable save games. YMMV, depending on if their support script has changed in the last week.

Thanks, this is what I was hoping for. I'll open the spare Joy-Cons and see how it goes.

Hopefully if I'm difficult enough on the phone, I can RMA just my left Joy-Con and not the whole console.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
wouldn't it be funny if 6 months down the line madcat ends up making joycons that are better at wireless than the nintendo official ones

mulls posted:

Thanks, this is what I was hoping for. I'll open the spare Joy-Cons and see how it goes.

Hopefully if I'm difficult enough on the phone, I can RMA just my left Joy-Con and not the whole console.

If they give you a hassle I'd honestly recommend hanging up and trying to RMA the single one saying you got it from the store and it doesn't work as well as the one that came with the system. or just return the defective one to the store

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 10, 2017

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I'm wondering if the de-syncing issue is in the joycon or the console itself because I was playing zelda yesterday, docked with the pro controller, and was getting funky de-syncing at times on the menu and selecting weapons with both my left and right sticks. Very weird honestly.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Wow, I guess it is because they are still trying to determine the issue (like others haven't already figured it out for Nintendo). But having to RMA the whole unit is kinda crappy. Makes me disapprove less of people who buy a new set of joycons swap them with the originals and return them as DOA.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Not the Switch, the Hori premium protector is getting droopy from the heat of docked mode and falling off. Screen protector cant take the heat.

I got that one and mine hasn't drooped yet, but considering how many people that has happened to I did preemptively buy the glass ones

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

The swap trick won't work for me because I got the neon Switch (with a blue left unit) and the neon second set (with the red left unit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
There may be other issues but (again anecdotally) the worst cases seem to be controller hardware. I'll try to pay attention but with my OG left I had to hold it in relation to the switch dock almost as if it was a fold out laptop keyboard to not have any issues at all-- we're talking 6-12" of clear air max (on an admittedly cluttered-with-wifi-enabled-electronics desk). The new one works "as expected", which for me is sitting in my chair with my hands anywhere comfortable, but there may be other minor desync issues that I'm just unconsciously blanking out because the previous experience was just so terrible in comparison.

• Locked thread