Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All those new Central dudes were introduce and they all got stomped after stomping nobodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Final battle. 8 on 1. Central vs Megumi. Ora.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Rindou's supposed to be secretly better than Eishi, who has an obvious massive weakness for this particular competition, so she could wind up the final boss of the arc pretty easily.

I doubt it. It would take something bigger than this for her to take it seriously at all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Soylentbits posted:

God I loving wish

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Soylentbits posted:

I'm listening.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Delinquent Megumi challenges everyone in Central to a game of ping pong and wins.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

Delinquent Megumi challenges everyone in Central to a bare knuckle brawl at the same time and wins.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you're using Stands does it really count as bare knuckles.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hate-Senpai posted:

If you're using Stands does it really count as bare knuckles.

Bare knuckles of the soul.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
expelling alice has only made her more powerful...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think Kuga will get what he's wanted and get to fight against Eishi?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think Kuga will get what he's wanted and get to fight against Eishi?

Sure. He'll probably also get btfo

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The 4 newbies are almost definitely getting eliminated before the end. Aldini and Megumi are 50/50, Erina has a 25% chance of biting it, and Soma definitely makes it all the way through.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope erina gets all the way to the end so that she can be the one to kick her dad in the teeth. that'd be way better than having souma do it for her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hope erina gets all the way to the end so that she can be the one to kick her dad in the teeth. that'd be way better than having souma do it for her.

It'll probably end up being a combination of the two, since not only is it Erina's dad causing the mess, but he's doing it all for the sake of Souma's dad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

If we're hoping, Megumi is the last one standing and just mercs all of the Elite 10 left. Then Azami tastes her nurturing food, bursts into tears, and sees the error of his ways.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Deffo want to see Megumi destroy some fools.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is single elim and right now 3 people are up on the block, right?

I think Kuga is at the very last guaranteed knocked out here but I don't know about anyone else right now.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Deffo want to see Megumi destroy some fools.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is single elim and right now 3 people are up on the block, right?

I think Kuga is at the very last guaranteed knocked out here but I don't know about anyone else right now.

Kuga isn't in this round. It's Souma, Isshiki, and the other former Elite 10 guy I don't think we've ever really seen before. They're up against 2 hats and some glasses.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gyges posted:

Kuga isn't in this round. It's Souma, Isshiki, and the other former Elite 10 guy I don't think we've ever really seen before. They're up against 2 hats and some glasses.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's not my fault his only characterization so far is an impressive hat game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sometimes that's all you need.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I guess chapter 200 did really well in the rankings, Soma ranked just behind One Piece in second this week.

And the theme for Soma and Nene's fight is noodles.

E: Also Kuga's played by Yuuki Kaji in the OVA

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 15, 2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
New chapter get:

http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/207/4105/1

(most jump stuff is out early)

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm loving dying. That was amazing.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A return to form. I only hope we get some good metaphors out of Soma smashing the pure-blooded traditionalist with instant noodles.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The page with the Soba Reaction Faces was great. I liked how you can see the edges of Soma's fish-face reaction, but he's still looking away from the panel.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wilee? Since when do you judge cooking contests instead of blowing things up?!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
so unless this is like the end of the manga or there's some mysteriously unannounced way to get a tie Souma and crew lose this don't they? I mean, we're not really at the lowest point yet with the expulsion of the ancillary character crew. The structure of this stuff basically means the Souma crew has to basically get put in a position where it looks like all is utterly lost and a neat breakthrough is tee'd up for the good guys to turn the tables and win.

Also that was not nearly enough of a training montage to beat these overhyped central mooks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

so unless this is like the end of the manga or there's some mysteriously unannounced way to get a tie Souma and crew lose this don't they? I mean, we're not really at the lowest point yet with the expulsion of the ancillary character crew. The structure of this stuff basically means the Souma crew has to basically get put in a position where it looks like all is utterly lost and a neat breakthrough is tee'd up for the good guys to turn the tables and win.

Also that was not nearly enough of a training montage to beat these overhyped central mooks.

There's two more years, an entire world class competition hinted at, and this entire competition is contrived to give them a shot at taking down the elites when they would get destroyed one-on-one. Good chance we'll see flashbacks to the training when it counts here.

This competition is basically "ok we know that arc sucked so here's the fastest possible way we can get away from it". If Souma or Erina beat Eishi here it'll get marked with a big asterisk because they're getting a bunch of assistance where Eishi won't.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

There's two more years, an entire world class competition hinted at, and this entire competition is contrived to give them a shot at taking down the elites when they would get destroyed one-on-one. Good chance we'll see flashbacks to the training when it counts here.

This competition is basically "ok we know that arc sucked so here's the fastest possible way we can get away from it". If Souma or Erina beat Eishi here it'll get marked with a big asterisk because they're getting a bunch of assistance where Eishi won't.

And a bunch of mysterious, obviously foreign dudes who showed up at the end.

I don't really know how the matches work, which is the problem. On a basic level it would be loving stupid if Soma beats Kinokuni in a one-on-one in her specialty. But it depends how this is structured - are you eliminated by losing your one-on-one, or does your team of 3 get eliminated if you lose 2-out-3? Because if its the latter, the most plausible outcome is Soma loses and Isshiki/Megashima win.

And again, I don't expect Soma to be eliminated this early, but I also expect the finale of this (almost assuredly 50+ chapter) arc to be Soma/Erina against Eishi/Rindou and for Soma/Erina to win because Eishi's teamwork is garbage. You also set up all of the character development with Rindou/Eishi that's been shown a little bit in the side materials.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

And again, I don't expect Soma to be eliminated this early, but I also expect the finale of this (almost assuredly 50+ chapter) arc to be Soma/Erina against Eishi/Rindou and for Soma/Erina to win because Eishi's teamwork is garbage.

There's a chance Megishima's specialty is noodles/ramen so that may come into play during the match.

Also if this ends up 50 chapters long, they'll have learned loving nothing from the Autumn Elections.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Love how Isshiki basically has a restaurant idea planned and apparently already in the works for the polar star dorm people.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

And a bunch of mysterious, obviously foreign dudes who showed up at the end.

I don't really know how the matches work, which is the problem. On a basic level it would be loving stupid if Soma beats Kinokuni in a one-on-one in her specialty. But it depends how this is structured - are you eliminated by losing your one-on-one, or does your team of 3 get eliminated if you lose 2-out-3? Because if its the latter, the most plausible outcome is Soma loses and Isshiki/Megashima win.

And again, I don't expect Soma to be eliminated this early, but I also expect the finale of this (almost assuredly 50+ chapter) arc to be Soma/Erina against Eishi/Rindou and for Soma/Erina to win because Eishi's teamwork is garbage. You also set up all of the character development with Rindou/Eishi that's been shown a little bit in the side materials.

The three mysterious guys at the end of the latest chapter are the judges for the match.

The matches are structures as three 1v1 that are happening at the same time I think. Each person who loses is eliminated and the others remain to have another match later.

I'm of the opinion that I would honestly not mind Souma losing right here and now because while he is the main character, this is also Erina's arc and it'd be a nice change of pace. To be clear, I'd love Megumi to get more focus, but sadly she's not that important this arc.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

The three mysterious guys at the end of the latest chapter are the judges for the match.

The matches are structures as three 1v1 that are happening at the same time I think. Each person who loses is eliminated and the others remain to have another match later.

I'm of the opinion that I would honestly not mind Souma losing right here and now because while he is the main character, this is also Erina's arc and it'd be a nice change of pace. To be clear, I'd love Megumi to get more focus, but sadly she's not that important this arc.

They're assuredly the judges, but I don't think that they're otherwise unimportant given the way they were introduced. If it operates as single-elimination, its going to take some kind of fuckery for Soma to win, but he will win anyways.

TheKingofSprings posted:

There's a chance Megishima's specialty is noodles/ramen so that may come into play during the match.

Also if this ends up 50 chapters long, they'll have learned loving nothing from the Autumn Elections.

There's 16 people in a bracketed tournament and we haven't seen like 1/2 of these people cook or their backstories. I fully expect it to take 50+ chapters. I think the big reason that disappoints people is that Shokugeki's strength is all of the goof-ball characters and their little interactions and you don't get nearly as much of it when they're focused on battle-battle-battle. But in the end I don't expect this isn't going to end on anything but heavy Erina/Soma shipping stuff just for plot/demographics/genre reasons. I'm guessing the flashbacks to the training will have that also.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 15, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
souma's specialty is adding crappy junk food to gourmet dishes, but it is very silly to have a competition between instant and freshly made noodles. like, the two aren't comparable at all.

as such, i'm looking forward to seeing souma's unholy abortion of a dish that includes instant noodles but is otherwise unrecognizable as soba. it is way funnier if he makes something horrible which still inexplicably wins. it is better still when the crowd oohs and aahs about how wonderful it is.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

TheKingofSprings posted:

Each match in the round has a different theme. Soma and Kinokuni have noodles, Megishima's and Isshiki's are different.

souma's specialty is adding crappy junk food to gourmet dishes, but it is very silly to have a competition between instant and freshly made noodles. like, the two aren't comparable at all.

as such, i'm looking forward to seeing souma's unholy abortion of a dish that includes instant noodles but is otherwise unrecognizable as soba. it is way funnier if he makes something horrible which still inexplicably wins. it is better still when the crowd oohs and aahs about how wonderful it is.

It'll be the other way, Soma's dish will be instant noodles in spirit but perfectly gourmet at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Each match in the round has a different theme. Soma and Kinokuni have noodles, Megishima's and Isshiki's are different.

It'll be the other way, Soma's dish will be instant noodles in spirit but perfectly gourmet at the same time.

Megishima can assist Soma with his dish though, and vice-versa.