Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
a gigantic list of people who cannot post there, which includes people who have never attempted to post there, is really really funny and petty from the outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

steinrokkan posted:

mod sass in 2017? seriously? what's next, punctuation. bans:?

im doomed

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

mod sass in 2017? seriously? what's next, punctuation. bans:?

just because some mods let it slide or don't care doesn't mean it's not still a rule you can get banned for, and he only got probated for it so I'm not sure that's the smoking gun you're looking for

theflyingorc posted:

a gigantic list of people who cannot post there, which includes people who have never attempted to post there, is really really funny and petty from the outside

I'm not nearly invested enough to go through the list but I'm willing to bet a lot of those "I've never posted there but LOL they put me on the list" have been demonstrably lovely/racist/whatever in the past. If KM saw some guy eat multiple probies for ironic racism in D&D or GBS or whatever, I don't see how saying "yeah I don't want this person posting here because here is direct evidence that they are not interested in actual discussion" is some sort of petty personal shitlist.

I'm also willing to bet the number of people on that list who have never posted in TGRS or the Negrotown etc. threads is a lot smaller than some people seem to think

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Kelp Me! posted:

just because some mods let it slide or don't care doesn't mean it's not still a rule you can get banned for, and he only got probated for it so I'm not sure that's the smoking gun you're looking for

Im not looking for a smoking gun, mr persecution complex.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I feel very strongly about some bad posters not being allowed to post on a bad forum run by a bad mod

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Im not looking for a smoking gun, mr persecution complex.

No, you're right, I'm sorry, please continue to explain how being kicked out of a forum for repeatedly shitposting and being warned about it by that forum's mod is a personal vendetta against that poster

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i thought this was the sagas thread not lovely subforum discussion.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm not nearly invested enough to go through the list but I'm willing to bet a lot of those "I've never posted there but LOL they put me on the list" have been demonstrably lovely/racist/whatever in the past. If KM saw some guy eat multiple probies for ironic racism in D&D or GBS or whatever, I don't see how saying "yeah I don't want this person posting here because here is direct evidence that they are not interested in actual discussion" is some sort of petty personal shitlist.

I'm also willing to bet the number of people on that list who have never posted in TGRS or the Negrotown etc. threads is a lot smaller than some people seem to think

in fact you seem more invested than anyone else

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

It's actually really funny and clever because all the people who swore that they totally didnt care about the forum have spent the past week loudly and publicly gnashing their teeth about what a grave injustice it is that they can't post in it. It also made all the white pissbaby trolls pull a 180 and start crying about racism and discrimination over it, doing something actually funny for the first time in their entire posting careers in the process.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Guy Mann posted:

It's actually really funny and clever because all the people who swore that they totally didnt care about the forum have spent the past week loudly and publicly gnashing their teeth about what a grave injustice it is that they can't post in it. It also made all the white pissbaby trolls pull a 180 and start crying about racism and discrimination over it, doing something actually funny for the first time in their entire posting careers in the process.

that is also pretty funny

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

I mean we both agree that the number of people crying about not being allowed to post in a subforum they either actively poo poo in or pretend to not care about is really funny so I dunno why we're arguing tbh

Most of my effortposting is trying to defend the fact that some of the people being the most vocal about it also happen to be people who are known shitposters

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Kelp Me! posted:

I mean we both agree that the number of people crying about not being allowed to post in a subforum they either actively poo poo in or pretend to not care about is really funny so I dunno why we're arguing tbh

Most of my effortposting is trying to defend the fact that some of the people being the most vocal about it also happen to be people who are known shitposters

Just for context, this poster has complained in the past week about being too bitchmade to honk at children playing in the street to the point where he had to stop behind them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

food court bailiff posted:

Just for context, this poster has complained in the past week about being too bitchmade to honk at children playing in the street to the point where he had to stop behind them.

ouch sick burn dude you got me

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Started out saying someone else was caremad for making multiple posts, now has like ten posts about how the list is actually normal and chill

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i wish somebody made an ADTRW autoban list

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

It should be a reverse list where they get banned everytime they leave ADTRW

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Started out saying someone else was caremad for making multiple posts, now has like ten posts about how the list is actually normal and chill

You're right, I got too into it and it turns out the caremad poster is me, but in all honesty I'd be very happy to never talk about TGRS in this thread again and let the crying and hand-wringing stay in GBS and QCS

steinrokkan posted:

If you searched through the Leper's Colony there more-or-less is a ban-on-sight list for at least D&D and CSPAM

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Adding "stops for children in traffic" to my SA.txt of embarrassing facts about posters

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I haven't seen anyone crying, just people joking about it and then people yelling "YOU ARE CRYING"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

whoever's buying the "hang yourself with your phone cable" red titles should probably be stopped bc there have been a lot of suicides on SA over the years and people who take the internet too seriously are not gonna be the most mentally stable in the first place.

yospos has had a no-suicide-requests policy for a long time and i think smythe brought it to gbs too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

Adding "stops for children in traffic" to my SA.txt of embarrassing facts about posters

it's good to not run over kids, but his reason for not honking was that he's too afraid of confrontation lmfao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Sagebrush posted:

whoever's buying the "hang yourself with your phone cable" red titles should probably be stopped bc there have been a lot of suicides on SA over the years and people who take the internet too seriously are not gonna be the most mentally stable in the first place.

yospos has had a no-suicide-requests policy for a long time and i think smythe brought it to gbs too
Yeah that's definitely a rule I enforce in GBS, click report when you see it. It's hard to know who bought custom titles though, lowtax himself basically has to contact the payment processor. The SA store is explicitly not tied to your account for better or worse.

If you report it and say "bad custom title" and it's a suicide request I'm happy to blank it, has to be in GBS for me to queue it up though. I'm sure some other mods feel similarly.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

it's good to not run over kids, but his reason for not honking was that he's too afraid of confrontation lmfao

You act like this is some secret shame I'm hiding instead of something I made a thread about, but whatever makes you feel better chief

lol also literally nobody in the thread made a single post making fun of my story and you've already made 2 in a separate thread so I'm handing over the mantle of "caremad poster" over to you, my friend. Wear it well

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anyway it got lost in the last few pages of slurry but this is a really funny thread with the potential to be even funnier in the near future:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Unsure if this will be saga-level in the long run, but https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801175&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post470189006
(Aussie guy posts about his personal life, assume the paywall stairs will protect him, ex discovers the posts and is now suing/threatening legal action in addition to the rest of the divorce proceedings - and he's STILL talking in detail about it!) :doh:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

You act like this is some secret shame I'm hiding instead of something I made a thread about, but whatever makes you feel better chief

lol also literally nobody in the thread made a single post making fun of my story and you've already made 2 in a separate thread so I'm handing over the mantle of "caremad poster" over to you, my friend. Wear it well

lmao

What is it with certain posters and being completely unable to separate the concepts of mockery and anger in their mind?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lmao

What is it with certain posters and being completely unable to separate the concepts of mockery and anger in their mind?

you tell me since apparently posting a bunch mocking angry GBS crybabies being banned from a niche subforum made me caremad :shrug:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That dude is way too into the weird race forum but to be honest 'afraid of confrontation' probably describes 80-90% of goons

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whoever can put the most "lol" and "lmao" in their post is obviously the one who cares less, and therefore the winner

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

purple death ray posted:

Well this is all extremely dumb bullshit

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Phlegmish posted:

'afraid of confrontation' probably describes 80-90% of goons

Terrific Accident posted:

At first it seems like nobody is going to move, but then, hesitantly, one man rises to his feet. "I'm Retardacus!!!" He shouts. Soon another follows. "I'm Retardacus!!!" Then another. "I'm Retardacus!!!" Moridin looks on upon his people, moved to tears. Some guy is shouting something about how he doesn't even LOOK at the barista

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
the last two pages have been a fantastic parody of a portlandia sketch

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if It's a "Saga" but Kelp Me! throwing a forums hissy fit for the past 8 hours ruining several threads is probably a blip on the radar.

Maybe a "missive"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just ban everyone who posts in negro town and all will be well :shrug: Also ban all literal nazis.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

I'm not sure if It's a "Saga" but Kelp Me! throwing a forums hissy fit for the past 8 hours ruining several threads is probably a blip on the radar.

Maybe a "missive"

oh good you're back I'm sorry you melted down at me in 2 threads simultaneously, I eagerly await your next post in the lovely apartment thread continuing your weird rants about this magical fantasy concept called "tenant-landlord laws"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Chill out. Remember the common brushtail possum? That was a funny thing.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

oh good you're back I'm sorry you melted down at me in 2 threads simultaneously, I eagerly await your next post in the lovely apartment thread continuing your weird rants about this magical fantasy concept called "tenant-landlord laws"

You make me appreciate Moridin920

I guess keep accusing everyone of melting down for like the 30th time in a row now, in a weird forums hissy fit that actually puts me to shame. Congratulations I guess since I'm usually the most thin skinned and vindictive poster but boy howdy you've given me a lot to think about.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Chill out. Remember the common brushtail possum? That was a funny thing.

I remember the joke but not the origin. SAclopedia to the rescue! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3272458

Space Crabs posted:

a weird forums hissy fit that actually puts me to shame.

Space Crabs posted:

The universe you guys live in must be nice but I think the real thing to look at here is the inter-dimensional communications you've developed to talk down to us here at Earth Prime about our residency situations and how you guys can just push things like minor cosmetic damage straight to court where you somehow bill your landlord.

Sometimes over here the judges get angry you are wasting their time. Or the landlord knows the judge. Or you being "A Poor" means you can't really afford court costs since minor cosmetic damage is effectively non-existent in terms of impact on your living situation. Or maybe a roach infestation or literal gunfights take priority over Bitchy McMoans in 3B throwing a hissy fit because the doorknob scuffed his wall and his sternly written letters have gone unanswered.

I'm calling your dimension "Earth J" for Justice since court is free and everything is fair.

:ironicat:

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Mar 10, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Phlegmish posted:

That dude is way too into the weird race forum but to be honest 'afraid of confrontation' probably describes 80-90% of goons

I don't want some crazy rear end in a top hat parent freaking out at me because I beeped at their precious child

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In the thread where the mods complain about reports I would like to request that they also show who reported the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I kinda feel like the olive branch between us, that will keep you from ruining good threads with an 8 hour straight meltdown, is me getting you to concede that what I said was reasonable.

The law isn't a perfect shield you can resolve problems with in 100% of situations because you are right or it's fair. That isn't how the world works.

I'm really sorry I set you off on some kind of crazy posting spree because I said as much sarcastically and you apparently can't process the possibility of situations you personally don't consider plausible.

I'll give you the apartment thread if you shut the gently caress up, jesus christ.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)