Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So I take it that chips can only go to +6? I bought two of them from Emil with the intent to fuse them and they didn't show up in the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

The design is a huge joke. She's wearing a skirt with a split in the front so you can see her crotch and when she runs the back rides up so that her flexing butt cheeks are visible. The first ladder I went down after the introduction placed the camera right up against her rear end as she descended. Hell, when she self destructs you're basically blowing her skirt up so that the butt's hanging out there for a while. It's intentionally pervy to the point where it comes off like a joke about leering at a virtual character that you can manipulate as you please. At the same time it was meticulously designed by, I think Taro said, an rear end obsessed member of the team. So, essentially, *picture of old el paso girl saying "why not both?"*

EDIT: I mean huge joke as in it's a visual joke intentionally made by the developers, not in a "I'm literally shaking" sort of way.

Don't you have to really gently caress with the camera to get an up skirt, and then she moves the camera away? She's a cute anime chick in a video game, I think her outfit is more subdued compared to the relative standards of the medium, but I dunno.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

The design is a huge joke. She's wearing a skirt with a split in the front so you can see her crotch and when she runs the back rides up so that her flexing butt cheeks are visible. The first ladder I went down after the introduction placed the camera right up against her rear end as she descended. Hell, when she self destructs you're basically blowing her skirt up so that the butt's hanging out there for a while. It's intentionally pervy to the point where it comes off like a joke about leering at a virtual character that you can manipulate as you please. At the same time it was meticulously designed by, I think Taro said, an rear end obsessed member of the team. So, essentially, *picture of old el paso girl saying "why not both?"*

EDIT: I mean huge joke as in it's a visual joke intentionally made by the developers, not in a "I'm literally shaking" sort of way.

Ironic/"""joking""" sexism is still sexism, dude. No need to throw a fit, it doesn't make the game bad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Who cares it's a video game robot rear end shut up

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
geez louise.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

The real sticking point in the 2B debate for me is where does Yoko get off calling her boobs small? Let's focus here guys, a bodacious behind beats anime gag boobs any day.

I like how A2 is essentially naked and yet so much less distracting to play as.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Marogareh posted:

So I take it that chips can only go to +6? I bought two of them from Emil with the intent to fuse them and they didn't show up in the list.

You can fuse them beyond that if you complete a quest given by a bot in the canyon, as a reward he can fuse your chips

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

dasmause posted:

You can fuse them beyond that if you complete a quest given by a bot in the canyon, as a reward he can fuse your chips

what!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Punch the sexists right in the kisser.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Saint Freak posted:

The gameplay is so fast how can you even tell

Seriously, during fights, I'm more concentrating on not dying than seeing a flash of rear end. If the camera just so happens to tilt up under her skirt every time you climb a ladder, I think that's more on you than the game. Besides, I like her outfit. Memetic rear end aside, it has an elegance you don't see in games too often.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
but is there butthole

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

InnercityGriot posted:

Don't you have to really gently caress with the camera to get an up skirt, and then she moves the camera away? She's a cute anime chick in a video game, I think her outfit is more subdued compared to the relative standards of the medium, but I dunno.

No, you can see it normally even if you leave the camera in default setting and when you ride the moose/boar too.

Actually I like A2's design over 2B even when she is in B mode she looks like wearing a top/shorts.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a reason why even though it says I'm retrieving chips from bodies (Overclock, Shockwave etc.) They never appear in my inventory?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

fadam posted:

Is there a reason why even though it says I'm retrieving chips from bodies (Overclock, Shockwave etc.) They never appear in my inventory?

You aren't retrieving them, you're getting their effects as a temporary buff. Assuming you're talking about player bodies

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dasmause posted:

You aren't retrieving them, you're getting their effects as a temporary buff. Assuming you're talking about player bodies

Oh, lame.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
And that's Route B done, I don't think I missed anything but, bonus boss spoilers, When i tried to fight Emil at about level 56 all of my attacks did 0 damage, even my level 4 Iron Will, so that'll have to wait until later.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Woo, starting Route B, stoked for all the mindfucks to come. I poked around a little and saw there's a chapter select at some point, when does that pop up? I'd rather not end up replaying a million times to get all the endings if I can help it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Woo, starting Route B, stoked for all the mindfucks to come. I poked around a little and saw there's a chapter select at some point, when does that pop up? I'd rather not end up replaying a million times to get all the endings if I can help it.

You unlock chapter select after getting either ending C or D, which is the third playthrough.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

arisu posted:

You can literally spam R2 in those sections and the game won't penalize you for it.
This is from several pages back, but like hell am I reading through thread with this many black bars. Anyway spamming R2 turned out to be the trick to defeating the Goliath in the prologue so thanks for that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wonder if you can still pet the Pod buddy is you use the Grimoire Weiss skin for it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Genocyber posted:

You unlock chapter select after getting either ending C or D, which is the third playthrough.

Cheers. Time to dive into some pure distilled Yoko Taro for a while then. :v:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The machines have figured out my weakness: my inability to move during dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zeX5KBA-g
This happened 4 goddamn times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Entropy238 posted:

This seems like a cool game – are there any mods yet that make the outfits a bit less risqué or will that be a possibility in the future? I'm not a prude or anything but it seems like the kinda game that'd be a bit embarrassing to get caught playing by my girlfriend.
my girlfriend sees me playing sexy anime games and her response is 'oh, that girl looks good'

get a better girlfriend op

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So I need to get all the weapons to unlock something or another, right?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

alcharagia posted:

So I need to get all the weapons to unlock something or another, right?

There's something yes. You'll need to upgrade all of them all the way too.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I know that there's a weapon located somewhere in the desert, and I need to use the Scanner pod program to find it, but are there any other directions for finding it?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok so I can only get the OST in physical format for 50$ imported from Japan on April 7th?

Man that kinda sucks but oh well. We'll see how much disposal income I have. Might have to wait a little longer on the Yakuza 0 purchase :c

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sometimes my minimap disappears and it's annoying. Is that the dynamic HUD getting carried away, some button I'm pushing without realizing it, or a bug? It comes back just as mysteriously.

Regardless: game good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'll unlock fast travel at some point, right?

Also, where do I get my grimoire Weiss skin?

In the game, I just killed the opera singer in the amusement park and found the machine village.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Mordiceius posted:

Also, where do I get my grimoire Weiss skin?

For me the skins just showed up in my inventory when I found the pod in the desert.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Just had my 5th hard lock crash, lost an hour of progress, hoo loving ray.

This game isn't making it easy for me to like it a whole lot.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/nobita_4/status/840361978715549697

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wait what, that's ending A?

I thought maybe that was the halfway point or something, that's pretty abrupt.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What's a good place to pick up Pearls?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait what, that's ending A?

I thought maybe that was the halfway point or something, that's pretty abrupt.

It kind of is, as you'll be seeing once you get to playthrough 3.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Holy cow, the start of playthrough 3 is annoying as gently caress.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I just unlocked fast travel. How far am I from ending A? (I'm guessing REALLY far)

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I just unlocked fast travel. How far am I from ending A? (I'm guessing REALLY far)

It depends how you play. I went through route A pretty quickly but I ignored pretty much all the quests and optional areas.

I'm in route B now and trying to complete Yorha Betrayers but can't seem to find the rascals. I've tried each of the 3 areas and one has a red marker that I can't seem to reach. From what I've read online it may be that I need to complete up to a certain point before they'll pop up but I can't seem to find a consensus on if that's the case and if so what point. Anyone able to assist?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just started playthrough B.

I miss 6O :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Corte posted:

It depends how you play. I went through route A pretty quickly but I ignored pretty much all the quests and optional areas.

I'm in route B now and trying to complete Yorha Betrayers but can't seem to find the rascals. I've tried each of the 3 areas and one has a red marker that I can't seem to reach. From what I've read online it may be that I need to complete up to a certain point before they'll pop up but I can't seem to find a consensus on if that's the case and if so what point. Anyone able to assist?

Factory, Middle then upper building where you start the game at after the factory and/or where you jump in to the flight untit during the Goliath Fight in the city ruins. Last one got me for a while.