Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Game's gettin made: https://crowfall.com/en/news/eternal-kingdoms-are-coming/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
that doesn't look like a release date

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The game's most likely going to soft launch over a length of time anyway, so I don't think you're going to get a specific date for quite awhile still.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

30.5 Days posted:

And since w and sugoi are balance, it would be a bad idea to go that way

Stack one side to an insane extent. It's going to be an issue on live, make them deal with it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok, so I finally get to also participate in the tests and I keep crashing a short time after entering a server... Should I reduce the graphics settings? Or can I do something else?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Tried to see if there was anything on the forums & couldn't find anything. The biggest issue with the game atm is memory pressure so if you're on an 8GB system you might have to shank all the settings until you can fit it into a reasonable amount of mem.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ok i hope it works

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Like just for point of reference it expands to 6GB on my machine, it's fuckin crazy.

Also, I'd like to introduce myself- this is me:
https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14097-dual-daggers-are-silly-lets-get-the-ranger-a-more-respectable-melee-weapon/

Orv
May 4, 2011

quote:

As a larper, I have a decent amount of real experience on this topic.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
>real experience

LARPing is meant to be unrealistic since you'd be dead in two seconds flat if actual medieval combat was used.

Why would you proudly announce you have realistic experience because you're a LARPer UGH

Orv
May 4, 2011
Trick question: What's worse, LARPers with 'real experience' or 'medieval combat associations'?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Orv posted:

Trick question: What's worse, LARPers with 'real experience' or 'medieval combat associations'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo

At least the combat guys put on a good show.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's hard to argue with a skull codpiece.

That's actually pretty interesting, I was more aiming derision at the dumb sporting league things with nerds in plate mail and that sort of thing.

E: Of course it's a short number of rabbit holes from there to lightsaber duels so maybe everyone is stained in all of this.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 28, 2017

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

https://youtu.be/VlCQ2pBob5Q
Idk man MMA with swords is pretty entertaining.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok that's just loving silly.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Haha it may be, but seeing someone get knocked out is always fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011
My favorite part is that they just built an MMA ring in the middle of some picturesque valley. There's probably a town just over the hill but that's really funny to me.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Doggir posted:

https://youtu.be/VlCQ2pBob5Q
Idk man MMA with swords is pretty entertaining.
This song came on when I clicked this video. It fit so well I thought it was the actual music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VziVuWGVuCI

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why do people want realism in a game about being an immortal crow spirit thing that posses weird body stuff to poo poo out thunder and lightning against health spongy enemies?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

SweetBro posted:

Why do people want realism in a game about being an immortal crow spirit thing that posses weird body stuff to poo poo out thunder and lightning against health spongy enemies?

Muh immersion

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://crowfall.com/en/news/on-the-horizon-combat-disciplines/

This is actually coming to the game reasonably soon I guess- the upshot:
- Runecrafters can craft a weapon into a weapon discipline- everyone can equip 1 and it makes you better with that weapon & also improves a couple of your powers
- Runecrafters can craft rare NPC drops into minor disciplines- you can equip between 1 and 3 depending on your archetype, and it will grant you a passive ability, like increasing execution damage or reducing armor but boosting damage
- Runecrafters can craft rare thralls into a major discipline- most people can equip 2 but some archetypes can only equip 1, and it will give you a bunch of new powers and bonuses.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Looks interesting. Goes way farther than I assumed it would, giving the ability for multiple weapon types and power trays, like the example of a knight turning into an archer.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah I thought the weapon disciplines were improvements if you already used that weapon, but it'll also give you the ability to use the weapon & let you equip brand new weapons. On the forums, they gave a theoretical loadout for a healing+archery legionaire

Orv
May 4, 2011
The words Arcane Archer still make me twitch a little.

E: Also whichever one of you loving moronsfine goons is watching the forums, please let us know when they have a confirmed date on Beta 2 access, sounds like there's a few of us waiting to be low level idiots.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Mar 3, 2017

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Orv posted:

The words Arcane Archer still make me twitch a little.

E: Also whichever one of you loving moronsfine goons is watching the forums, please let us know when they have a confirmed date on Beta 2 access, sounds like there's a few of us waiting to be low level idiots.

:siren: Beta 2 invites have begun :siren:
:siren: All Beta 2 players will be in by the end of march :siren:
:siren: On April 1, The $49 pledge will only give access to Beta 3 so you need to buy it before then if you want in by the end of the month :siren:

https://crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-247-test-plans/
https://crowfall.com/en/news/ace-qa-for-march-playable-placeholders/

Other stuff:
- They're transitioning to a 24/7 stable environment in a couple months + sporatically-available testing environment so people are more willing to put time into building out gear etc. This will probably coincide with the launch of long-term investments like forts
- I've been told EKs are live for pre-alpha 1 backers, but it might be a rumor
- They're working on the assassin archetype but other than that their big focus is on getting thralls & disciplines in-game
- Balance is going to get nuked from orbit when they come out, everyone's powerlevel will be shanked & good archetypes & synergistic disciplines will be required to restore it
- Sometime soon a lower amount of training will be required to meet prerequisites for dependent skills. The result will be faster access to favorite skills, but the same overall skill training times for completion.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well, gently caress me.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-building-eks/

Looks like building placement from your pledge rewards will be available in EKs when they start testing them.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-building-eks/

Looks like building placement from your pledge rewards will be available in EKs when they start testing them.

Might be in this weekend. A 1.7g patch just went up.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

mightygerm posted:

Might be in this weekend. A 1.7g patch just went up.

!!!!

Are capn or doggir alpha 1 backers?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The patch just came up, the harvesting tree was reworked pretty heavily- excavation basics no longer contains copper/granite/human graves, and the excavation advanced trees no longer contain a line of +mining. Instead, excavation basics has generic +mining, +beneficial harvest, +gem/mineral chance, +motherlode damage skills, and copper/granite/human graves's been moved into the advanced trees. There's also a soul gem harvest chance skill added to exploration basics. Patch notes aren't released, but there's a server called "builder world" up right now, so it's possible that we're doing building system tests without EK's this weekend.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/bpjng

Yup! I don't have any deeds on my account though.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 10, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turns out because of my original purchase date of a larger package that I then sold down to the smaller one I got an invite for this weekend. Anyone have any plans to do stuff this weekend as a group? Solo play seems like a hell of its own making right now.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

30.5 Days posted:

!!!!

Are capn or doggir alpha 1 backers?

No I am not a loony toon

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Looks like in. I'm down to play Orv, I can also make Capn play, he can show us the ropes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Cool, hit me on Steam.

E: Or I could get on Discord.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 11, 2017

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Patch notes were finally posted. Mainly consists of some random balance & character movement fixes that sound pretty good, and some background stuff for disciplines, like bone, blood, and soul gems now dropping if you have the skills. The big changes are some harvesting ones, in addition to the skill changes I posted, motherlodes now just have an assload of armor & no regen. They also drop more resources now. Confirmed that nodes disappearing after 2min if you haven't finished them is a new feature.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Capntastic posted:

No I am not a loony toon

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Is this worth it yet?

As you answer this bear in mind I bought Conan Exiles

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably not? It's got a cool foundation there but it's still kind of enough of a mess to not really be worth long term play testing/investment.

That said, if you put in $45 (or whatever it is) right now, you'll have access to the testing in case it does become worth it in the next few months. If you don't do that pre-April 1st, you'll have to wait for a few more months to have a chance to get in again.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

The game is more fun when the resource/craft/PVP/loot cycle is up and running

Last night we only killed like two people who had nothin' good on 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah the spirit bank killed good pvp in a lot of ways, and there are still people every weekend asking for a high-resource pve server, it's ridiculous.