Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Pulled on banner with 31 stockpiled, got Nino as they ran out, no regrets.

Now let's see if this luck holds for the Tellius banner...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Well at least i got gwendolyn. No effie, but now i can continue the march quests.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

:same:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i would help chrom if my teammates stop giving me three reds

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

i would help chrom if my teammates stop giving me three reds

My friends and teamates keep giving me Takumi. And oddly, at the very begining I kept getting Leos. Guess they joined our team. I wonder if Chromites would choose Lucina or Ephraim.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the cool ones would go for ephraim.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Team Ephraim stand strong, we'll cast out this garbage protagonist!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Female Trunks vs a guy that wants to bang his sister

Hmm

HMM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not gonna lie, I just don't want her to win because she's popular and I'm spiteful like that.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Servaetes posted:

Team Ephraim stand strong, we'll cast out this garbage protagonist!!!

Disgusting.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's been like what a month since the game came out and I only just now figured out how universal crystals work

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

meanwhile, on the other side of the bracket...

E: by the way, how do people get scores that aren't multiples of 100

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Elyv posted:

E: by the way, how do people get scores that aren't multiples of 100

If you use the leader character to get 110 base.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Clarste posted:

If you use the leader character to get 110 base.

That still doesn't explain the 5 at the end, though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ya boy Chrom gonna do it

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Jesus, Lucina has more votes than the boys combined. Also chrom has taken a small 5mil lead

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

OddObserver posted:

That still doesn't explain the 5 at the end, though.

Also if you look at the Ephraim Chrom Screenshot posted earlier, Ephraim's score ends with 1 and Chrom's with 2.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Can I just say I find it weird that Kagero (titty ninja) and Nino have the same voice actor?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lucina is the Saints Row Boss, that's why she's winning

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe enough people will want to prevent a steamroll and join Ephraim after he beats Chrom.

The waifu will win by 10,000,000,000 votes

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The amount of points you get is based on how many people you have on your friends list to a maximum of 10. 10 points per friend. So if someone only has 5 friends plus the 10% same unit bonus that's 55 points.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i don't get the awakening hate

like the series would be dead and buried without it's success, and there was some funny and good moments

e: is it just hipsterism for the less 'mainstream' games?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

like the series would be dead and buried without it's success, and there was some funny and good moments

Something something waifus something something anime

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Idk who hates awakening but Chrom and Lucina are the least interesting characters and while not the least useful gameplay wise, they dont make top 10.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People don't like good guys in 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I can't stop checking Ephraim Vs. Chrom, I'm team Chrom by the way. I don't get the awakening hate, I enjoyed sacred stones back in the day but haven't played it recently. I have sunk more hours into awakening than probably any other fire emblem game. It's got a lot of charm and is just fun to play, it is a good game.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I really enjoyed awakening and it was the first fire emblem I played to completion.

I joined team Ephraim because he was the only prince(ess) I had. It's fun to have it so close, ended up using almost all my flags on this round.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Chrom was a very good character in the third part of the game. Lucina basically disappeared after her attempt to kill Robin.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Awakening 100% saved the series, and it's good mindless fun, but the gameplay is a huge mess if you actually want any kind of challenge or even variety. Plus it is actually harder at the start of the game than the middle or end.

I only played awakening because of FE7-9 and I don't think I would have stuck with the series if I had started with Awakening.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's funny seeing the waifu loyalty and everything when there's zero question Lucina's gonna win. She got like 11 billion in round ONE.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
maybe everyone was wasting their flags at the earlier rounds and they will get stomped by good people with good taste

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe everyone was wasting their flags at the earlier rounds and they will get stomped by good people with good taste

Yeah, like jokes said, Lucina's going to win.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, like jokes said, Lucina's going to win.

I'm saving my flags to get that sweet 200 flag bonus, then I'mma cash in. Assuming there's rewards for more score.

Also I pulled on the waifu banner. Literally got Lucina's opponent as my ONLY 5* unit from a pull.

Is this a sign or some poo poo.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Hey Takumi maybe people wouldn't poo poo talk you behind your back if you didn't insult them to their face. "Can't fight" my rear end :mad:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Adel posted:

Hey Takumi maybe people wouldn't poo poo talk you behind your back if you didn't insult them to their face. "Can't fight" my rear end :mad:

He's telling the truth though.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Senerio posted:

Elise had Recover (+15 HP, Special count +1), which is enough to full heal her as she took 14 damage from Ursula. You can adapt it with other things, but as it is, that's what I used.

If you position the starting team as [Healer], Eirika, Nino, Effie, then the team will look like

Healer
Eirika | Nino
Effie

then Effie can move one to the right, while Nino moves down and to the right, which will put Nino in the range of Ursula, but neither Ninja, while Effie is in the range of the Ninja, but not Ursula on Turn 1.

Took a few attempts to get the sequence of moves right but I got it done! Team was a 4* Lv. 27 Serra, a 5* Lv. 38 Eirika (+HP/-RES), a 5* Lv. 40 Effie (+HP/-SPD) and a 5* Lv. 35 Nino (+ATK/-RES). Thankfully,, Savage Blow's bonus damage can't actually kill anyone, or else I probably wouldn't have made it; Serra had 1 HP left at the end of the fight, and this was after taking a Savage Blow hit at 6 HP. :toot:

I'm not sure which part of the battle was more satisfying, Nino taking out Ursula in one round, or those two pesky Ninjas finally being turned into chunky salsa by Effie at the end.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I got a pull with Nino and Lilina in it, both 5 stars.

Does a 5 star Nino replace a 5 star Camilla? I am torn due to running a Kagero, Hana and Catria already I have loads of damage but am lacking in bulk.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Saw this on Reddit, all 3* clear of Lunatic Ursula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I think this is adaptable to almost anyone's situation. The only character that's not freely available is the 3* Subaki but I think a number of strong tanky characters could substitute in that position.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

ChronoReverse posted:

Saw this on Reddit, all 3* clear of Lunatic Ursula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I think this is adaptable to almost anyone's situation. The only character that's not freely available is the 3* Subaki but I think a number of strong tanky characters could substitute in that position.

Subaki is on the rotation though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

AweStriker posted:

Subaki is on the rotation though.

Is he? Even better, it was done with all free characters at 3*