Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Have there been posts in here to get Blaster Master Zero?

Go get Blaster Master Zero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Cartoon Man posted:

Have there been posts in here to get Blaster Master Zero?

Go get Blaster Master Zero!

:yeah:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I got Blaster Master Zero and Voez and they are both cool games I recommend now.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lufm-f3I3NM

You are finally playing the Wii U.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Victim in the bender didn't care said Zelda rules :horse:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Dan Ryckert of Giant Bomb did this and actually ruined his vision because he wore the glasses he previously didn't need.

Whos that

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Switch came from Amazon a day early, and I have had zero problems with it aside from the left joycon desynching during Zelda once. I was worried about it so I changed the position I was playing in and also slightly rotated the dock so that it was facing the middle of my living room instead of the far left (due to the layout of my living room, all the consoles need to be over in that part of the room). I also took off my smart watch just in case the bluetooth signal caused any interference. It hasn't given me any poo poo since then and I have been playing Zelda nightly, although I dont consistently remove my smart watch, so your mileage may vary.
I love my Switch. Lunch breaks and down time at work are no longer a drag!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mother of God MK8 Deluxe looks incredible, I think that might be the tipping point for me getting a Switch

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Just to add my experience: I'm in Hong Kong and my house is tiny even by Japanese standards so I probably sit/recline closer to the dock than most in this thread.
I sit at most 40cm away from the dock on a tatami setup, direct line of sight, same elevation, a laptop being the only other wireless device in the room.

My left joycon is a huge pile of poo poo. If my leg even slightly gets in between the switch and the dock, the controller is instantly unresponsive. Even without any obstruction it still randomly disconnects. It's honestly terrible. In addition the L joycon's snap isn' t 100% snug to the side of the unit so when in handheld mode it creaks ever so slightly. I didn't mess up with the straps.

Has anyone had similar issues with the joycons you can buy separately? Or should I wait for a new production run? Nintendo suggesting the problem is "interference" is an outright lie in my opinion and quite a scummy move when there are obviously serious problems with the left joycon.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

SuperMarrio posted:

I also took off my smart watch just in case the bluetooth signal caused any interference.

I hadn't even thought of this possibility but it's going to be pretty funny if this turns out to be the reason why the left side is so much more problematic despite only having a slight antenna difference.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

chaleski posted:

Mother of God MK8 Deluxe looks incredible, I think that might be the tipping point for me getting a Switch

What! No one buys a system for Mario Kart! Whats next, you going to tell me that if you don't get the system by the time Mario Kart comes out, that Splatoon 2 may give you a push to buy a system with one of the highest critically esteemed Zelda's and a Mario Kart that is arguably considered the best with even more improvements? Nope, not buying it. If Zelda didn't sell you on the system at launch, then nothing will until Mario Odyssey during the holiday season....

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Rabelais D posted:

Just to add my experience: I'm in Hong Kong and my house is tiny even by Japanese standards so I probably sit/recline closer to the dock than most in this thread.
I sit at most 40cm away from the dock on a tatami setup, direct line of sight, same elevation, a laptop being the only other wireless device in the room.

My left joycon is a huge pile of poo poo. If my leg even slightly gets in between the switch and the dock, the controller is instantly unresponsive. Even without any obstruction it still randomly disconnects. It's honestly terrible. In addition the L joycon's snap isn' t 100% snug to the side of the unit so when in handheld mode it creaks ever so slightly. I didn't mess up with the straps.

Has anyone had similar issues with the joycons you can buy separately? Or should I wait for a new production run? Nintendo suggesting the problem is "interference" is an outright lie in my opinion and quite a scummy move when there are obviously serious problems with the left joycon.

Some people saw improvement, others (who situation wasn't as bad as yours) didn't. So you may see some benefit to another pair, but who knows. Make sure to turn off aquariums. Also, maybe just build a faraday cage around your house to prevent any "interference").

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

FireMrshlBill posted:

What! No one buys a system for Mario Kart! Whats next, you going to tell me that if you don't get the system by the time Mario Kart comes out, that Splatoon 2 may give you a push to buy a system with one of the highest critically esteemed Zelda's and a Mario Kart that is arguably considered the best with even more improvements? Nope, not buying it. If Zelda didn't sell you on the system at launch, then nothing will until Mario Odyssey during the holiday season....

Anecdotally, I know a few people personally who are waiting for some game or another to drop before getting a Switch

It'll be dope when we eventually all have our own to LAN with

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

loving hell I'm going to have to buy MK8 again. 200CC right out of the box and battle mode looks awesome :pcgaming:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

chaleski posted:

Anecdotally, I know a few people personally who are waiting for some game or another to drop before getting a Switch

It'll be dope when we eventually all have our own to LAN with

Haha, ya. I was just ribbing on some previous posters pages ago who basically said MK8 won't sell any Switches, nor would Splatoon2 and said its sales will die post-launch until Mario comes out during the holiday season.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094GLEII/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This has been a very well made small backpack for my switch+case with room for a few sandwiches and a pro controller. I like to hike and game this works out wonderfully.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's PC Gamer comparing Zelda to STALKER. In a good way.

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-open-world-games-on-pc-need-to-learn-from-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

quote:

See, Breath of the Wild isn't just an open-world game, it's also a sandbox in the vein of STALKER, where dozens of interlocking systems create a Hyrule that feels more alive than ever.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

OOH I know it's nothing like stalker but that's always a good way to get me interested in a game.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I did not preorder a switch or camp out for one and now I can't find one and I kind of hate myself

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I did not preorder a switch or camp out for one and now I can't find one and I kind of hate myself

:same:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea me too, there hasn't been an alert or update all week. I just want to pre order for fucks sake.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I hadn't even thought of this possibility but it's going to be pretty funny if this turns out to be the reason why the left side is so much more problematic despite only having a slight antenna difference.

Right? Like, I wonder how many of these turbonerds that are bitching and moaning about their new toys not working have several bluetooth enabled devices strapped to themselves 24/7 lol

I'm a bit confounded by people getting scratches on the screen from docking it too. Hey, how about not open-palm slamming your switch into the drat thing? Let gravity do the work.
I think most a lot of this kind of stuff happening is due to the user being rougher with the units than they realize..its that retard strength. Thats not to say the design isn't prone to some wear and tear, but drat people, use some common sense and be gentle with it.

On a more positive note, Snipperclips is def GOTY and Zelda is best Zelda. Switch is drat good.

Zelda spoiler: I found the giant labyrinth swarming with guardians in the northeast corner of the map and instead of actually completing it, I was able to glide over to it from the Tech Labs roof and then determine where the entrance to the shrine was. Easiest shrine so far, and so loving cool I could just cheat my way in! :

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I walked into a game store today, saw the deliveryman bring in a few boxes, and immediately told an employee to crack those open on a whim. Walked out with the inexplicably single Switch that was delivered :c00l:

Moral of the story? Be incredibly lucky.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 11, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I didn't buy one cuz I was gonna be the smug dick head who bought a 32gb U for 100 bux and play Zelda on that. gently caress me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Spoke to one of the clerks at Gamestop today and he mentioned it isn't likely the store receives any stock until May unless you buy their $500 Gamestop bundle :v:

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con-console-starter-bundle-two-delivers-by-4-16-17/143265

Which guarantees shipment by 4/16. Or earlier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how do i play as boss characters in waku waku? all the guides online are for home console versions of the game but the switch version thinks it is the arcade version

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My dock doesn't seem to want to work anymore. Was playing on the TV, put it in sleep mode before dinner. Came back, hit the home button of the pro controller, and it won't output any video. I can play it handheld. When I plug it into the dock, the screen turns off on the Switch, but doesn't output anything. Powered the Switch off and back on, unplugged, replugged everything, rebooted TV and receiver, and nothing so far. :( Guess I'll keep loving around.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

My dock doesn't seem to want to work anymore. Was playing on the TV, put it in sleep mode before dinner. Came back, hit the home button of the pro controller, and it won't output any video. I can play it handheld. When I plug it into the dock, the screen turns off on the Switch, but doesn't output anything. Powered the Switch off and back on, unplugged, replugged everything, rebooted TV and receiver, and nothing so far. :( Guess I'll keep loving around.

Does the green light on the dock light up? Try a different HDMI cable and plug directly into TV (no receiver or hdmi switch). I know mine didn't output video when I had it plugged into my hdmi switch and then plugged that into my sound bar and then into the TV.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

FireMrshlBill posted:

Does the green light on the dock light up? Try a different HDMI cable and plug directly into TV (no receiver or hdmi switch). I know mine didn't output video when I had it plugged into my hdmi switch and then plugged that into my sound bar and then into the TV.

I was getting the green light, but no output. I switched to a built-in HDMI port on the TV and that didn't help either. I just kept unplugging and replugging poo poo and changed all the TV settings to auto instead of the manual settings I had and it finally started working. Well, the pro controller didn't work for a minute after that, but it's working now. Pretty lame I had to go through all this when I had done nothing but or it into sleep mode like I've find dozens of times in the past.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did you try plugging the power cable directly into the Switch?

Start eliminating parts so you know what's faulty for when you RMA it! :eng101:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The stand can hold the weight of 1 bird, fails at 2.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Konami just announced on the website for Bomberman R that they're working on fixing the online lag and input delay in the game so if you've been waiting out for the game to be fixed then hey there's some progress.

Or better yet dont buy the lovely 50 dollar bomberman game

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Maybe just stop buying Konami games. They aren't interested in anything other than cashing in on their IPs, gently caress actually making a decent game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Did you try plugging the power cable directly into the Switch?

Start eliminating parts so you know what's faulty for when you RMA it! :eng101:

Agreed, my next suggestion was to check that.

Also, turn off the CEC on the Switch and make sure it wasn't that (can be done in handheld mode).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hungry Computer posted:

The stand can hold the weight of 1 bird, fails at 2.

Enjoy your scratch marks

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Highly recommend the switch pro controller. This thing is comfortable.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Wiltsghost posted:

It would be perfect if the Y and B buttons weren't so close to the right analog stick, but yeah, definitely the best controller they've made since the SNES pad.

And before anyone corrects this, Wii Classic controller had the dumb Gamecube octagonal gates and the Wii U Pro controller's right stick was in the wrong place.

Also the GC controller was dumb and bad, I know one of you goofballs would pick that one.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Machine posted:

Maybe just stop buying Konami games. They aren't interested in anything other than cashing in on their IPs, gently caress actually making a decent game.

I had no idea Hudson was bought out by Konami :(
RIP the hope that there would ever (somehow) be a Second Attack followup.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FYI, Fry's has the HORI playstand in stock. Cancelled my Amazon order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Wiltsghost posted:

I would love one. Been looking all week. Every loving store is sold out. :mad:

• Locked thread