Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well, on the one hand, the E21 is loving rad, so good job there. On the other, you are thinking of selling your DRZ, and I feel a human should keep a trusty thumper around at all times.

Sell all your worldly possessions except for the DRZ, my child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yerok posted:

I broke my "no toy cars" rule that I've obeyed for the last 5 years and traded a really lovely Fireblade for a cheap BMW E21. Now I have this loving car to deal with and I'm considering moving back across the country and I'm trying to decide if I should just sell all my vehicles and drive the truck or buy a new (used) trailer to haul it home.

The general contactor I've been working with lost their main source of contracts so I haven't worked in a while and I'm freaking out about adding to my debt. I also can't decide if I should sell my DRZ and YZ125 or keep one or both. Don't try to read these things like there is a logical sequence, because there isn't.

I'm losing my loving mind

Cheap E21 eh? Check your rear guards and door jambs and door frames and taillight area and report back.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

Well, on the one hand, the E21 is loving rad, so good job there. On the other, you are thinking of selling your DRZ, and I feel a human should keep a trusty thumper around at all times.

Sell all your worldly possessions except for the DRZ, my child.

Speaking of trusty thumpers, how's your mom doing?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Cheap E21 eh? Check your rear guards and door jambs and door frames and taillight area and report back.

Montana might be ravaged by meth, but it is basically the land that rust forgot. This piece of poo poo is immaculate.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

I used to own a 320i :allears: It had over 200,000 miles on it and it burned oil pretty bad, but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Best of luck!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Yerok posted:

I broke my "no toy cars" rule that I've obeyed for the last 5 years and traded a really lovely Fireblade for a cheap BMW E21. Now I have this loving car to deal with and I'm considering moving back across the country and I'm trying to decide if I should just sell all my vehicles and drive the truck or buy a new (used) trailer to haul it home.

The general contactor I've been working with lost their main source of contracts so I haven't worked in a while and I'm freaking out about adding to my debt. I also can't decide if I should sell my DRZ and YZ125 or keep one or both. Don't try to read these things like there is a logical sequence, because there isn't.

I'm losing my loving mind

My man, have you tried LSD?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do not sell a Drz, youll just buy another. Ask me how my hunt for a 3rd Drz-SM is going.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I feel like I kinda want a supermoto down the line but I like the Husky 610 better than the 400SM. Is that okay?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

I feel like I kinda want a supermoto down the line but I like the Husky 610 better than the 400SM. Is that okay?

No because the 701 exists

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

EX250 Type R posted:

My man, have you tried LSD?

I've been thinking I'm overdue for some more mushrooms/LSD but I don't know anyone here yet. Wondering if maybe it's time for good ol' DMT. I mean I know that the real answer to my problems is roughly a dozen more motorcycles.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Yerok posted:

I've been thinking I'm overdue for some more mushrooms/LSD but I don't know anyone here yet. Wondering if maybe it's time for good ol' DMT. I mean I know that the real answer to my problems is roughly a dozen more motorcycles.

Tomato tomato

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

No it is not

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

Would you believe me if I said I have a rust-free SA22 RX-7?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beach Bum posted:

No because the 701 exists

I'm not gonna buy a new bike, though.

this is a witch hunt

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sagebrush posted:

Yes. There's one for sale for $3100 that has been up for awhile on BARF you could probably get it for $2500 if you showed up with cash dollars.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Yerok posted:

DMT and shrooms are a totally different trip, but have fun either way

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Would you believe me if I said I have a rust-free SA22 RX-7?

Yes. If it were anyone other than you, no.

Z3n posted:

Yes. There's one for sale for $3100 that has been up for awhile on BARF you could probably get it for $2500 if you showed up with cash dollars.

Can we kill this myth that DRZ's are awesome bikes for anyone other than a learner or a masochist with a burning wallet? A husky 610 is a vastly superior motorcycle in basically every way except sheer tractory shittyness.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, if you're a bad opinion-haver.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
DRZs are cool and fun bikes despite there being better choices

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Yerok posted:

I think he meant limited slip diff.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Yes. If it were anyone other than you, no.

Can we kill this myth that DRZ's are awesome bikes for anyone other than a learner or a masochist with a burning wallet? A husky 610 is a vastly superior motorcycle in basically every way except sheer tractory shittyness.

I agree. DRZs are undependable lemons. :ironicat:

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013

Z3n posted:

What's BARF?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bay Area Riders Forum
Bayarearidersforum.com

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013

Chichevache posted:

Bay Area Riders Forum
Bayarearidersforum.com

Thank you!

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

revmoo posted:

Annoyingly I cant sell my immaculate 300 ABS in white with cowl, yoshi fender delete, and brand new tires for 3000. I have listed it a few times now and nobody even contacts me about it. I am just keeping it at this point.

Hey if this is yours, I'm sorry to tell you you don't have ABS

https://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/6017391039.html

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

DMT and shrooms are a totally different trip, but have fun either way

That's why I said maybe it's time for some DMT

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dutymode posted:

Hey if this is yours, I'm sorry to tell you you don't have ABS

https://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/6017391039.html

Lol I know what a reluctor ring looks like.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yerok posted:

That's why I said maybe it's time for some DMT

I just wish I knew where to get it. Shrooms made a big impact on my life, I wonder if DMT could do the same.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

call to action posted:

I just wish I knew where to get it. Shrooms made a big impact on my life, I wonder if DMT could do the same.

Same & same

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

My cousin has started getting into motorcycling and he's such a squid it hurts. Bought a GSXR and then three weeks later asks me if he should trade it for a Hayabusa (a horribly hosed up one at that from the pictures) because he feels like his bike doesn't have enough power.

Didn't take a safety course but afaik wears a helmet, so hopefully he doesn't kill himself.

Today I got a text from his mom saying they were with him in the ER after an accident with his motorcycle, so I thought he crashed it already.

Nope, he decided to clean the chain with the bike in gear and the sprocket claimed the flesh off his index finger.

Part of me feels bad because he's family and a rider too but Jesus I always wondered who would be dumb enough to clean the chain with the engine running and it turns out the answer is my family.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Everyone has at least one family member that makes you question if someone pissed in your gene pool. Some of us have several.

Side note on the "at least he wears a helmet" thing: had a brief discussion about bikes at lunch with a customer this week, when I noticed he wore an HD-branded jacket into the restaurant . Mentioned I was looking for a new summer jacket, and he mentioned he wore a vest and chaps in the summer, but not wearing a helmet kept him cool.

Leathers + no helmet? "Yeah, the leathers will at least make sure my wife can have an open casket at the funeral"

I guess the motor company has invented a leather vest that will automatically deploy itself over your face if you ever get in an accident.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jazzzzz posted:

Everyone has at least one family member that makes you question if someone pissed in your gene pool. Some of us have several.

Side note on the "at least he wears a helmet" thing: had a brief discussion about bikes at lunch with a customer this week, when I noticed he wore an HD-branded jacket into the restaurant . Mentioned I was looking for a new summer jacket, and he mentioned he wore a vest and chaps in the summer, but not wearing a helmet kept him cool.

Leathers + no helmet? "Yeah, the leathers will at least make sure my wife can have an open casket at the funeral"

I guess the motor company has invented a leather vest that will automatically deploy itself over your face if you ever get in an accident.

:psypop:

apseudonym posted:

My cousin has started getting into motorcycling and he's such a squid it hurts. Bought a GSXR and then three weeks later asks me if he should trade it for a Hayabusa (a horribly hosed up one at that from the pictures) because he feels like his bike doesn't have enough power.

Didn't take a safety course but afaik wears a helmet, so hopefully he doesn't kill himself.

Today I got a text from his mom saying they were with him in the ER after an accident with his motorcycle, so I thought he crashed it already.

Nope, he decided to clean the chain with the bike in gear and the sprocket claimed the flesh off his index finger.

Part of me feels bad because he's family and a rider too but Jesus I always wondered who would be dumb enough to clean the chain with the engine running and it turns out the answer is my family.

:psyboom:

Your gene pool needs chlorine.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

apseudonym posted:

I know a guy whose nickname is Stumpy, because he is missing the end of his index finger down to the first knuckle and the tip of his middle finger due to doing exactly this. I choose not to ride with him.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Jazzzzz posted:

Funny thing, being covered in leather gear and helmet is what keeps me relatively cool in the summer.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

Funny thing, being covered in leather gear and helmet is what keeps me relatively cool in the summer.

*tries to spit dip juice into a water bottle, but I mess up and it dribbles onto my Harley Brand tank top instead* you may be a lot of things, but cool isn't one of them :patriot:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
As a rock star JavaScript developer, I'm sure it's impossible to be actually cool

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I don't understand how you could possibly clean the chain with the bike running and in gear, unless you were holding the clutch in as you were cleaning? Or maybe more likely he had it in neutral and knocked it into gear?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

MomJeans420 posted:

I don't understand how you could possibly clean the chain with the bike running and in gear, unless you were holding the clutch in as you were cleaning? Or maybe more likely he had it in neutral and knocked it into gear?

...?

You put the bike on a rear stand and then start it and hold a cloth to it while the engine turns it.

It's as dumb as it sounds

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

...?

You put the bike on a rear stand and then start it and hold a cloth to it while the engine turns it.

It's as dumb as it sounds

And a thought I'm sure literally every person who has ever cleaned a chain has had at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I do it with a stiff brush that keeps my fingers away from the moving bits occasionally.

wild card bitches